Firefighter

Designing system for my home. ( Looking for help etc... )

yes there little domes only 540 tvl but beats anything on the market in analog..... but comes at a price.

auto focus 3.8 to 45mm lens (which you dont find on anyother dome)

i sent details to Sean last week

I dont see anything on Tamron's site except lenses?

is this something new?

yes there new ...... there a bit late in joining the camera game but what they have makes up for it.

182633_1.jpg

182633_2.jpg

182633_3.jpg

NICE!!! I'm putting some on my house! Does this capture IP Megapixel video quality?

If we're gonna start talking about serious quality, look no further than this. Get a few of these and you're all set.

V203Ias9Bv8

That camera needs to make up its mind! "Leave the room!" "No Sudden movements!" "Don't do anything" "Do everything"

lol, Well about to start messing with my security stuff. I'll have pics in a minute.

Ok guys, Here are some photo's of what I got in the Mail from Nelly's! Thanks Nelly's!

I decided to get a good dvr, good camera and acc wiring and lenses.

Since I saved a couple hundred because his dvr was cheaper, I bought the extra stuff. Plus, I figured I should have atleast one quality

camera that you guys keep telling me to get. Rly though, I'm excited to get to this stuff and start messing/installing it!

I took all these with my Canon 5DC and 85 f/1.8 lens.

182763_1.jpg

182763_2.jpg

182763_3.jpg

182763_4.jpg

182763_5.jpg

182763_6.jpg

Same lens, Just two photos in one. It's a 5mm-100mm

182763_7.jpg

2.8mm lens

182763_8.jpg

4mm lens

182763_9.jpg

Gvis Apallo HD 16CH D1 @7fps all on 16ch.

182763_10.jpg

182763_11.jpg

I also bought a Barracuda 1TB Hard Drive from BestBuy!

Yup!

Well. I did the Unboxing video, and I'm going to start playing with it today!

I've just been so busy. But todays a nice sunny day out so I'm looking forward to this!

Just had to say, beautiful images out of your camera!

Can't wait to see more, sounds like you are going down the same path I did with my home and cabin installs! DIY is fun.

Holy crap! So tonights the first chance I've had it hooked up at night and wow.... Yeah I'm pretty convinced now.

The day time was nice, and an improvment but the night time difference is effing awesome.... And it's no IR lights... It's in color and stuff....

I guess it's just bright enough out there and it def rocks. lol

Well, I'll be doing some day time and night tests and I'll show you guys. even tho you alrdy know lol

Anyway, I'm def happy.

Sweet firefighter! I would like to see some snapshots taken from your DVR of the camera so I can add it to our site (if you oblige) whenever you get your DVR networked, let me know and I will show you an easy way to take snapshots.

Of course! I'm on a 24hr shift right now so I'll have to get off work.

But, I will be doing some testing and do snap shots in a few different locations.

I will say, I was happy with the day time difference but the night time is where it really shines.

It's just soo much better. I really hope I can find some snapshots from my old system for a comparison. Anyway, Yeah the difference is just awesome.... Of course I had a ****ty system before but man, I can see all the way down the road pretty clear! and It just set in the window not even outside yet.

I have to build and cut a block of wood at an angle so the mount can place the camera where I want it to.

Ok, Just so I have peace of mind I want to make sure I wired this correctly.

In this picture you see the 24 / 12 v and the three plugs for it.

= - +

183374_1.jpg

Well, I have my wiring wired up to the 24v converter, then at the camera I have it

pluged into the - and +

I want to make sure this is correct, Wasn't sure what the far left plug was for.

Its working and everything but I want to make sure I don't burn anything out if it's not right.

Also, I didn't like how the converter doesn't label which screw is + or -.... I had to guess.

And I suppose I guessed correctly since it's working...

thanks

The converter you are referring to is a 24 VAC transformer, and there is no plus or minus with 24 VAC power so that is why you dont see them labeled. You simply plug one wire into one input and one wire into another and you dont have to worry about getting your wires crossed. The left input is a ground and can be ignored, it sounds like you have it hooked up right, but you can check the camera guides on the USB drive for more detailed installation instructions.

some comparions ...

That KT&C looks like it would be fun to play with. I'm assuming the KPC-N501, does that have adjustable AGC?

Okay, Got it mounted on the side of the house and everything and it's looking good.

Only Question: How do I wire up the OSD wires. Their in A and B on the back of the camera....

But on the back of the DVR....

I have (A) hooked up to the orange wire and (B) on the yellow... Where do they go here? It's for ch. 1

183583_1.jpg

some comparions ...

That KT&C looks like it would be fun to play with. I'm assuming the KPC-N501, does that have adjustable AGC?

Yeah I believe so. Only thing it didnt really have was enable/disable Day Night.

I have it on the corner of the house, I work a 24hr shift tomm and the city is suppose to be picking up the Brush pile I have at the street, so itll be nice to see how it records them. It's a 7ft tall pile about 100ft long. (cleared out a tree line in my back yard)

Q: since it records 7fps D1 per ch. if Only one camera is connected can it record more than 7 or is it max 7fps on each ch no matter how many are connected. thanks!

You can set channel 1 and 9 to 30 FPS D1 if you like

Except when set to D1 higher than 7fps on those channels, the remaining channels have to be CIF.

Except when set to D1 higher than 7fps on those channels, the remaining channels have to be CIF.

With the latest firmware that I got from Nelly's, I can enable Channel 1 to record anywhere from 1-30FPS and the remaining channels can still do D1 7FPS max. I've tested this on the Zeus 4 channel, and have ordered a Zeus 8 channel for another project and Sean has tested this on the 8 channel as well.

Not sure if it is the same for the Apollo line...

With the latest firmware that I got from Nelly's, I can enable Channel 1 to record anywhere from 1-30FPS and the remaining channels can still do D1 7FPS max. I've tested this on the Zeus 4 channel, and have ordered a Zeus 8 channel for another project and Sean has tested this on the 8 channel as well.

Might seem that way, especially if using PSS, but its a hardware limitation also.

Hmmm .. seems you are right. Didnt notice that before.

Wonder why Dahua didnt change their specs, could be the DVRs still come with 2.606.

I do notice quality is lower with 2.608 firmware though, especially the network quality.

They made some changes to that part to make it faster over the WAN.