@alpine0000 FYI I have been told Exacq 4.6 will work with Avigilon H.264 cameras

any time frame on 4.6?

Now that I know I am only getting 3fps, I am wanting to upgrade my analog cameras even sooner

Damm, so no matter which encoder i get, I still cant get above 5fps ?

Single encoders like the 241S and 243 are rated at 30.

Axis tends to be a little optimistic, also depends what the encoder compression is set at and certain cameras don't compress as well (e.g. CNB Monalisa).

Note IP cams per se don't necessarily fix the problem, some Acti like the ACM4200 are <10Fps.

Just tried playing back my 2400+ and it is around 5-6 Fps on a scene with alot of information (compression at 50%). Rated for 10Fps (max) 1 channel at 704x480.

241S plays back at 10Fps but that is a VitaminD limitation not the encoder.

@alpine0000 FYI I have been told Exacq 4.6 will work with Avigilon H.264 cameras

any time frame on 4.6?

Now that I know I am only getting 3fps, I am wanting to upgrade my analog cameras even sooner

I was told today "this week"

An email from AXIS:

-----------------------------------

Dear William,

Thank you for contacting Axis Technical Support. I would be happy to assist you.

If you are using all 4 ports on the 241Q encoder at full resolution, this encoder can only share 25-30FPS across all 4 channels.

Other network conditions can decrease the frame rate a little more but on average you would be receiving 5-7 FPS per channel.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

Eamon

Axis Customer Services

any time frame on 4.6?

I was told today "this week"

TASTY 3fps isnt gonna cut it for me ... Time to start moving these analog cameras out.

Also the Acti encoder your looking at only does 7 FPS on all channels compared to the AXIS which can do 30 FPS at full D1 on all channels FYI.

So if this is the case, if i record all 4 channels on the ACTi ACD2000Q, i would be able to get 7FPS each while for the Axis 241Q, i'll get 30/4 = 7.5FPS each ?

TASTY 3fps isnt gonna cut it for me ... Time to start moving these analog cameras out.

Does using the mpeg-4 stream do better than 3Fps? It would take less bandwidth so maybe the server would have an easier time of it?

What are the compression settings?

You can also add some text to the 241S at least in date and time to display the data rate on the live view (see attached), which might help your troubleshooting.

2106036175_Picture8.png.901b4dd76c30c8952e9927e4426175ce.png

You can also add some text to the 241S at least in date and time to display the data rate on the live view (see attached), which might help your troubleshooting.

I did that. No matter what I have tried, the text bar at the top of the image coming from the encoder is saying it is only about 3.5fps.

I dont think I have much troubleshooting left, in this case. This is just a limitation of the 241Q if I want the max resolution at the max quality settings.

Hey Guys,

Just to check, for the new exacqvision start, it is only available with the NVR? I can't install on my PC?

TWG: I remember you saying $50/channel ?

Thanks

Nycky

alpine0000 I have Exacq 4.6 and it works with Avigilon H.264 cameras

Excellent!

I have a few concerns that I am hoping you can sort out:

1) In exacqvision, with my Vivotek FD8161, it seems to work fine, except when I want to export recorded footage to AVI or MOV files, the video is blank when i try to watch it. However, it *WILL* work if I export to a .exe file. Ever seen that before? I was using h.264, and last night i switched it to jpeg to see if that makes any difference. I am going to try exporting again tonight to see if that changes anything. But even if it does, i kind of wanted to use h.264 for bandwidth purposes, since I stream a lot of live video to my iOS devices, and watch the cameras via client software from work. I will note though, that I can export to AVI and MOV files just fine from video recorded on my analog cameras through the AXIS 241Q encoder. Its just the IP camera footage that wont work.

2) I bought 2 exacq licenses, then a few weeks later they announced Start and Pro versions. Is my version now obsolete? Can I have licenses that are mixed-and-matched? In otherwords, can I buy a Start license now that will work with my other two licenses that costed way more? Also, what would I lose in capability by going with Start licenses over my current ones? And is the Pro version just a re-name of the version I have, or does it add more functionality?

3) I have notifications set up to email me on video loss in exacq. I have an issue ONLY with the IP camera, in that whenever it switches to night mode, or back to day mode, I get an email for video loss. This doesnt happen when my analog cameras hooked up to the AXIS encoder switch between day and night mode.

I'm hoping these issues wont continue to be a problem with new IP cameras I purchase, and even hoping that there's an easy fix for them and they won't continue to be a problem.

Sorry for all of the questions... But thanks for your help and support. " title="Applause" />

Excellent!

I have a few concerns that I am hoping you can sort out:

1) In exacqvision, with my Vivotek FD8161, it seems to work fine, except when I want to export recorded footage to AVI or MOV files, the video is blank when i try to watch it. However, it *WILL* work if I export to a .exe file. Ever seen that before? I was using h.264, and last night i switched it to jpeg to see if that makes any difference. I am going to try exporting again tonight to see if that changes anything. But even if it does, i kind of wanted to use h.264 for bandwidth purposes, since I stream a lot of live video to my iOS devices, and watch the cameras via client software from work. I will note though, that I can export to AVI and MOV files just fine from video recorded on my analog cameras through the AXIS 241Q encoder. Its just the IP camera footage that wont work.

Not sure I always export in .exe and I haven't used Vivotek with them.

