rkninc

Most Cost Affective IP Cameras Under $300

What are the most cost effective IP cameras under $300.00.

Please post sample pics. Model Number. Price.

Thanks.

What will you be using it for? Indoors, outdoors, surveillance, monitoring, webcam, etc?

Define "cost effective".

Under $300.00. Good quality. Good picture.

Still to vague. There's no one camera that's suitable for EVERY purpose. The more features and capabilities you add, the more the price goes up. You want cheap, you have to give something up.

Define "cost effective".

Under $300.00. Good quality. Good picture.

Still to vague. There's no one camera that's suitable for EVERY purpose. The more features and capabilities you add, the more the price goes up. You want cheap, you have to give something up.

Want:

Outdoor Rated Dome

720-1080P

Under $300.00

I keep an eye on products in that range, and there's not much there these days, except for no-name import cams.

The Vivotek FD8134V is a decent outdoor dome camera, but runs $320-ish minimum, and is 1280x800, slightly above 720p. That may be the cheapest name brand out there.

The Rainbow IPV1V3 is around $250, 1080P, IP66, but it's an orphan - Rainbow's out of business. The Rainbow IP cams have good performance for the money, but any problems, and you're out of luck.

Anyone has any other suggestions, I'm also interested!

double your price range and you'll have many more to consider -- likely with better known brands.. After setting up my first two analog cameras and playing the go-back-n-refocus (x N tries), I'm thinking it'd be REALLY nice to have a camera that can focus itself remotely via software -- no more need to dig out the ladder to make a 5 second adjustment.. Just like I'm currently toying with the idea of an IR illuminator that has a remote control (the Raytec Vario) to configure it (power on/off, brightness, etc).. It's all down to that old addage-- you get what you pay for..

Outdoor 720P IP camera that has a "good picture" for under $300 USD?

There is SOME stuff just above that price range, but I think that your price/expectations are somewhat unrealistic. You also have to say what you plan on using to do your NVR recording, because some manufacturers (Acti, Vivotek, etc) include software, otherwise you are going to have to probably purchase something.

As someone else mentioned, if you get into the $500-$600 there's a lot more available (Vivotek 8361 looks pretty interesting), although you are still dealing with pretty low end cameras.

From all of the research that I have done, the 8134V Vivotek is the only one that's close to fitting the bill for you. There are resellers on Amazon who have it for about $310 shipped.

Anyone actually have any experience with Duhua? The specs on the camera that Soundy linked to look impressive, especially for the $199 price. I would be curious to see how well the camera is made and how the installation is. I'm always amazed at the difference in the experience of installing an Axis camera to just about any other camera - it's like night and day. I just installed a Samsung SNV-7080R and I have to tell you, compared to an Axis, there's no comparison! So, for a $199 camera, I can't even begin to imagine what that would be like.

Anyone actually have any experience with Duhua? The specs on the camera that Soundy linked to look impressive, especially for the $199 price. I would be curious to see how well the camera is made and how the installation is. I'm always amazed at the difference in the experience of installing an Axis camera to just about any other camera - it's like night and day. I just installed a Samsung SNV-7080R and I have to tell you, compared to an Axis, there's no comparison! So, for a $199 camera, I can't even begin to imagine what that would be like.

Also correct me if i am wrong but isn't Dudua a Chinese manufacture? I think they get enough of our money so I do everything I can to purchase products based in North America.

I'm also testing a Dahua 3MP box cam, and for the $400 price, it holds up pretty well beside an IQ755. Once I get the chance to actually do some side-by-side, I'll be writing up a review.

Also correct me if i am wrong but isn't Dudua a Chinese manufacture? I think they get enough of our money so I do everything I can to purchase products based in North America.

But do you really think that the most of the parts that your american or canadian suppliers are using in their equipment is Made in North America? Besides, your main product is made in Canada and you are based in the US, how is your Canadian purchase helping the US economy?

Product made in Canada and sold in US help US economy lot more then

flipping Chinese product from US to everybody else

American components, Russian components... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN.

It's a global economy, folks - get over it.

But do you really think that the most of the parts that your american or canadian suppliers are using in their equipment is Made in North America? Besides, your main product is made in Canada and you are based in the US, how is your Canadian purchase helping the US economy?

Product made in Canada and sold in US help US economy lot more then

flipping Chinese product from US to everybody else

hmmm, I guess you know something I dont. Be sure to give your most educated, economically based answer on why. Does the US receive some kickback from Canada or any other country that I dont know about? Do they receive a percentage of the income tax dollars of the sale that was made? I am not saying your wrong, just want to know why you think this. Should we all throw away our Iphones, Ipads, and all of the other stuff that we use on a day to day basis that is made in China as well and start looking for suppliers from other countries on these products? Oh yeah, and what about those parts that your cameras are made of, arent you buying from China or Japan or wherever in an indirect way too?

hmmm, I guess you know something I dont. Be sure to give your most educated, economically based answer on why. Does the US receive some kickback from Canada or any other country that I dont know about? Do they receive a percentage of the income tax dollars of the sale that was made? I am not saying your wrong, just want to know why you think this. Should we all throw away our Iphones, Ipads, and all of the other stuff that we use on a day to day basis that is made in China as well and start looking for suppliers from other countries on these products? Oh yeah, and what about those parts that your cameras are made of, arent you buying from China or Japan or wherever in an indirect way too?

Quick answer for you

Avigilon camera made in Canada as you know

including PCB boards

majority components are from US

machinery in factory from US

Avigilon employs lots people in US ( highly paid by the way : )

and on another hand look what u done

involve Canadian to advertise your "Chinese" product

Sean lets not to go deeper in this conversation

No worries,its out of your price range.............meaning its too low for you to think its worth anything.

Not true I just want to support north american as much as possible and I want a manufacture to back up their product. I also don't wanna call China for support.

That's a nice video. Does anybody know how the Dahua ESIP-MP2-DM1 performs in low-light compared to the CNB VCM-24VF?

That's a nice video. Does anybody know how the Dahua ESIP-MP2-DM1 performs in low-light compared to the CNB VCM-24VF?

Waiting to see that one myself! SEAN - get on the ball, son!

Doing them this weekend as we speak. Should have something uploaded on Monday or Tuesday. I aint gonna lie, it needs light. So far, in normal lit parking lots, it holds up to the CNB just fine if not better but does get noisey, obviously this is a known weakness of most megapixel cameras. Will see how it does in real dark areas.

The Vivotek FD8134V is a decent outdoor dome camera, but runs $320-ish minimum, and is 1280x800, slightly above 720p. That may be the cheapest name brand out there.

+1. FD8134V and FD8133V.