reeves1985

Mini nvr questions

Ok, found a 30 minutes to play. I just updated. Everything (including motion detecion) seem to work ok. Previous GUI made better UX - live color, now it looks like inside funeral house Design is better but it is so sad..... especilly when cameras work in IR mode There should be on option to hide PTZ settings.

At the beginning i had some problems to localize IP Camera setttings. IMHO camera setting should be easier to access - but usually you do it only onece so it is not a big problem.

Bigger problem is IE activeX display mode. Sometimes when i turn more then one channel only last one is displayed in first window. Weird it does not happen always.

In FF mode without activeX links to certain functions are combined with labels so you have to click directly into text - not a big problem but annoying, designer could easily fix it with simple bitmap or dynamicly created objetcs.

Overall it is a step into good direction. Nothing seem to be really broken. It would be nice to save number of camera windows displayed at onece. So you don't have every time to change it to 4 if you have less then 5 cameras.

BTW: After update admin password is not changed and IP set in previous firmware is not changed also.

I have to wait to monday to check if remote access ports are still the same, will check at work on fiber connection - on my backup HSPA DC it never worked ok.

Ok, found a 30 minutes to play. I just updated. Everything (including motion detecion) seem to work ok. Previous GUI made better UX - live color, now it looks like inside funeral house Design is better but it is so sad..... especilly when cameras work in IR mode There should be on option to hide PTZ settings.

At the beginning i had some problems to localize IP Camera setttings. IMHO camera setting should be easier to access - but usually you do it only onece so it is not a big problem.

Bigger problem is IE activeX display mode. Sometimes when i turn more then one channel only last one is displayed in first window. Weird it does not happen always.

In FF mode without activeX links to certain functions are combined with labels so you have to click directly into text - not a big problem but annoying, designer could easily fix it with simple bitmap or dynamicly created objetcs.

Overall it is a step into good direction. Nothing seem to be really broken. It would be nice to save number of camera windows displayed at onece. So you don't have every time to change it to 4 if you have less then 5 cameras.

BTW: After update admin password is not changed and IP set in previous firmware is not changed also.

I have to wait to monday to check if remote access ports are still the same, will check at work on fiber connection - on my backup HSPA DC it never worked ok.

Thanks Dude, I will report that to our R&D. Your feedback is very helpful. We will keep updating.

I tested the motion detection on my Avtech AVN701 after watching a howto video for the Xvision NVR, I think these options are all in the stock firmware that we all have, now that I have the Xvision firmware I cant go back to check.

Motion detection worked fine. I made a video on how I did it so you can see the correct way to set it up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS93G57taQw

youtube link broken or file removed, can you please update link

Mike, i have one question does firmware include hd idle package? It would be wise to let hdd fall asleep if not used, for example no motion or no sheduled recording.

Second question is when i do motion detection recording, how does pre record work. In my case setting pre record makes nvr motion enabled recording stopped at all. Does camera it self have to keep video in buffer or there is some RAM amount used by NVR?

Don't know why you have chosen so small icons over channels, it is hard to se anything. My cameras record when motion is detected but this small running man icon is not changing its color.

Hi Mike, I downoladed the update file from amazon and when updating I always get the error invalid file.

I have selected the rigth firmware for my nvr but still the error.

I'm trying from the web console.

Appreciate any input ou can give me.

Thanks!

Hi Mike, I downoladed the update file from amazon and when updating I always get the error invalid file.

I have selected the rigth firmware for my nvr but still the error.

I'm trying from the web console.

Appreciate any input ou can give me.

Thanks!

Hi, Updating Via IE, Please try this.

1. Only Use IE to update, no firefox, no chrome

2. try Connecting a HDD to the NVR.

3. Copy the latest firmware to drive D: , not put on your desktop or C: drive.

4. Start to update.

Good luck

Does your current firmware is 20140417? Mike in previous posts have written does direct update is possible only from this version. If u have other first update to 20140417.

Mike, i have one question does firmware include hd idle package? It would be wise to let hdd fall asleep if not used, for example no motion or no sheduled recording.

Second question is when i do motion detection recording, how does pre record work. In my case setting pre record makes nvr motion enabled recording stopped at all. Does camera it self have to keep video in buffer or there is some RAM amount used by NVR?

Don't know why you have chosen so small icons over channels, it is hard to se anything. My cameras record when motion is detected but this small running man icon is not changing its color.

