Firefighter

Designing system for my home. ( Looking for help etc... )

Careful painting the housing black, during the summer it could make it devastatingly hot inside.

Only if it's in direct sunlight.

I might paint it flat black to help prevent my historical society from saying it looks "out of place" but we'll see.

So much brick there... use a brick-colored paint, like this: http://www.rustoleum.ca/CBGProduct.asp?pid=104

Lots of tips online on creating textured finishes, too... just make it look like another brick hanging off the side of the house

If it's in #1 it'll be in the sun, and near the trim which is white. So it might blend in. We'll see.

If it's #2 it'll be shade, and won't matter either way.

Ok, So I'm going to make the review videos Monday/tuesday and Im going to play with it

a lil bit today to make sure I know the settings and what not. So Screen Shot/Video will be this week.

As far as additional cameras go,

I have the Main box

But I want some additional. So, Intr are most critical to start with, Correct.

So, I need to purchase some Domes for the intr.

Since their intr, and not covering a large area ensuring I have 700tvl isn't as important, so I could get 650 or 600 tvl right?

Gadspot has 650tvl 1/4" with 4.8mm for $39.99 and1/3" 3.6mm for $45.....

so for Intr cameras, I think they would be great. Please correct me if I'm wrong!

I can't find a better price anywhere either. And their only covering entry ways or for instance, the living room will cover the door and windows

so it will be in the corner of the room.

I'm still searching to make sure there isn't a better deal than the 650tvl for $45 But don't think I'm going to find any.

Anyone else know of any before I purchase?

I'm not trying to be cheap, But if I can save $10 on each camera (dome 650tvl) then thats more for better cams elseware

Stop worrying about TVL, there's far more to cameras than TVL... even IF you assume that the TVL numbers are accurate.

You get what you pay for in this industry, and a $45 camera is going to give a $45 camera's worth of quality.

Stop worrying about TVL, there's far more to cameras than TVL... even IF you assume that the TVL numbers are accurate.

You get what you pay for in this industry, and a $45 camera is going to give a $45 camera's worth of quality.

Agreed. I used a 700TVL $60 KT&C Mini dome ..

Sent them all back ... replacing with the CNB DFL/DJL-20s.

The KT&C $60 dome may have the pixels as it claims, but the rest of it was crap and full of noise in ANY kind of low light even shade indoors (eg. areas which were not 100% full light), and it was nothing close to even their 700TVL 2.8-12mm Sony Effio $120 dome which although is a digital day night has little to no noise and all the OSD features of the Sony Effio.

Having used the CNBs I dont even care if they are really 600TVL or 480TVL, the fact is they work for < $50 and are a better image than the 420TVL Color IR Turret domes, and the KT&C $60 700 TVL dome.

We get what we pay for .. none of this is exactly Panasonic either

I understand the tvl isn't all there is. I was also looking at sensor size, S/N ratio etc... Yes, I'm not purchasing True Quality cameras.

And yes I know you truelly get what you pay for in cctv. being a penny pincher is in my blood so i'm sorry.

I figured since these were just indoor watching a small area it wasn't a huge deal.

I'll keep looking around a lil bit more, Hope any questions/concerns can still be answered despite me beating a dead horse.

Thanks guys.

Gadspot has 650tvl 1/4" with 4.8mm for $39.99 and1/3" 3.6mm for $45.....

so for Intr cameras, I think they would be great. Please correct me if I'm wrong!

Try the GS4030SM. It's a smart IR TDN cam and at 60 bucks it's still a bargin. Smart IR will serve you well in tight enclosed spaces where without it, peoples faces would be really whited out. It'd probably do very well indoors or out. I don't have this one in line, but I have other gads.

This one is a 60 dollar camera from them I have in line. Cheap? You bet. Bad? I think not. Not all good deals equal crap, but I can only speak for gads cause I have them. YMMV.

Cmas2-1.jpg

danFDnight1-1.jpg

danatdoornight1-1.jpg

ok thx, I have a mix of lighting so that would be important. flood lights, motion lights, two street lights

not including the,cameras ir

would wdr not be close to the same thing?

Gadspot has 650tvl 1/4" with 4.8mm for $39.99

Stay away from 1/4" if you can. Its not really for anything else but the FOV. Take that 4.8mm 1/4", thats more like a 6mm 1/3". Your FOV is very small, fine for some apps, but doubt its what you want to see.

Also in the case of a $50 Color IR camera, forget TVL totally, its just a budget camera.

Sure it may be better than a $20 camera .. but not by much.

Not all cameras are made the same, even from the same brand while there could be a few good cameras, there can also be dozens of crappy cameras. No way to know without actually testing it, specs mean little to nothing these days.

You wont find a TRUE WDR camera for under $150.

ok thx, I have a mix of lighting so that would be important. flood lights, motion lights, two street lights

not including the,cameras ir

That's a lot of light... with any decent camera, you shouldn't need IR at all.

Examples, with street lights only: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=25383&start=59

Only issue is if my flood lights not on then the light only provides a shadow on anyome co,img towards the light since the lights obv. at the street. So id still light ir. Hell, maybe ill

get rid of my flood lights and use ir simce they should consume less power..

But yea I knew the dwdr is digital so not true wdr.

Yeah I guess I should stop being such a cheap ass, and shell the extra 20 or 30 out.

Were going to use them outside as overview for a lil while then when we can afford real good ones for

outside

we will move these domes inside. I domt rly need footage of someone coming through the door fro, the inside as long as I have them walking from the street and into the house from one outside.

plus id rather be able to overview the yard and house edges from my tv before the inside of my house.

because if im here I will here them coming in, if not me.. My Dog will, and ill be locked and loaded waiting.

so for niw these will be extr overviews for now.

