BigCarbs

Dahua video lagging. Do I have network problem?

I will check the firmware once i get some free time. Super busy this week bbut will report back

In your case the latest firmware will not help ..... Infact it will make your unit slower.

You will only run at 7fps if you update.

Your problem is trying to run a hybrid .....which it does not have the prosesing power to do.

Your setup should be

your 8 cameras on the dvr

your 4 MP on your nev

And then pull them both together with the PSS software

As your NVR stands at the moment you are pulling 8 at 25fps And trying to run another 3 x 3mp and 1x 2mp at there full res and fps

I was kinda having the same issue as you. I was using a Q-See QC808 nvr with (2)hfw3200s 1080p cameras and (3)hfw2100 720p cameras. 4 of the cameras were connected directly into the nvr and the other was on a power injector.

On channels 1&2 (1080p) cameras were freezing or lagging for sometimes minutes at a time. What was weird to me was they looked fine remotely via pss. I found out of the issue while at home one weekend when I switched over to the live view on my tv and saw myself still outside watering the grass.

I worked via email with the q-see technicians. After 3 weeks of back and forth I just returned the nvr and 4 cameras. I had used the system for almost a year and the Costco package had 18 months of warranty. I originally just wanted them to fix it or replace the nvr, but when it took them 3 weeks (and counting since they haven't gotten back to me), I just wanted my money back. Costco rocks!

So what upgrade of NVR from Dahua should BigCarbs acquire inorder to solve his lagging issue due to the excessive data load?

BigCarbs have you resolved the issues?

Shocker.

I'm fortunate in that I do computer hardware repair ... so I approach this from a perhaps an additional approach of simplifying the questions and looking for paradoxes.

I BELIEVE... the problem with "lag" of any amount, is that the cameras HAVE to be cheap for us to buy them and perceive them as good "value."

The companies have to have lenses, software, marketing, websites, etc.

We look for specifications when we purchase... and we purchase based off the specs that we KNOW about on the line item list.

What doesn't go on the line item list of a network surveillance camera? The processing power. The speed of it to encode RAW video... in to H.264 in the incredibly high FPS and resolutions we want... let alone, H.265. Can ANYTHING do this instantaneously? Really. Try your 3,000 computers guys... just PLAYING BACK a high speed, high res stream will make your fans go nuts.

These cameras don't even have fans.

And they have NO BUDGET for a CPU... They rely on a SoC... and a CODEC (coder decoder).

I purchased an expensive camera by samsung... lag time, shorter. I have some knock off stuff I want to get rid of... you think they have the same lag times? on the SAME network?

No.

These are the soft, unspoken differences professionals who get to play with everything know.

Suckers like me, on a budget, unable to try EVERY product? They count on me assuming it's something I can't debug.

Try lower resolutions... and you'll think your network was the problem; not the change in complexity of performing the algorithm on the CODEC that is transcoding the video to a small package that'll fit over network... instead of RAW, UNCOMPRESSED 1080p which could be a few hundred MB/s (capital B)... which your 1000Mb/s networks will not do.

So, its time we search for things based on the codecs processing power, not just the resolution, lux, etc.

Hope that helped and isn't wrong for 100 reasons.