pupdogg

Looking to Partner w/ Security Expert for Project in MI

I'm looking to partner with a security professional who can work alongside my company to deploy a security / surveillance system at a new apartment complex (near Saint Clair Shores, MI) with about 80 to 100 units. E-mail me with what you can bring to table along with your contact information. Serious e-mails only by intermediate or expert professionals.

I'm looking to partner with a security professional who can work alongside my company to deploy a security / surveillance system at a new apartment complex (near Saint Clair Shores, MI) with about 80 to 100 units. E-mail me with what you can bring to table along with your contact information. Serious e-mails only by intermediate or expert professionals.

Sorry, we don't partner with anyone, but we do work on a consultation basis. Our initial rates are $5,700 plus travel, meals, and lodging for the first 24-hours meeting. Discount rates apply for each additional day.

ok, great info but, who are you? it would be nice to give some sort of background about your company and what you've done in the past rather than out right giving me your fee schedule.

ok, great info but, who are you? it would be nice to give some sort of background about your company and what you've done in the past rather than out right giving me your fee schedule.

You should take this advice to heart. What are YOU bringing to the deal? Who are YOU?

You should take this advice to heart. What are YOU bringing to the deal? Who are YOU?

He's bringing an 80-100 camera job to the table. I'd guess that you'd get into that sort of detail if you prove that you can suit his job requirements. He's hiring you, not the other way around. He doesn't need to tell you anything just yet... just sayin'

pupdogg.... please state more information about your company and what you do. This could be a good opportunity for someone.

Do you need someone to design the system or did you sell it already?

What business are you in?

Campbell.... he said nothing about camera counts.

My fee schedule doesn't change, at least decrease, because you are requesting information. You will need to provide more specifics about what you really want, or think you want and we will decide if you are the right person, company, or entity to do business with.

Hello,

80 to 100 units of what ? Cameras/Access Control/Turnstiles/Time&Attendence Macines or what, Please be specific with the requirement.

If it is of 80 - 100 IP Cameras, then you can consult me as I have recently deployed a system of 48 IP Cameras.

Regards,

MeeM

Hello,

80 to 100 units of what ? Cameras/Access Control/Turnstiles/Time&Attendence Macines or what, Please be specific with the requirement.

If it is of 80 - 100 IP Cameras, then you can consult me as I have recently deployed a system of 48 IP Cameras.

Regards,

MeeM

It is obvious the original poster is talking about the number of apartment units the property has.

Hello,

Regards,

MeeM

It is obvious the original poster is talking about the number of apartment units the property has.

330am posting :*( Not so obvious then!

Hi Guys,

Hope you all had a great easter with friends & family! I see that everyone is looking for more details so here they are. I am the owner of an IT firm that specializes in custom software development & systems integration. The owner of this apartment complex is a good friend of mine who has put me in charge to deploy a security/surveillance system at his completely renovated apartment complex. Since we have never worked on a security/surveillance integration project of this size, we are actively looking to partner with someone with these expertise. Specifically, we are looking for a good systems designer & configurator. We have the resources to install & provide equipment. We have business accounts setup with most security distribution entities such as gocsc, adi, graybar, scanscource & more. This is not to say that it's set in stone that we will install & provide equipment. It depends on what all you can offer. We want to make this a win-win transaction for both sides. Aside from the flat project price, there's also an opportunity to make recurring revenues by offering unit based security to tenants (similar to ADT or Guardian). But again, that all depends on what you bring to the table. Also, I made mistake in my initial post, stating this was a 80-100 unit complex. It is a 60-70 unit instead. There are 2 parts to the project: 1) general site based security/surveillance which includes the parking lot & other common areas & 2) unit based security with no surveillance which includes sensors for fire & breakins at each unit. I hope you get the gist. PM if you're interested. Thanks!

PS if you're planning on leaving a smartass response, move onto the next thread & leave this open for healthy discussion

Hi Guys,

Hope you all had a great easter with friends & family! I see that everyone is looking for more details so here they are. I am the owner of an IT firm that specializes in custom software development & systems integration. The owner of this apartment complex is a good friend of mine who has put me in charge to deploy a security/surveillance system at his completely renovated apartment complex. Since we have never worked on a security/surveillance integration project of this size, we are actively looking to partner with someone with these expertise. Specifically, we are looking for a good systems designer & configurator. We have the resources to install & provide equipment. We have business accounts setup with most security distribution entities such as gocsc, adi, graybar, scanscource & more. This is not to say that it's set in stone that we will install & provide equipment. It depends on what all you can offer. We want to make this a win-win transaction for both sides. Aside from the flat project price, there's also an opportunity to make recurring revenues by offering unit based security to tenants (similar to ADT or Guardian). But again, that all depends on what you bring to the table. Also, I made mistake in my initial post, stating this was a 80-100 unit complex. It is a 60-70 unit instead. There are 2 parts to the project: 1) general site based security/surveillance which includes the parking lot & other common areas & 2) unit based security with no surveillance which includes sensors for fire & breakins at each unit. I hope you get the gist. PM if you're interested. Thanks!

