griffonsystems

17" lcd with bnc input

i have an application where i need to mount 2 17" lcd monitors in a control tower from the ceeling and have coax go from the quads right to the lcd's - anyone have any suggestion on mfg for this?

think i might have found one - 17" lcd with 2bnc from atv - ML1700CN

anyone use these monitors?

Tatung 17" LCD model TLM-1703 I believe. Here are the specifications.

Power Supply 100-240 VAC 60/50 Hz auto switch

Consumption 40 Watt max, Standby 5W

TV System NTSC/PAL auto detection

Scan Frequency NTSC: 15750 Hz ± 500Hz/60 Hz

PAL: 15625 Hz ± 500Hz/50 Hz

LCD Panel 17â€

Be forewarned, analogue to LCD quality is horribly pixelised in general. Best I have seen yet is on a Sharp 15" LCD TV. Otherwise the BNC version LCDs I have used, or seen in action, have been like pulling my big molar, cause I can't stand bad quality video And the brands were far reaching.

meanwhile ...

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1640138&CatId=0

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1576752&CatId=0

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1355754&CatId=37

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1446041&Sku=S450-8320

Be forewarned, analogue to LCD quality is horribly pixelised in general.

Check with Foresight for the model AD001H. It's the high resolution model.

pixelised = bad image quality.

1- different technology

2- LCDs normally run much higher resolution than the video

eg. Comp Video = 720x480, LCD Res = 1024x768.

If you can get an LCD that allows you to switch Resolutions, to 640x480 or 800x600, it will help, but still it will not come close to quality on a TV or even better, a CCTV monitor.

Digital cameras work nice.

Seriously, there is tons of information in these forums regarding cameras.

You should spend some time reading, because the answer to your questions might have already been posted.

Plus if you want to ask a camera related question you will want to post in camera section of the forum.

I was just kiddin with you.

No pardon necessary.

I am a Newbie too.

There is always plenty to learn. That is the good thing about this stuff, your always learning new things.

Half the questions I ask are already questions I have asked before or already read about. That's called Dementia.

OK, So I'm still confused. S video gives you better picture but using LCD is bad then using a lcd tv monitor from the s video out of the dvr to the monitor will still produce pixelization due to resolution? Correct? Help!!

I was looking at walmart at this magnavox monitor

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4123078

thought it would be a good cheap solution.

Unless I misunderstood the statement regarding the Video resolution this is what I think was being said.

Since the highest resolution you can record at is typically 720x480 NTSC (U.S. Standard) having the monitor as close to that resolution is going to produce the best viewing results on a monitor.

Also a CRT has a better quality image than a LCD. CRTs are able to display more resolutions than an LCD because of their multisync capability.

S-video is the video signal where the chrominance and luminance components of an image are each represented as separate signals. Better quality than composite video.

Some of the single and 4 channel dvr's from avtech, Intellix, Ganz, and nuvico, and GE have S-video capabilities on a quick check.

I agree the closer the monitor resolution to the camera resolution he better the picture should be but, since the 15" LCD tv monitors have interlaced multisync picture quality shouldn't they also produce the better quality pictures as well. This is the premise behind lcd tv technology for non hi-def tv's improving picture quality under low def standards. CRT resolution is 450 lines of resolution at best if I remember correctly. Anything above that is wasted or am I totally off base here. Running several DVR's at high res on split screen should give both pictures clearity at the higher resolution. Yes/ No?

If using a stand alone DVR with a composite output, the LCD, no matter which one you buy, is going to be pixelised, same goes for a CRT PC Monitor. If you find one that is great quality like a CRT CCTV Monitor or even a CRT TV, then would appreciate a link

I have just used so many LCDs with so many different stand alones using composite outputs, and the quality is just awful, well then i AM used to CRT CCTV monitors and even CRT TVs, clear crisp quality though, well moreso on the CCTV Monitor. Ive also used several convertors, and they were just as bad, or worse in many cases.

The little 15" Sharp LCD TV was the best ive seen though, however it still doesnt match a CRT CCTV Monitor or CRT TV quality.

Remember I am talking about a composite output, if the DVR has a VGA output then thats a whole different ball game.

BTW the CRT PC monitor is also bad with a Composite output.

BTW BTW, ive also used LCDs with BNC inputs, and same bad quality.

Rory

Hey, give it a whirl, you could always use the monitor on your PC, or resell it to someone else, if it doesnt do what you want ..? Its still a TV ..