I thought it was enough too but my old cameras would switch to ir auto before it even got dark.

If you want cheap TRUE WDR, CNB is one of the best for the cheapest True WDR.

I use their indoor blue-i for WDR on front doors, as the cheap option to Panasonic.

This would be the double scan models.

BTW most manufacturers will tell you their Digital WDR is not all that, just a little better than nothing, but nothing compared to True WDR. At least the manufacturer Techs tell me .. sales and marketting may say something else

Hell, maybe ill get rid of my flood lights and use ir simce they should consume less power..

I wouldn't ditch exterior lighting. Exterior lighting= good.

Far as WDR, this same front door cam I use has it- in this camera it's just auto, always on. Whether it's real, fake, or whatever, it does do a good job on bright days when people at are my door which has a roof overhang, making it darker in the foreground. On real sunny days when the range is extreme, it still does very well. And I just noticed, this cam picks up the scar on my left arm. Well I'll be- damn good. This was a cheap 60 dollar camera but it still kicks arse. I don't think they carry this particular one any longer though.

167739_2.jpg

Yeah, I watched the videos of your cameras in your sig. Looks good,

def need some form of "Smart IR" or whatever it is. Because My flood lights keep the porch real bright, and the yard just enough to be able to see. So when on the porch someones face is just pure white and lit up too bright. But, I know alot of that was because of the Cheap cameras I had before.

I'm at work today, 24hr shift. So tomm I'll start doing the install and playing with the stuff I

just bought.

Gadspot will prolly be the cameras I install for now so we'll see. I'm going to purchase a few today.

hi. the problem with gadspot is the washout or colour and if you are using flood lights then i would move away from IR and use a TDN camera.

you was looking for a good replacement dvr to start ..... and it will only be good if you use good cameras.

The front door cam in my vids is a qsee, which has been replaced by the gadspot I'm referencing above.

The problem with blasting light is this, a pic from another very good camera at work-

nightexteriorlighton2-1.jpg

The only fix I know of for that is to adjust the light fixture itself- either the bulb wattage/type, aiming away from direct face on, or moving the fixture itself altogether. Better to do that than expect any camera to deal with too bright light in the face.

Yeah, The ones I have in the front are Florescent floods so their not too bad.

I have one motion in front of the carport. But, I won't have cameras that will be bothered by that

so I guess we'll see.

ok, Looking at Gad spot. I have a few options.

Note: I notice they use a different version if LED. Guessing it's a better version....

182425_1.jpg

GS4030SM - 650 tvl $60

1/3" Exview WDS

3.5~8 mm Varifocal

S/N Ratio > 50dB

GS830SM - 700 tvl $95

Sony 1/3" EXview HAD II CCD

4~9 mm Varifocal

S/N Ratio > 52dB

osd menu etc....

Then, The Bullet versions. Which, have slightly better specs vs the Domes. For the same price...

182425_2.jpg

GS831SM - 750 TVL $95

750TVL High Resolution Day & Night w/ IR cut filter (removal) and Smart Light Control CCTV Camera

Effio platform 750 TV Line

Sony 1/3" EXview HAD II CCD

Lens: 3.5~8mm Varifocal, Million Pixs Auto Iris Lens

OSD Menu for camera parameters

Built-in powerful IR LED illuminator

Min illumination: 0 Lux (with IR-LED on)

True Day/Night feature with IR cut removable module

Capture images from vehicles traveling at speeds up to 30 mph (50 kph)

Weatherproof (IP66 standard)

S/N Ratio 52db

GS4031SM 650 tvl $60

650TVL High Resolution Day & Night w/ IR cut filter (removal) CCTV Camera

650 TVL 1/3" Exview WDS High Res. CCTV Camera

3.5~8mm Varifocal Lens

Built-in powerful IR LED illuminator

True Day/Night feature with IR cut removable module

Weatherproof (IP66 standard)

Those are the 4 Smart IR cameras Gadspot offers.

I don't see anything saying they have 2 or 3 dnr. :shrugs:

I kinda want the 3.5 lens over the 4. BUT, the 4 just has so much better specs

compared to the 3.5 if I'm reading it correctly. between S/N ratio, sensor type and size etc...

750 TVL
700 tvl

please dont get drawn in by TVL this is the mistake most people make. if you are using external lighting then your TVL means nothing at night.

You guys realize gad spot is just a whole bunch of different cameras from different manufacturers right?

From their website-

Why buy video surveillance cameras and security camera systems from Gadspot versus others?

Unlike other resellers, Gadspot fabricates and manufactures all their cameras for their security camera systems. This factory direct model cuts out the middleman, eliminating the mark up involved. Buyers can easily save 60% to 75% by purchasing a security camera system from Gadspot. Gadspot is also able to accept large quantity orders and fabricate security camera systems for installers and businesses.

True? Not true? Beats me really. I don't mean to push any one place. I just have some of their cameras so I can at least say a little something about them, that's all. Product choice is a personal decision in the end and like I always say about anything- YMMV [your mileage may vary].

please dont get drawn in by TVL this is the mistake most people make. if you are using external lighting then your TVL means nothing at night.

In this particular case the high TVL coincidentally comes with the rest of the camera specs- one being smart IR's. That's all. If their 520's had smart IR and TDN, I'd surely jump on them at an even cheaper cost, but they don't.

FF- if you pick up any of these smart IR's, let us know how they're working for you. I know I'll be grabbing a few shortly myself.

Dan

True? Not true? Beats me really. I don't mean to push any one place. I just have some of their cameras so I can at least say a little something about them, that's all. Product choice is a personal decision in the end and like I always say about anything- YMMV [your mileage may vary].

Every American company says that. Fact is nothing much is made in the US anymore, even i-phones are made in China. Cheaper labor.