zikronix

Missed the swann system at costco This Lorex is coming

I'm sure the cameras off load some of the work. They are betting on that all 8 cameras are not going to all fire at once I'm sure

Heres what i did for the install.

Drilled a 1.5 hole in the front cover then bolted the camera to the front cover with lock washers, thread-loc and nylon nuts on the back side of the cover. made the connection inside the box. The standard box screws are being replaced by security screws this weekend. I used flex conduit cause it was easier and cheaper than the hard stuff, drilled a hole in the bird stop on the back side of the conduit, i also put another conduit connector with an electrical washer so its quite difficult to pull the conduit out.

[attachment=1]20130507_181529.jpg[/attachment]

and here is my lock box that houses my nvr, ups, wireless hdmi and keyboard extender. ( before repainting the ceiling)

[attachment=0]20130503_164423.jpg[/attachment]

i like your lockbox, where'd you get it?

I also came up with the same idea you did for mounting the camera to the metal coverplate of a weatherproof box, I used a 4"x4" box and cover.

I have a few questions about the lorex system before actually ordering a few kits.

Does the Swann NVR record the 3mp cameras at 3mp?

How many channels will the NVR record at 3mp at 30fps?

I have a few questions about the lorex system before actually ordering a few kits.

Does the Swann NVR record the 3mp cameras at 3mp?

How many channels will the NVR record at 3mp at 30fps?

They are not 3MP cameras they are 2.1 (1080P) @ 30 FPS

Heres what i did for the install.

Drilled a 1.5 hole in the front cover then bolted the camera to the front cover with lock washers, thread-loc and nylon nuts on the back side of the cover. made the connection inside the box. The standard box screws are being replaced by security screws this weekend. I used flex conduit cause it was easier and cheaper than the hard stuff, drilled a hole in the bird stop on the back side of the conduit, i also put another conduit connector with an electrical washer so its quite difficult to pull the conduit out.

[attachment=1]20130507_181529.jpg[/attachment]

and here is my lock box that houses my nvr, ups, wireless hdmi and keyboard extender. ( before repainting the ceiling)

[attachment=0]20130503_164423.jpg[/attachment]

i like your lockbox, where'd you get it?

I also came up with the same idea you did for mounting the camera to the metal coverplate of a weatherproof box, I used a 4"x4" box and cover.

Lockbox came form ebay. I painted it white w/flat white spraypaint. I paid 106 for mine. I had to drill different holes for the top cover because other wise i wouldnt be able get it off.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1311.R1.TR2.TRC1&_nkw=dvr+lock+box&_sacat=0&_from=R40

I am really impressed with the Lorex NVR. I do not have the Swann NVR, but coming from Swann D1, and the 2600 The UI is fantastic - the tools and remote views are Excellent!

So far no issues found with the Lorex NVR. The only thing I had to do is pull cat 5 cable through my attic pulling the coax out with the cat 5 tapped to it That didn't go as smooth as I hoped for as I didnt use enough tape and pulled it off and had to crawl through it in 100+ degrees.

Is that for our cameras...or the 3MP version?

So far, it appears this firmware is for all the cameras based on the Hik Raptor platform - 1.3 and 3MP. I haven't seen a 2MP version yet, but it's the same firmware footprint as the faux 3MP Swann update, so that one appears to be covered too.

I'm not sure the NVR has access to all the settings of the camera. Best bet is to access the cam directly via the web page and see if it has WDR enabled.

Based off of the post quoted above, I used the Lorex HD program installed on my PC (vs the NVR) to access the camera settings and didn't see any reference to the existence of WDR or the ability to change it if it exists.

Anyone else find anything?

Not sure if the post above from MaxIcon is referencing the Lorex software that I installed on my PC (came with the NVR system on a CD) or if his reference to accessing the cams via "the web page" is something entirely different?

Thx,

CS

Is that for our cameras...or the 3MP version?

So far, it appears this firmware is for all the cameras based on the Hik Raptor platform - 1.3 and 3MP. I haven't seen a 2MP version yet, but it's the same firmware footprint as the faux 3MP Swann update, so that one appears to be covered too.

I'm not sure the NVR has access to all the settings of the camera. Best bet is to access the cam directly via the web page and see if it has WDR enabled.

Based off of the post quoted above, I used the Lorex HD program installed on my PC (vs the NVR) to access the camera settings and didn't see any reference to the existence of WDR or the ability to change it if it exists.

Anyone else find anything?

Not sure if the post above from MaxIcon is referencing the Lorex software that I installed on my PC (came with the NVR system on a CD) or if his reference to accessing the cams via "the web page" is something entirely different?

Thx,

CS

I have not been able to find a WDR setting on the NVR or the computer either. I think he may be talking about hooking the camera directly to a network port instead of the NVR and accessing the camera directly. I just don't know how to do that yet. I am still learning.

I have not been able to find a WDR setting on the NVR or the computer either. I think he may be talking about hooking the camera directly to a network port instead of the NVR and accessing the camera directly. I just don't know how to do that yet. I am still learning.

See here for the same (rebranded) camera. http://www.networkcameracritic.com/?p=1444

You need the camera on your local network, not on the NVR private network.

