Firefighter

Designing system for my home. ( Looking for help etc... )

Awesome pic! Great video too!

Tho, Mine looks nothing like the pdf you linked me.

Thats because you are just doing it a different way.

The only way I can back up, is while in search mode, in the bottom right theres a time.

Definetely not the only way. There are a few different ways to backup video, and the way you did it was just fine. However, if you ever need to backup large amounts of video, its recommended to do it the way that the guide that I linked shows.

Alright, my unboxing videos will be uploaded tonight,

But I gotta purchase a few cameras. Last night my 10 month old dog whos NEVER "protected" us, doesnt bark, doesnt growl etc...

at 4:20am he went nuts, barking and Deep Growling down the hallway towards the basement door.

So I grabbed my gun and a light, and cleared the inside of the home. layed back down and it sounded like someone tried opening a window

so i had to go out and clear the outside.

Needless to say, I gotta purchase a few decent cameras, and a few rly cheap ones for the sole purpose of "Is there someone there"

A few $20 420tvl will be enough for like one in the basement to simply tell me, Door open/close or did someone walk by.

But I'm gonna go ahead and purchase a 3 Gadspots, which will later be moved inside once I grab some even better cams for outside.

Question: How far can I run a say the box camera I have and it still be good. 150 ft????

If I can purchase a couple and put them say, one on the carport it would cover the entire back of the house

and I wouldn't need 3 for the back which if mounted on the house I do because of its shape

You can generally run a few hundred feet over RG-59 coax... up to 1000' or more with passive baluns over UTP. Type of camera doesn't matter.

I have seven q-see 420 tvls. I'll sell you how ever many you want for 25 bucks a pop plus shipping, no problem. I don't use them and they're just sitting doing nothing. PM me if you want.

Dan

Link to those cameras specs?

I was just thinking about these cheap ass ones

1/3" Cmos, 30 LED, and only $16 SHIPPED

http://www.ebay.com/itm/420TVL-CMOS-CCTV-Video-Security-Camera-NTSC-30-LED-/280704159649?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item415b458fa1

Or, 1/3 CCD Sony 36led for $22 Shipped or best offer

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-3-Sony-Color-CCTV-36-LEDS-IR-CCD-Camera-3-6mm-420TVL-/280836940719?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item41632fa3af

S/N ratio .48

lux .1

I'm going to offer $15 on the above to purchase 4 of em.

But I could also grab some cheap ass 600tvl for $35 that are 1/3 cmos

Note: YES I know tvl isn't worth much but I'm buying cheap ass cameras for the sole purpose of "Is there someone there?"

So they will work just fine untill I upgrade.

Anyway, Link me to the specs of your Qsee and I'll let you know.

Thanks, also thanks on the info about running rg59. That def sounds like a plan because I'll be able to

run one or two out past the house and point em towards the house getting good coverage

I know you need cheap in a hurry, but those ebay cams. Ummmmm

The cameras I have are featured both day and night in my signature link vids- the one on my front door at that time. It has since been replaced. It's also featured in more than one position in my video review of the qsee package I got. Look for that video on my same youtube channel. I gave the camera more credit than it deserved at the time. LOL! But they did do well for me at the time, before upgrading all my cameras. And I think they'll actually last better than that ebay crap because bottom line, the bullet shell is more hardy and will hold up much better. Take 'em, leave 'em. I'm not pushing a sale. It's just they are sitting doing nothing. Better if they can be put to use is all.

Spec wise- 400 tlv cmos 1/3" with I believe 27 leds for IR. These are discontinued qsee cameras. They only offer CCD cams now.

184325_1.jpg

Oh I actually found it on amazon- the pics are mine-

http://www.amazon.com/Peripheral-Solutions-QSM1424W-Q-See-Security/dp/B003YGME6A/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1330914688&sr=1-1-catcorr

I'll pass, I'm looking at the Gadspots, and I see a few things.

The Smart IR, thats a good feature, But the higher ends don't have Smart IR, they do have an OSD menu though.

So it's... Smart IR or No Smart IR but OSD menu....

Well, great pictures can come from many different cameras. No one camera stands alone.

The Smart IR, thats a good feature, But the higher ends don't have Smart IR, they do have an OSD menu though.

So it's... Smart IR or No Smart IR but OSD menu....

The GS830SM is probably the one you'd want. It has it all and I'd think it's very much worth the bucks. If you score one, please let us see how it performs. Good luck.

Dan

Btw- in the cheaper 50 buck category, I'd try the GS907CM. All nice specs, but no OSD. In the cheaper range, you're not gonna get those controls. But with TDN and smart IR, I'd say that's a winner for your 'must have now on the cheap'.

Ok thanks, Since they will become indoor cameras I think the smart ir is more important than the osd menu.

So if someone comes into the house in the dark, trying to get a good description/facial is most important(if their not wearing masks)

So, the GS4030SM is the smart ir $60 with no osd

but the GS839SM is the smart ir with osd menu for an extra $40. Which, is almost a camera...

I did watch your videos many many times. Nice setup.

I'm going to try and make a desicion tonight. Although, I talked to gadspot and they were suppose to demo a few cameras for me.

Maybe they'll get to it tomm. ( Demo meaning hook up 3 cameras on their live network so I can see how they look. )

Not gonna lie, I did grab 4 from ebay after offering a seller a cheaper price. I'm not expecting anything nice,

Itll be nice to have anyway to add in my videos as comparison views of why theirs a difference.

Like I said, Their simply "did someone open and walk through that door"

though they should be atleast what my blackbox cameras were. Which if so, will be fine.

PHEW! Got the unboxing video editing done. It's rendering right now in 1080P and has about 20 minutes.... and thats with a custom 8 core computer!

Anyway, I'll be linking that video asap!

Haha no, Been full time 2.5 years, vol. 5. Im 23, bought my first home at 22, drive an audi and im engaged. My priorities arent in parties or drinking etc... lol Im an old young guy.

Well, I know the threads gone down hill.

But 4 600 tvl, 1/3" CCD, 48 DB S/N Ratio, 24LED IR Domes just arrived.

I'll hook em up and get some screen shots....

Well, I know the threads gone down hill.

But 4 600 tvl, 1/3" CCD, 48 DB S/N Ratio, 24LED IR Domes just arrived.

I'll hook em up and get some screen shots....

What kind are these? Just curious..

No name. Just for knowing if someone walked through the basement door and stuff.

I'm ordering Gadspot cameras next week when I get paid.

Which model? I think I know of something better...

No name. Just for knowing if someone walked through the basement door and stuff.

I'm ordering Gadspot cameras next week when I get paid.

Got your pm.

I was looking at a few different gadspots.

I like their 700 tvl smart ir with osd menu.

I havnt bought any of them yet...

Thanks, I was just very ancy because I sold my old system and realized I better quickly purchase something. I feel so unprotected

for some reason not having cctv again.

I assume there were extenuating circumstances that forced you to sell your old system before you were ready to install your new one?

Thanks, I was just very ancy because I sold my old system and realized I better quickly purchase something. I feel so unprotected

for some reason not having cctv again.

I assume there were extenuating circumstances that forced you to sell your old system before you were ready to install your new one?

He needed the money from the sale to buy the new gear

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=28903