Since both of you use Exacq do me a favor and pull power on your NVRs and plug them back in. Report back how long it takes for Exacq to autoreconnect to your cameras.

already found that out the first day i had it, when i kept unplugging my IP camera while mounting it and playing around with it. From my experience it is more than 60 seconds, but less than 5 minutes. That does seem too long, but then again, I never pull the power. And I have 3 battery backups in my system, and probably only have about 2 power outtages per year at my house, so it doesnt bother me *that* much for my application.

But yea, Exacq, if you're listening, that could definitely be improved

Aviglon's Ipad/Iphone support will be in the new build which will be released next month.

I cant wait to see it.

I just thought of something else -- I don't think Avigilon supports the new Vivotek FD8161 that I just bought I hope I am wrong, or if I'm not, that that will change in the near future.

Since both of you use Exacq do me a favor and pull power on your NVRs and plug them back in. Report back how long it takes for Exacq to autoreconnect to your cameras.

Just curious, why do you ask?

Best,

Christopher

I do like Avigilon's control center, and did seriously consider it, but I just use the Exacq iOS app WAY too often to want to give that up. If Avigilon were to release an iOS app before I purchase anymore Exacq licenses, I may re-consider it I think TheWireGuys told me on the phone once that Avigilon *is* planning to release an iOS app, but who knows if that will happen in 1 month or 12 months... (does anybody have any scoop on that?)

We all been told June this year

lots of new product and soft updates

Best,

Christopher

Try it first and then I will tell you

Best,

Christopher

Because depend on Cam Manufacture

Exacq do not reconnect !

Exacq do not reconnect !

Mine all reconnect, but I only have a couple of manufacturers (Axis cameras, Axis video encoders, and Panasonic camera).

Best,

Christopher

Exacq do not reconnect !

Mine all reconnect, but I only have a couple of manufacturers (Axis cameras, Axis video encoders, and Panasonic camera).

Best,

Christopher

How long did it take to auto reconnect?

From the time it started the reboot to the time I could see the cameras on a remote computer was about 12 seconds.

Best,

Christopher

From the time it started the reboot to the time I could see the cameras on a remote computer was about 12 seconds.

Best,

Christopher

Wow. You're in better shape than the rest of us, apparently.

I tried it several more times. The system reboots in about 8 seconds, and the cameras "may" reconnect in about that period, but the reconnection may also hang. Seems to be random. I unchecked then rechecked each camera, and they all reconnected. Apparently, there is a problem. I'm still using Exacq 4.5 on Ubuntu 10. Have not upgraded to Exacq 4.6 or Ubuntu 11 yet.

Best,

Christopher

Mine reconnect, they just take a while. Try unplugging an IP camera from the switch, and then plugging it back in. Mine take up to 5 minutes to re-connect to Exacq. Sometimes its as quick as a minute or two, though.

Is this what you were talking about, Mike? Or are you finding that sometimes they dont reconnect at all?

I tried it several more times. The system reboots in about 8 seconds, and the cameras "may" reconnect in about that period, but the reconnection may also hang. Seems to be random. I unchecked then rechecked each camera, and they all reconnected

Best,

Christopher

That what we are talking about

imagine commercial installation with 30 cams

and camera dropping randomly as they wish

Exacq agree and extend lic for one more year

but in mean time I am considering to change whole system to Avigilon

Mine take up to 5 minutes to re-connect to Exacq.

It's possible mine may have reconnected in 5 minutes. I didn't wait that long. I unchecked and rechecked each camera and they reconnected instantly. On the first reboot, they all reconnected instantly. On the next two reboots, they did not. Only tested it three times.

Best,

Christopher

Mine take up to 5 minutes to re-connect to Exacq.

It's possible mine may have reconnected in 5 minutes. I didn't wait that long. I unchecked and rechecked each camera and they reconnected instantly. On the first reboot, they all reconnected instantly. On the next two reboots, they did not. Only tested it three times.

Best,

Christopher

Yup this exactly what I am talking about and it is a BIG problem. I had one job where the only way I could get the cameras to reconnect was to completely remove the cameras from the server and then reset them up. Which when you do this you loss ALL video.

That what we are talking about

imagine commercial installation with 30 cams

Yes, they certainly need to fix this. That said, I can't remember the last time my equipment lost power other than scheduled UPS maintenance. I think it was during the Enron scam. But you are right; they need to fix this.

Best,

Christopher

I had one job where the only way I could get the cameras to reconnect was to completely remove the cameras from the server and then reset them up. Which when you do this you loss ALL video.

Yikes. I definitely havent had to do that yet, and hope I never do.

I reboot my server about once a week. Usually every weekend while I am at home I will install all my Windows updates and then reboot the server. Aside from taking a couple of minutes to reconnect, I havent had any issues with "connections".

Exacq autoreconnects every 5 minutes. If it can't connect to a camera in the first 10 seconds it waits 5 minutes by default. You can now change this value in 4.6 under System Setup > Network.

Exacq autoreconnects every 5 minutes. If it can't connect to a camera in the first 10 seconds it waits 5 minutes by default. You can now change this value in 4.6 under System Setup > Network.

Chad understood and I will look into it but I think Exacq reconnects better to some manufactures then others.

Chad understood and I will look into it but I think Exacq reconnects better to some manufactures then others.

You're right about that. This is because Exacq has different plugins written for each manufacturer. I'll try to get you a more complete answer than that.

Ok, so I did get a better answer from the devs and did a little testing of my own.

With different camera manufacturers, we have to request settings differently. Some camera makes require that every "call" for settings is sent individually, while other manufacturers can send all settings in one call. This is what makes the difference between a 3 second connection and a 1 minute connection.

If you must definitely have a fast initial connect time, you could speed this up a lot by giving the camera a view only username and password. the downside to this is you won't be able to change any camera settings in exacq, but it will connect fast. Tested this with an IQ511

Hope this helps

Ok, so I did get a better answer from the devs and did a little testing of my own.

With different camera manufacturers, we have to request settings differently. Some camera makes require that every "call" for settings is sent individually, while other manufacturers can send all settings in one call. This is what makes the difference between a 3 second connection and a 1 minute connection.

If you must definitely have a fast initial connect time, you could speed this up a lot by giving the camera a view only username and password. the downside to this is you won't be able to change any camera settings in exacq, but it will connect fast. Tested this with an IQ511

Hope this helps

What about Sanyo?

Hope this helps

Chad thanks for the info but but explain to me why when I switch VMS software the on the same server with the same network and cameras the VMS connects instantly?

Any updates on this topic 3 years later? I'm consdiering either one of these products for an 8 camera residential system. What is the ballpark pricing at this point?