eyeonutech

Is Geovision the best?

Is Geovision the best there is? Seems that a lot of the dealers and installers don't want to touch Geo, but yet every other post is a Geo question. What other cards have the reputaion and features of Geo. Thanks.

Minh

Its sais so on the CD

Ofcourse there are other cards and software such as Video Insight, etc, that are very good. I Don't think any one DVR software can claim they are the best there is, including Geo.

Actually, i just had another 30fps DVR card in my Via Chipset PC, 2.0 Athlon with 512DDR ... it would use average 60% CPU usage .. 1 camera .. with Nortons System Works 2005 in the bg.

Anyway, i switched to the GV250-2 channel card, added an extra camera, and it hovered around 24%. Its staying around 15% now with 1 camera.

The cards are solid, the software is getting better .. the GUI that is.

Its got what I need, full screen auto login on boot up, in a user mode so they cant touch the main system, Higher Quality at 720x480, and decent evidence sharing features. Plus it will have Multi site (up to 64 way) Remote software, any day now.

Rory

Edited by Guest

That be right, GEO say on the CD it be the best or better digital surveillance system. Now why would they lie?

aLLYaLLViSioN is good as well.

Geovision is a very good allrounder with a lot of features.

Another manufacturer that we have used & seem to have their act together now is Avermedia.

We tend to stick to Geovision now as some of our existing customers already have some Geo systems already & useremote view.

Geovision has a load of features making it a very easy sell, the main reason many distributors drop it, is because EVERYONE sells it, so it is hard to compete as you have no edge.

The other reason is that Geovision tend to sell to anyone so there is no protection to distributors.

it has an ugly GUI but it would have to be said that Geo releases more features than the 5 biggest manufactorers added together!

Another manufacturer that we have used & seem to have their act together now is Avermedia.

Avermedia cards are catching up to that of GEO. Very nice GUI and function/features are comperable to GEO cards. New software really has expanded the performance. Being a reseller of these cards I have really learned a lot about them and I have to agree with Baywatch they do have their act together. We dropped our GEO line couple years back and now exclusively using Aver cards. If systems are built right the cards perform amazingly stable with little problems and very small CPU utilization. Couldnt be happier.

Also, few steps away from Multi Site remote client software...cant wait, been dying to try it out.

I like the Comart boards, just haven't used the Netpromax software to be able to pass judgement.

Scottj

I am very interested in Kandcorp's post, I had used Aver and it was full of problams, but this was many moons ago... one thing always bugged me and that was that Aver was a TRUE manufactorer, so i was surpirsed their product was not one of the best and with their margins and software development guys , it really surprised me about their lack of good product.

I knew in time they would come good, glad to hear they may be finally up there

We tend to stick to Geovision now as some of our existing customers already have some Geo systems already & useremote view.

We've used the Avers' standalone video servers and they're decent. We went the Geo route with the DVR Cards b/c the Avers cards didn't do audio. Do they now?

Avers do sound and we had a card from them with hardware compression that is very nice.

I have always been impressed with the image quality of the Avers (when we sold both we wouldn't show an Avers next to Geo as it used to show it up) the problems we had was stability issues.

Avers main business is display equipment & we found it very frustrating trying to deal with people who were not really security orientated.

Maybe its all changed now ?

Avers do sound and we had a card from them with hardware compression that is very nice.

I have always been impressed with the image quality of the Avers (when we sold both we wouldn't show an Avers next to Geo as it used to show it up) the problems we had was stability issues.

Avers main business is display equipment & we found it very frustrating trying to deal with people who were not really security orientated.

Maybe its all changed now ?

Ever call Geo for support and speak broken English at 4am? That's fun stuff too!

Avermedia produces a lot of OEM cards for mainly European DVR manufacturers, I know that ALNET systems uses their cards for their software.

Hi My name is Tom Kalinski and I am from Alnet System. We are using the same hardware as GeoVision not Avermedia.

ftp://alnet.pl/brochures/EN

?

I have an Alnet card infront of me and it's obviously not that same hardware. I actually pulled this from a customer as I (and 4 other CCTV contractors, nor the ISP technicians) could ever get remote access of any kind inside the DVR to work.

I contacted Alnet (Michal, ma(at)alnetsystems.com) for help on 11/29/2006 @ 10:44pm (GMT -6)

To date no responces... It REALLY, REALLY pisses me off when the people most qualified to support their products blow me off.

We've used the Avers' standalone video servers and they're decent. We went the Geo route with the DVR Cards b/c the Avers cards didn't do audio. Do they now?

Dear customer:

For standalone DVR we have provided recently, audio feature is included.

For DVR card installed in PC, audio feature is always provided .

GEOVISION rocks

I have customised my GUI in V8.01 so that when I preload it

the camera lost image is my log says CALL ****** security camera lost

the blank cameras have a different colour to the std blue - its green like my logo

I have overlayed some pics in the main grid with my log and company number so the customer always sees it

I love the new features of v8, its to easy and to reliable when the pc's are built rite

No cheapscating and your system will work marvelous

Lasty system I did recently had 3 samsung 500gb industrial sata drives rock on. H264 is wild to with the res and running shc730 cams or 740's from Samsung is the BEST

Nothing BEATS geo.