Your words

"We have the resources to install & provide equipment"

"We have business accounts setup with most security distribution entities such as gocsc, adi, graybar, scanscource & more"

and you looking for help ?

kinda strange to me

“Your words

"We have the resources to install & provide equipment"

"We have business accounts setup with most security distribution entities such as gocsc, adi, graybar, scanscource & more"

and you looking for help ?

kinda strange to me”

What is strange about this post. He is being smart and honest. He is admitting he does not know about video surveillance and is smart enough to ask for help.

Specifically, we are looking for a good systems designer & configurator. We have the resources to install & provide equipment. We have business accounts setup with most security distribution entities such as gocsc, adi, graybar, scanscource & more.

So, you want someone to do the design work, and then you will most likely purchase and install the recommended equipment on your own?

Specifically, we are looking for a good systems designer & configurator. We have the resources to install & provide equipment. We have business accounts setup with most security distribution entities such as gocsc, adi, graybar, scanscource & more.

So, you want someone to do the design work, and then you will most likely purchase and install the recommended equipment on your own?

Nothing wrong with that. That's why it is called consulting work. It is done all the time in new construction of major projects. A lot of times you don't have to touch a thing other than giving the client a set of drawings and specs of materials used. That is why I gave the original poster my rock bottom rates.

Nothing wrong with that. That's why it is called consulting work. It is done all the time in new construction of major projects. A lot of times you don't have to touch a thing other than giving the client a set of drawings and specs of materials used. That is why I gave the original poster my rock bottom rates.

I didn't say there was anything wrong with it. I was just trying to figure out what exactly he wants. I have 4 good integrators in the SE Michigan area that I could potentially refer for him, but I know that at least one of them wouldn't be interested in a design-only job.

@NotoriousBRK, I you re-read my post you will notice that I mention IT'S NOT SET IN STONE THAT WE PROVIDE & INSTALL EQUIPMENT. If the person or company working with us is willing to do that at a price within our budget, be our guest to do it all. We just want to make sure that it's a win-win situation for both parties.

it may be best to let people know what your budget is. as far as i can tell from your limited spec. is you need more than a cctv company. you also need a company with a licenced for fire in that state.

you may also find that any company you use. are going to want to work with the products they know. at the end of the day it is there company name that is getting used.

you must have worked out some sort of budget with your customer. do you not have some drawings or anything just to see the size of job. 1 size of cctv system 2 size of fire detection system 3 door entry systems.

Personally, I think this is a dead end street and this guy is a timewaster looking for a cheap deal or just burning time trolling the forum. There are plenty or resourses in his state to get the job done, so he need look there if he is for real. After all, he did claim to have access to all the harwdware in a previous post. Let him ask these contacts.

I think it is time for one of the mods to lock/delete this thread.

I created this thread so that interested people can PM me and talk one-to-one, instead of bashing the limited details I've provided here. Things like personal contact info and budget are somethings that aren't wise to post publicly.

@Tailbone215: No, my goal is not to find a cheap deal but rather a quality integrator who really wants business. You very well could use your valuable time to contact me directly instead of wasting your time bashing this post publicly and asking administrators to delete it. This is a perfectly viable post for Classifieds category. And yes, I am aware that there are other security companies in MI and I have contacted them. But, who doesn't like to shop around? I guess you don't! When was the last time you went to a real estate agent and told him you were looking to buy the biggest home possible for $2,000,000? Now that this agent knows your budget, do you really think he's gonna use that to the best interest of his client? I don't think so! Not sure the type of business you run but I'm trying to do just what any other sensible business person would. So, stop kidding yourself.

pupdogg. thanks for your pm. dont take this the wrong way. Give up on this job. you dont know how to price a job and its going to give you problems from the very start.

pupdogg. the budget you sent .... you cant even buy a standard Dvr. (just the dvr)

I created this thread so that interested people can PM me and talk one-to-one, instead of bashing the limited details I've provided here. Things like personal contact info and budget are somethings that aren't wise to post publicly.

To all members/guests.

Please PM the OP for further discussion.