1. I think the HDD is already in sleep mode while not being used?

2. The pre record function, say you set 30 seconds, the image will always have 30 seconds buffer in NVR(NVR RAM) and when the motion is triggered the NVR just save that 30 seconds data on hard drive.

3. Hmmmm. Asian prefer smaller things lol. And yes about the running man I just noticed that and forward the message to our R&D now, think it is a small bug on IE. (No problem on Monitor output)

Asked R&D to give us an update log......over a hundred update......it will take sales team a very long time to translate....will post it when available.

By the way, POE NVR for 3MP and 5MP resolution IP cameras will be available soon. datasheet already available on our website.

I have just connected to nvr from work, mapped ports are the same but .... still problem under IE with channels opening only in first window. If you chose to auto open all it works ok, but not when one by one.

I have just connected to nvr from work, mapped ports are the same but .... still problem under IE with channels opening only in first window. If you chose to auto open all it works ok, but not when one by one.

?? Oops? Sorry we never thought that will be a trouble to view. Should state more clear in user manual.

Here is now it goes,

System default is in the first frame while select a single channel.

Click the first black frame, then select any channel you want to view, you will find that channel shown in the first frame.

Then single click the second frame, and select another channel you want to view, then the other image will be shown in the second frame.

Problem solved?

Regards,

Mike

I have access. Everything work ok. Just forward 80 and 5050-5053.

I have my NVR in the DMZ of the router, but it won't respond to IE or to the GoolLink iPhone app.

It works inside of my network, but not from the internet.

Does anyone have GooLink working on their phones or are you using something else. Otherwise the Mini DVR work great.

Goolink is the only app i can make work, at the moment its not working properly I have contacted the app maker and they said they are working on a fix for it

The NVR works great, once I figured out how to add cameras and configure the parameters. Now I just need a reliable way to remote monitor from a smart phone or tablet.

?? Oops? Sorry we never thought that will be a trouble to view. Should state more clear in user manual.

Here is now it goes,

System default is in the first frame while select a single channel.

Click the first black frame, then select any channel you want to view, you will find that channel shown in the first frame.

Then single click the second frame, and select another channel you want to view, then the other image will be shown in the second frame.

Problem solved?

Regards,

Mike

Yes. It is solved. It seem to be logical. How ever that is mostly becouse behavior in previous firmware was different. Each channel was combined with preview window.

Thx.

Hello, I'm new on this forum but I'm also new owner of mini nvr (DA-2008GM).

I have this new firmware (20141030) installed and in my opinion there are some bugs:

1) Motion detection – this function only works on my camera and nvr only can receive alarms from there (when I try to set something on NVR “save” function doesn’t work – after I jump to another menu default options are back ).

2) The some problem is with On Screen Display – “save” doesn’t work and from http – save I failed.

And I have question about GOOLINK. It’s only work when NVR and phone are inside local network. When phone is on internet connection it can’t find NVR (I have info that it’s offline but I can connect to NVR via https – when I use port forwarding). Should I do something else? Port forwarding (but witch) or something else? I was trying to set NRV in DMZ but with no results.

Do you have any idea how to connect to this NVR via phone (maybe some other software?)?

Arcos

in specs is written:

Recording Storage Local HDD, network

Is it a typo error also for the new mininvr II ?

Hmmmm it is a misunderstanding..

The Network Recording function in our company defines:

NVR supports IP SAN (Storage Area Network)

IP SAN likes a giant computer with Windows OS, this device can run our 200CH or 500CH software to manage 200pcs or 500pcs max IP cameras.

Hello, I'm new on this forum but I'm also new owner of mini nvr (DA-2008GM).

I have this new firmware (20141030) installed and in my opinion there are some bugs:

1) Motion detection – this function only works on my camera and nvr only can receive alarms from there (when I try to set something on NVR “save” function doesn’t work – after I jump to another menu default options are back ).

2) The some problem is with On Screen Display – “save” doesn’t work and from http – save I failed.

And I have question about GOOLINK. It’s only work when NVR and phone are inside local network. When phone is on internet connection it can’t find NVR (I have info that it’s offline but I can connect to NVR via https – when I use port forwarding). Should I do something else? Port forwarding (but witch) or something else? I was trying to set NRV in DMZ but with no results.

Do you have any idea how to connect to this NVR via phone (maybe some other software?)?

Arcos

Have you set the correct NVR DNS?

Have you set the correct NVR DNS?

Thanks a lot Mike - it was DNS problem. Now goolink is working

If you have any solution for other problems it will be great.

Arcos