See here for the same (rebranded) camera. http://www.networkcameracritic.com/?p=1444

You need the camera on your local network, not on the NVR private network.

Thanks Frank and Joey. This is perfect. Anxious to try and access/turn on the HDR on these puppies this evening.

I have another question. If I adjust the camera's without the NVR and turn on the WDR will it continue to remain on even if I plug it back into my NVR after I have made the adjustments? Has anyone attempted this yet?

I have another question. If I adjust the camera's without the NVR and turn on the WDR will it continue to remain on even if I plug it back into my NVR after I have made the adjustments? Has anyone attempted this yet?

I just tested this, I enabled WDR, set it to 50.

I then edited the camera video rate settings in the NVR, the WDR setting was untouched.

Thanks for the information. I will give it a try this weekend. Are you using the PC software that came with the NVR when you access the camera directly or a different software?

Thanks for the information. I will give it a try this weekend. Are you using the PC software that came with the NVR when you access the camera directly or a different software?

connect it to a poe switch, use the software to "discover" the device and get its IP then just web into the camera port 8000 or 85 if I recall?

username: admin

pass: 12345

For the Swann Version:

For the Lorex Version:

pass: 000000 (6 zeros)

Both cameras default to 192.0.0.64

connect it to a poe switch, use the software to "discover" the device and get its IP then just web into the camera port 8000 or 85 if I recall?

With this Lorex camera the username is admin and the password is 000000

Connect the camera to the POE switch or a regular switch plus the DC power input.

The default IP address was 192.0.0.64 (if I recall correctly).

Use IE, not the windows software.

Once connected, I changed mine to use DHCP and set a reserved IP address in my router, as this camera will not be on the NVR private network, its on my LAN.

I found that using their windows software, you can change the ip address when on your LAN. Search for online devices, the camera will be listed. Select the camera, select modify, change the ip address.

You can then connect to that ip address with your browser, i use chrome with the plug in, works better than ie.

Then go into network settings, select dhcp, then reserve an ip address in your router.

This stops you having to change your pc's ip address to first connect.

You can then edit the wdr settings, time stamps, etc..

You can plug the camera back into the NVR private network, these settings are preserved.

I really like how easy it is to search through recordings and download them.... in a playable mp4 form with vlc! No thanks qsee.

Thanks JoeyJoey. I will be buying a POE switch tomorrow and trying to adjust the settings in the camera. New to this so it will take me awhile to figure it out.

I have one of the camera's plugged directly into my router and I powered it with a 12v power supply to the camera. I can see the camera's IP address when I search for on line devices with the swann client software. I used internet explorer and typed in the IP address but I get nothing. I know I am doing something wrong, I just don't know what.

I have one of the camera's plugged directly into my router and I powered it with a 12v power supply to the camera. I can see the camera's IP address when I search for on line devices with the swann client software. I used internet explorer and typed in the IP address but I get nothing. I know I am doing something wrong, I just don't know what.

With the Lorex client software, I can change the IP address directly. Try that with the Swann software.

See this picture for help.

when you click OK/Save, be patient (!!!!!), the camera will reboot, it might take upto a few minutes to be available again.

cap1.png.8b32df582d7f7f782e39676857e0a63b.png

cap2.png.34515f007538e2c17e0ccd064b136fe6.png

Click on the hyper links for screenshots. These arte the instructions for the SWANN cameras although these instructions will also work with the LOREX cameras, the only difference being the LOREX PASSWORD which is: 000000 (6 zeros)...

How to configure your Swann\Costco cameras...

1. Download and install the Hikvision Client Software iVMS-4000 V2.04.01.03 (Windows) software
  2. Load the Hikvision iVMS-4000 software application and start the "Add device wizard"
  3. Click on the "Setup" menu choice
  4. Right click on "Monitor Area" and choose "Add Device"
  5. After the "Add Device" window loads, click the "Online Device" button
  6. Select the Swann camera you need to configure and then click the "Modify" button
  7. Edit the camera's configuration as needed using the default password "12345" (without the quotation marks) and then click the save button
  8. Exit the Hikvision iVMS-4200 software application, start your browser and log into the camera's web interface using the defaut UID "admin" and the default password "12345" (without the quotation marks)

Alternatively, simply change the IP address on your PC to 192.0.0.100 and then browse to the camera's address (192.0.0 64) and then login with the "admin" UID and password(Swann: "12345" or Lorex: "000000"). This is a much easier procedure.

Hey guys. New to the forum. Love all the valuable information especially for newbs.

I am intrigued by the Swann 1080p with 4 bullet cams + NVR system but unforunately Swann does not have any Dome 1080p cams and Lorex does. I have used Google but to no avail and I was wondering if I bought the 2 pack Dome 1080p Lorex, would they work with the SWAN NVR? I am concerned about Bullet cam install locations around my home such as front door and side entrance, could easily be vandalized,turned, swatted, etc. hence the need for Dome cams in those areas.

Thanks for the help.

Thanks JoeyJoey and Q2u. That worked. I turned on the WDR. Will see if it helps with the night vision. Thanks for the help.