jackhandsome

Trying to enhance a still picture from a license plate

Hi lesst, can I ask you something? I qaa trying to talk to the cctv technician if he can help me to get something better that what I had now but he told me that the it is already a HD cctv camera that he sold me and kinda blame me for my old TV that why I can't get a clear picture of it. But then I tried to let him know that I'm using a mac screen to look at the video and its not any clear or HD then he said it was because I didn't open the light at my gate door that why it become low resolution. I not sure if this is right or wrong what he was saying or he just want to lie me. Lesst, can I know more about this or any advice? Much appreciate.

I see, anyway thanks ak357. i will take note on that camera and software you mentioned.

u welcome

by the way here is plate extracted from pix

I would love to know how you did that. It's very impressive. Have you ever used that sort of enhancement as evidence?

For everyone asking how to enhance the plates this is what can be done when you dedicate a camera to the role of Number Plate Capture. No Enhancement required

Buellwinkel (RIP) was doing it with a sub US$100 Hikvision bullet.

It doesn't have to be expensive. Following my experiments, and what I've seen others do, Ive reached the conclusion that less that $US300 is a very realistic budget for Number plate capture setup that captures video that can be used as evidence.

2027176450_NightPlateCapture1msshutter.thumb.jpg.3fa338e6506c627b2b66ae1af49a6391.jpg

SyconsciousAu I am thinking of running a 3mp 12mm hikvision dedicated zoomed in at 12mm to capture plates day and night. Would I just turn the IR off in dark and ajust the brightness etc to capture the plates?

SyconsciousAu I am thinking of running a 3mp 12mm hikvision dedicated zoomed in at 12mm to capture plates day and night. Would I just turn the IR off in dark and a just the brightness etc to capture the plates?

Quite the opposite. You want more IR. As much as you can get. Then you turn up your shutter speed until all you will see is the plate and the lights. The illuminator I am using at the moment cost less than $50. It is a 96 x 10mm led unit. Buellwinkel did it with only the onboard IR but he was only using 1/200 sec shutter speed which will give significant motion blur if the plates are moving at any speed. Mine is set for 1/1000 sec.

Ok and how do you adjust shutter speed? Im running a hikvision nvr. My other cams are set at 20fps i think thats the fastest

Ok and how do you adjust shutter speed? Im running a hikvision nvr. My other cams are set at 20fps i think thats the fastest

Frame rate is not shutter speed. Frame rate is the number of frames per second that are recorded. Shutter speed is how fast the shutter is opened and closed. It's possible to have a high shutter speed (e.g. 1/1000 sec) and a low frame rate (e.g. 4 fps).

Shutter speed, also known as exposure, is in the configuration menu for your camera. Depending on camera type you may be able to set a single value or a range.

I see, anyway thanks ak357. i will take note on that camera and software you mentioned.

u welcome

I would love to know how you did that. It's very impressive. Have you ever used that sort of enhancement as evidence?

For everyone asking how to enhance the plates this is what can be done when you dedicate a camera to the role of Number Plate Capture. No Enhancement required

[attachment=0]Night Plate Capture 1ms shutter.jpg[/attachment]

Buellwinkel (RIP) was doing it with a sub US$100 Hikvision bullet.

It doesn't have to be expensive. Following my experiments, and what I've seen others do, Ive reached the conclusion that less that $US300 is a very realistic budget for Number plate capture setup that captures video that can be used as evidence.

He didnt do anything...the two photos were taken from different cameras at different angles, exposure setting etc...there was no "enhancement"

u welcome

He didnt do anything...the two photos were taken from different cameras at different angles, exposure setting etc...there was no "enhancement"

Who is "He" ?

He is you ak357 ....come on we are not THAT stupid...

If I prove u wrong

Would you publicly apologize ?

Yes i will..but im not an idiot...i can see that they are two distinct photographs...go ahead and prove me wrong..there is no way that image would be that clear even in daylight zoomed in like that...

Hi. I can say ak357 is right same images

No way can they not be using Anpr overlay you can clear see head light match for distance

Even down to the reflections on the cars fall into same location which would be impossible to set on two different images

image.thumb.jpg.3bf8eaef22c9d062966851e7a4e7b09d.jpg

image.jpg.64647165be703816c4d59a8b096b0785.jpg

Yes i will..but im not an idiot...i can see that they are two distinct photographs...go ahead and prove me wrong..there is no way that image would be that clear even in daylight zoomed in like that...

Your choice

Now How would u like me to prove it ?

1.you log to my comp with Team viewer

2.I will sent to you original Avigilon clip (.ave format u will have to use Avigilon player )

pick and choose Boogieman

Edited by Guest

ANPR overlay .... Both images together everything matches

Someone owes someone a drink

Tom I have no doubt that you understand !

I will get apology from him

unless He is a chicken

Let's the game begin ?

Your choice

2.I will sent to you original Avigilon clip (.ave format u will have to use Avigilon player )

Prove it by manipulating the image on your pc step by step and show me...

And i want to see the original video to ensure that the original was washed out and that you did not purposely was out a clear image...there is no way to add those dark pixels from a washed out image like that...

And i want to see the original video to ensure that the original was washed out and that you did not purposely was out a clear image...there is no way to add those dark pixels from a washed out image like that...

Ok, lets start

sent PM with you your email

I will sent Dropbox link with original file

Is it ok ?

U wanna TeamV now ?

Would you like to talk on ph ?

What ever u want

Don't be shy

All I want public apology

I will not say one bad word

Your choice

If you don't believe Alex I have a 20 or 30 clips you can look at too.

Boogieman you are very quiet for last few hours

I am waiting for you decision

Boogieman you are very quiet for last few hours

I am waiting for you decision

I am busy at work and do cannot teamviewer...I can tonight..would love to see you manipulate that image...i stand by my statement, you cannot get color from a white image..its simply impossible..

I am busy at work and do cannot teamviewer...I can tonight..would love to see you manipulate that image...i stand by my statement, you cannot get color from a white image..its simply impossible..

Color ?

what are u talking about ?

We are talking about Lic plate only

in mean time check your PM

Thx