Securitymaster

32ch stand alone

Hey guys, what are my choices if I need a 32CH stand alone DVR, that is not too expensive, not looking to spend too much cash, just something that is resonable, the client is very cheap as usual.

I mean, I don't need name brands or anything just something that has a web browser interface for remote viewing.

Thanks.

I don't know of any reasonable 32 channel DVR's , but if you find some standalones I would be interested in them myself.

Scottj

I looked into it and I loved it, but it's way out of my pricerange.

Thanks anyway

remember there is no industry that proves this saying more

"you get what you pay for"

of course that is very true, but when you are given a certain budget to work with, and bidding against 2 other competitors on a job that would land you almost half the state's apartment buildings, you tend to do your best to get the foot in the door if you know what I mean.

Well taking on half of the States apartment housing seems to be a giant step in the opposite direction, assuming you were to get the bid of course.

Scottj

Well, it is looking rather good, since I have done work for these people's family before, they even handed me the 2 other bids so that I can beat them, so it's almost a done deal. Anyway, I already found a DVR that will take care of this issue, so moderators can go ahead and close this thread if they wish.

Integral technologies makes a DVXi model that can do 32 cameras. We have installed several DVX and DVXi systems and they are very reliable.

Need to get them through a dealer though.

I think the PN is DVXi XM32 for the 32 channel unit.

or get 2 avc standalones, cheap 32ch from 2 units, 18ips each hahaa-plus a video server $ 800ea AU pls $180AU for video server

they have a 16ch 400fps standalone with cd and lan, 1700 AU ea

cheers

Thanks for all the reply's. What ended up happening was that the DVR that kandcorp showed me, came across me this past week, I took another look, and indeed the company is finally getting their (*) together and the image quality has been improved dramaticly. Even the search features.

So I went ahead and basically got the cards to make a custom built one.

I have permission from the client to be able to use it as a demo for one week after installed, so if anyone wishes to see it, please send me a PM and I will show you.

This is a bit of self-promotion, but EL's ETV is available in 32 channels with 16 channels of audio.

It seems a lot of people on this board are always after what is the cheapest. Going for the cheapest isn't always the best way to go. If it was, everyone would be griving Geo Metros.

or get 2 avc standalones, cheap 32ch from 2 units, 18ips each hahaa-plus a video server $ 800ea AU pls $180AU for video server

they have a 16ch 400fps standalone with cd and lan, 1700 AU ea

cheers

Please. AVC's network can't make it.

[edit by mod - please only retail end user pricing]