2) I bought 2 exacq licenses, then a few weeks later they announced Start and Pro versions. Is my version now obsolete? Can I have licenses that are mixed-and-matched? In otherwords, can I buy a Start license now that will work with my other two licenses that costed way more? Also, what would I lose in capability by going with Start licenses over my current ones? And is the Pro version just a re-name of the version I have, or does it add more functionality?

Start will only work on Exacqs hardware. You will be using PRO with your licenses.

3) I have notifications set up to email me on video loss in exacq. I have an issue ONLY with the IP camera, in that whenever it switches to night mode, or back to day mode, I get an email for video loss. This doesnt happen when my analog cameras hooked up to the AXIS encoder switch between day and night mode.

Could be a issue with Exacq.

I'm hoping these issues wont continue to be a problem with new IP cameras I purchase, and even hoping that there's an easy fix for them and they won't continue to be a problem.

Sorry for all of the questions... But thanks for your help and support. " title="Applause" />

What do you mean that Start will only work with Exacq Hardware ?

Right now you can only buy Exacq Start on Exacq hardware. You can not the buy licenses and install them on COTs.

Edited by Guest

I think they just updated the site again.

exacqVision Start VMS Software

Part Number Description

START-01 exacqVision Start software - single IP camera license

START-04 exacqVision Start software - 4-pack Start licenses

START-08 exacqVision Start software - 8-pack Start licenses

START-16 exacqVision Start software - 16-pack Start licenses

SSA-START-01 One Year Start Software Upgrades

START-PRO Upgrade Upgrade exacqVision Start license to eaxcqVision Pro license

I think we can purchase the licenses now.

Btw, how much is a :

0800-24-START-2000-ELSR EL-SR 8-channel Hybrid Appliance with exacqVision Start - 2000 GB

I'm thinking of getting that rather than spending money on an Axis 241Q which only outputs 5fps at full D1 while this Hybrid outputs 30FPS at full D1. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Cheers

Nycky

I think they just updated the site again.

exacqVision Start VMS Software

Part Number Description

START-01 exacqVision Start software - single IP camera license

START-04 exacqVision Start software - 4-pack Start licenses

START-08 exacqVision Start software - 8-pack Start licenses

START-16 exacqVision Start software - 16-pack Start licenses

SSA-START-01 One Year Start Software Upgrades

START-PRO Upgrade Upgrade exacqVision Start license to eaxcqVision Pro license

I think we can purchase the licenses now.

Btw, how much is a :

0800-24-START-2000-ELSR EL-SR 8-channel Hybrid Appliance with exacqVision Start - 2000 GB

I'm thinking of getting that rather than spending money on an Axis 241Q which only outputs 5fps at full D1 while this Hybrid outputs 30FPS at full D1. Correct me if i'm wrong.

Cheers

Nycky

I was told directly from Exacq that they will not run on COTs. Remember there NVRs do not come with IP camera licenses they are extra.

Oh, if that's the case, guess i'll still be better off with COTS together with the Pro License.

Thanks !

Not that it's a big deal, but I was just wondering... Does Avigilon's remote focus/zoom work within the Exacq VMS, or do you need to login directly to the camera via web interface to do that?

Not that it's a big deal, but I was just wondering... Does Avigilon's remote focus/zoom work within the Exacq VMS, or do you need to login directly to the camera via web interface to do that?

With Avigilon Client you do not ever need to log in to camera web gui

Exacq can not control Zoom and focus

you have to log in to cam Web Gui

after playing and installing Avigilon

Exacq feel like "day care center" Apps

after playing and installing Avigilon

Exacq feel like "day care center" Apps

I do like Avigilon's control center, and did seriously consider it, but I just use the Exacq iOS app WAY too often to want to give that up. If Avigilon were to release an iOS app before I purchase anymore Exacq licenses, I may re-consider it I think TheWireGuys told me on the phone once that Avigilon *is* planning to release an iOS app, but who knows if that will happen in 1 month or 12 months... (does anybody have any scoop on that?)

Having said that, I still think Exacq is a very decent, respectible VMS. In fact, I love Eaxcq, and don't regret it at all. I have no problems with it, but then again, I am not using it for a large-scale enterprise application either, so other peoples mileage may vary

I do like Avigilon's control center, and did seriously consider it, but I just use the Exacq iOS app WAY too often to want to give that up. If Avigilon were to release an iOS app before I purchase anymore Exacq licenses, I may re-consider it I think TheWireGuys told me on the phone once that Avigilon *is* planning to release an iOS app, but who knows if that will happen in 1 month or 12 months... (does anybody have any scoop on that?)

Installers on this forum claim they never get any requests for iPhone/iPad access. Based on that sample, Avigilon is probably getting the same feedback from other installers, in which case, iOS is probably on the back burner. I think the Exacq iOS app is quite useful, and is one of the compelling reasons I remain with Exacq. Two other reasons are 1) SMTP implementation (Exacq has the best email support in the industry), and 2) Exacq bundles scheduling with their standard product, whereas Avigilon requires an enterprise license.

Best,

Christopher

Aviglon's Ipad/Iphone support will be in the new build which will be released next month.

Since both of you use Exacq do me a favor and pull power on your NVRs and plug them back in. Report back how long it takes for Exacq to autoreconnect to your cameras.