cglaeser

Avigilon on Atom Server

Once I get them in place, no problem. Currently snowing here, and have had a busy couple of weekends trying to find a car to buy for the wife so other than the server, not a lot else is set up. Currently just have the 2mp internal dome pointing out through a window so I can keep an eye on the snow

Kool, finally someone that is not afraid

If you want to review JPEG2000 video, you need to install the ACC player. If the video is exported to YouTube, you will not be able to adequately review the detail. If you don't install the ACC player, that means you are feigning interest.

Best,

Christopher

Edit: changed "client" to "player"

Edited by Guest

If you want to review JPEG2000 video, you need to install the ACC client. If the video is exported to YouTube, you will not be able to adequately review the detail. If you don't install the ACC client, that means you are feigning interest.

Best,

Christopher

ACC Player.

You can get sample footage from the Avigilon website to use in the player. Thats what I used in conjunction with the "Avigilon University End User Videos" to see how the system worked from an end user point of view. There are other manuals and support docs available that I used to read how to install and setup the system, but to be fair that was just as expected and fairly straight forward.

ak357 call the VP of Avigilon. You need to be paid commission for giving them so much advertisement for free.

To Rory

Avigilon not Avilone

ak357 call the VP of Avigilon. You need to be paid commission for giving them so much advertisement for free.

To Rory

Avigilon not Avilone

Yep,all of us doing good job so far

Even the end customer

Would be nice to have autofocus and zoom on the 5mp domes though. Hopefully on the next revision

I guess they are working on it

This should conclude our marketing and advertising session for today ( getting late )

Thank you all participants

job well done

see you until next time

p.s.

Special Thx to Rory

for his signature

You can get sample footage from the Avigilon website to use in the player. Thats what I used in conjunction with the "Avigilon University End User Videos" to see how the system worked from an end user point of view. There are other manuals and support docs available that I used to read how to install and setup the system, but to be fair that was just as expected and fairly straight forward.

Thanks, I dont want the same old couple samples that are all over the Internet, I want some real world footage, like we do with every other camera on the planet including $25 cameras

And with a model like this, somehow manage to still be attractive without publishing their MSRPs. Imagine that.

Indeed they are. They are very successful in the high end and corporate size installation market that they have so far made good roads into

All I am suggesting is that the small business and domestic sector (which the core product seems to be heading toward) is not a sector that readily accepts the model used. Most small businesses and domestic buyers would wish to test any quotes or prices either online or over the phone with another provider before proceeding.

Not everyone cares about catering to EVERY market segment out there. Catering to the lower common denominator means competing against every piece of cheap junk that China floods the market with. It means having to support noobs and wannabes who think they can just slap together a system of high-end, high-traffic gear without knowing what they're doing. It means a lot of extra headache dealing with people who want to nickle-and-dime you to death at every turn.

With few exceptions, we stopped selling and installing for "mom and pop" operations years ago - these are the jobs where they always want the cheapest deal, need their hands held on a constant basis, always want everything fixed "under warranty" (yeah, your system we installed six years ago was just blown up by a lightning strike... I don't think so), and generally just are not worth the low margins for the amount of time expended. We have enough big clients to keep us busy enough that we don't have to cater to the lowest common denominator on a regular basis. Works for us.

3xLogic follows a similar model - works for them. Seems to be working for Avigilon too.

I want some real world footage, like we do with every other camera on the planet including $25 cameras

OK, here is a $30 analog on an Avigilon JPEG2000 video encoder. Can you view this video?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27718485/rory.ave

Best,

Christopher

Thanks, can you upload to youtube?

Or maybe upload an AVI?

thanks.

Thanks, can you upload to youtube?

Or maybe upload an AVI?

thanks.

No. One of the compelling features of Avigilon is JPEG2000. You can not review the full bit depth of JPEG2000 on Youtube. The Aviligon client can output various video formats, but what's the point? The bit depth would be crushed to look like any other camera. You need to install the Avigilon player. It will take a couple minutes effort. Let me know when you have it installed. You keep requesting Avigilon video, but members are not going to upload high-resolution, high-contrast compelling examples if you can't view it. The .ave file I uploaded is junk from a $30 camera; it's a test to see if you can manage to install the player.

Best,

Christopher

Thanks for your efforts but I am not about to spend time installing a 3rd party player for that - I am the potential client. I dont need to see every pixel, just get a general idea, and also the low lighting abilities. Why do you think we even use Youtube at all to demo video to clients, sure its not full quality but it is quick and the user doesnt have to install anything (could optionally use divx though for HD) - I have little patience, its gotta be quick to view or I dont even give it a 2nd thought, the same goes for my clients - our time is money too.

So... they post a sample to YouTube, you complain about the quality and it's not a valid comparison. You insist on a real, unaltered clip, so they provide it... and you won't install the player to view it. You're obviously not interested in actually seeing the results, you're just trolling.

So... they post a sample to YouTube, you complain about the quality and it's not a valid comparison. You insist on a real, unaltered clip, so they provide it... and you won't install the player to view it. You're obviously not interested in actually seeing the results, you're just trolling.

You obviously have nothing better to do but post a ridiculous reply to a valid post.

If anyone is trolling, it is obviously YOU.

So... they post a sample to YouTube, you complain about the quality and it's not a valid comparison.

When did "they" do this?? Link?

It's interesting apparently the Avigilon software adjusts the brightness. Axis in the latest ACS also has a thing called "image enhancement" which also can make it brighter. It does show up artifacts, but is useful in trying to pick something out of darkness.

Nobody else is willing to step up the plate.

Hmm, I posted few times before

I found one daytime pic, any night shots? IPVM has some examples but most people probably do not subscribe to that.

Hey Mike why don't you upload a 16MP sample to youtube. " title="Applause" />

Didn't know youtube can play 16MP video? Maybe Rory can enlighten us and show us how to post 16MP video at full res on the youtube.

I have plenty of video from 5mp Avigilon cameras. But I really don't want to loose my job from posting video in a public forum that the wrong person happens to see. HIPPA regulations you know.

Plus my personal video from my house always has my truck out front and I don't want the entire world knowing where I work.