jisaac

Camera shots. Lets all pitch in!

foe real ...

I asked Extreme about a PTZ (for oceanside with IR etc out to 500-800') but even using their Kits i need to source the Motor and other stuff myself .. which is no good

Course i wasnt looking at the Moondance ..

but then thats not IR anyway right ..?

I need salt air corosion resistant with Dual UF600s .. will buy 2 of them .. ready built and tested .. just someone name a cost .. analogue outout as converting with existing Acti Servers to Wireless IP. .. i havent quoted them yet .. until i get a price on them .. oh yeah, this is being serious .. i do need a price if anyone there wants to source a ready made solution .. thanks

Sort of an unrelated story here, but I need to share this:

Speaking of "special" cams, my toilet in my house backup on the lower Atrium level yesterday. I though to mysel "House is 2 years old, give me a XXXXXXXX break!" The flush just wasn't going to go down, I did everything but drop a bunker buster in there and still no luck..

Called a Plumber (415.00 later) he runs a camera snake down my outside sewer from the house and we watch his little B/W monitor as he controls this remote control camera (tonka truck) down the crap pipe. Not a sight for an easy stomach, but interesting to say the least. All of a sudden the tonka cam stops and hits a bright red and yellow something...Something turned out to be a toy, Imagine that! a Toy in my crap pipe. Last time I checked, my GF and I don't eat plastic toys, so there was only one culprit.....my son (age 9).

I call him up and after a few minutes of threatening to remove his spine he ups and confesses to dropping a little firetruck down the throne. When I asked why he just didn't reach in there and grab it instead of flushing it he tells me "There was poop in there too Daddy" I see his point.

Long story short, the pipe needs to be dug out which is on a 30 degree incline into a wooded area of my home. It happens to also be about 20 feet underground at that point where the pipe needs to be cleared. The Plumber tried ramming the camera into it and wound up breaking his tonka cam. Happy Holidays people!

The damage is about $8000.00 to dig the yard up and replace everything back to normal. What a bargain, I may think seriously about being a Plumber......

Scottj

Great story.

That’s my type of luck.

I just want to know one thing: Do you have any pictures?

I will post some pics from my CyberDome ont hat corner of the house while they work and dig it up..You guys are going to die when they do this.....on Thanksgiving no less which explains the 8 grand

if you were in the bahamas, i would say hire a haitian ... they work for cheap here digging up yards and weeding

Did you ask him about his tonka cam .. maybe he needed a WizKid cam

maybe something a couple grenades can help with .. or dynamite ..

scottj,

now that's what I'd call a bit of a bummer. 8 grand for a plastic toy! Talk about spending a penny ..... hope you get it sorted.

jisaacmagee,

When you mentioned Extreme moondance, I had to do a double take, especially the van mounted camera. I'm almost certain thats actually a "Metal Mickey"

http://www.fvcctv.co.uk/Mic300.htm

Murray over at extreme sent those to me and said they were moondance. I am not 100% but thats what I was lead to believe.

scottj,

now that's what I'd call a bit of a bummer. 8 grand for a plastic toy! Talk about spending a penny ..... hope you get it sorted.

jisaacmagee,

When you mentioned Extreme moondance, I had to do a double take, especially the van mounted camera. I'm almost certain thats actually a "Metal Mickey"

http://www.fvcctv.co.uk/Mic300.htm

yep, thats also the Extreme Moondance

so who actually makes it ?

I just had another look at that van photo, 'cos something about it was bugging me.

Now I think I know what it was .... if my powers of deduction are correct, the van belongs to London's Metropolitan Police Service (I've seen it), it's parked in The Mall (I've driven up it), in front of Buckingham Palace, home of ..... (it'll come to me ).

Definately is a Metal Mickey camera, and if they're selling at those prices Stateside, methinks someone is being a bit creative with the price list

I will post some pics from my CyberDome ont hat corner of the house while they work and dig it up..You guys are going to die when they do this.....on Thanksgiving no less which explains the 8 grand

8 grand ? stuff that. Ide give my son a shovel and tell him to start digging before he gets any turkey lol

why don't you just hire a bobcat and do it yourself ? over here in australia, you just mention cash and you will have a line up of people wanting the job.

Godamm, 8 grand may seem steep, but my father just paid almost 15K to get his boiler replaced yesterday, and the damm thing only cost $4500, but this plumber was the only one that would do the work and had the parts in stock right away.

And they call us highway robbers.

I was hoping more people would post pictures.

Now were talking about Scotts toilet. And your fathers boiler.

29994_1.jpgsssssss5zs.jpg

this is from front and back of the same counter

camera #1 is a pano 484 the other is the ganz from our old friend. i think the pano is better but it is twice the price.

and thanks jasper for helping me post these pics.

Edited by Guest

30055_1.jpg

Here are a few from our DVR and our Cams.

Left: iLinkIR420SH _ 1/4" Sharp CCD, 420TVL, 3.6mm Lens, Bullet IR Cam

Right: iPVF420SN _ 1/3" Sony CCD, 420TVL, 5-100mm AutoIris Lens, Box Cam

Dvr is our iNDVR330 _ PC Based 30fps, 640 x 480, Mpeg4

Weather: Crappy

Here is a Snap Shot taken remotely of a Sanyo Day/Night VCD1184VA Surface Mount Dome Camera. Just installed it last night. This a 640x480 resolution from GeoVision 1240-8 Card.

And of course it is in a Bar which doesn't have the best lighting conditions.

Edit: Made pic smaller for faster loading. (better Focus also)

32253_1.jpg

Edited by Guest

l have a bar also,is that shot of the bar with the main lights on and could you focus it and repost the picture l am interested to see the quality,ps why this particular camera? and do you have other cameras of different makes in this environment?

if anyone has camera shots inside a bar or niteclub l would love to see them,l know rory has a few with the provideo bullets etc,but anyone else,with shots???

this looks very similar lighting to what l have maybe a little darker ,any suggestions on cameras for this environment,l would like a wide angle 2.6mm lens to view a wide area!!!

Protecvideo,

It's our iLinkIR420SN:

32263_1.jpg

1/3" SONY

420 TVL

NTSC:510(H)×492(V)

IR LED 20 PCS

IRSeries Distance 50 Feet

Auto White Balance

Scanning System NTSC:525 lines 60 Field/sec

Electronic Shutter Time NTSC 1/60-1/100,000Sec

DC12V±10% 400MA

Amazing camera for the cost. Let me know if you need anymore info. Next week the camera will also come with a SunShield and IR revision for more power.

Thanks

Edited by Guest