reeves1985

Mini nvr questions

Hi,

Does someone experience problems in logging on goolink.org?

I am not able to do anything. I am almost sure that entered several days ago, now is im possible.

Niether new registration, nor password retreival.

BR

Hi,

I do not know why, but I am not able to do anything: nither to logon, nor to retrieve the password.

How it works, actually? My e-mail is requested or?

I have an N6200-8e. It is recording OK because I can playback recorded video but I can't backup video. I've tried using IE and also the Video Monitor Software that I downloaded for this NVR. Both show that it is processing and gets to 100% but there is nothing in the default backup location C:/Program Files (x86)/BACKUP.

Is the file being saved elsewhere or is the backup failing.

My backup attempts have been for just 5 min of present day and it takes a long time to get to 100%. Is this usual?

The Video Monitor software is nothing like the software shown in the documentation included in the download. Is there another application I can download?

Isn't backup backing up to the drive or flash disk connected to the NVR? When I was trying it, I connected flash disk to the NVR and backup (through the NVR gui) was backing it up to the flash disk. I haven't tried it through the browser or software though.

Isn't backup backing up to the drive or flash disk connected to the NVR? When I was trying it, I connected flash disk to the NVR and backup (through the NVR gui) was backing it up to the flash disk. I haven't tried it through the browser or software though.

Through the browser I got it to capture to the PC disk and using the Video Monitor software I got attempted to backup to the PC disk and it went through and completed but the resulting avi file was only 1K in size.

I'll try with a flash drive. If I remember correctly one of the options was local or remote which must refer to the backup disk.

personally i would ditch using ie with nvr.

nvr only works and not very well with ie and not with other browsers including w10 browser.

in windows use free vms software that allows you to change settings and view streams from nvr.

On android use goolink app.

many hours have been wasted trying to use browsers when the alternatives are way better.

personally i would ditch using ie with nvr.

nvr only works and not very well with ie and not with other browsers including w10 browser.

in windows use free vms software that allows you to change settings and view streams from nvr.

On android use goolink app.

many hours have been wasted trying to use browsers when the alternatives are way better.

What problems do you have with using it through browser? I don't have any, and it works with Chrome as well.

I would never use the cloud (i.e. the goolink app), as streaming all your cameras through some unknown chinese server is just ridiculous. But that's anyone's call.

Hello

I have a N6200-8E 20,151,231 Firmware and I arrived more to watch video away from home with goolink. (Wan)

At the local, but does it work with the 3G on my mobile phone. Does not work.

Someone can help me ?

I saw the Goolink_Firmware_20160302 file ca rule the problem?

If yes, how ? Update NVR?

Sorry for my English, I speak french

thank you in advance

I have re-applied the RTSP patch and RTSP streams finally work!

Hello,

Can explain how to use the patch "Goolink_Firmware_20160302"?

This is a small file via the nvr? (System Management, System Update), I'm afraid to erase the system. Goolink does not work out of my house (WAN), local is ok.

thank you in advance

Hello,

Can explain how to use the patch "Goolink_Firmware_20160302"?

This is a small file via the nvr? (System Management, System Update), I'm afraid to erase the system. Goolink does not work out of my house (WAN), local is ok.

thank you in advance

Hello everyone.

I also have mini nvr 8ch cotier brand. I have at home in addition to other more cotier brand of cameras, a dlink 5222l that until recently could not find it by using the NVR research. Then suddenly, he stopped to detect it. I already updated, restored, and more my dlink but without results. I upgraded to the latest version of the nvr, including the patch of March 2016 but nothing more. Does anyone know how to "find" by onvif my dlink camera? Thanks to anyone who will help. and sorry for my bad English as Italian.

I'm trying to find a comfortable method of exporting captured video from the NVR to a PC, i.e. without swapping drives or attaching a 2nd drive or usb storage device to the NVR. By creating a symlink in /root/web/www to /tmp/usb/sda1, I can download the files using a browser. But I still have to export the video using the ants gui over HDMI, and know the exact filename and wget it. There must be an easier way? Preferable something that can be automated with scripts. Specifying channel, start and end-time, run the export on the NVR, wget (or netcat) the file to PC and remove the original from the NVR. Can't find it in the webinterface but the goolink app does allow to export videos so there must be a way to imitate it with a script. Any ideas?

I'm trying to find a comfortable method of exporting captured video from the NVR to a PC, i.e. without swapping drives or attaching a 2nd drive or usb storage device to the NVR. By creating a symlink in /root/web/www to /tmp/usb/sda1, I can download the files using a browser. But I still have to export the video using the ants gui over HDMI, and know the exact filename and wget it. There must be an easier way? Preferable something that can be automated with scripts. Specifying channel, start and end-time, run the export on the NVR, wget (or netcat) the file to PC and remove the original from the NVR. Can't find it in the webinterface but the goolink app does allow to export videos so there must be a way to imitate it with a script. Any ideas?

If you will find a way how to do it, please share it here, I was looking around this too but was unable to come up with anything...

By the way the filename is easily reconstructable, it's just channel name and start and end times of the video, which you set when exporting it.

If you will find a way how to do it, please share it here, I was looking around this too but was unable to come up with anything...

By the way the filename is easily reconstructable, it's just channel name and start and end times of the video, which you set when exporting it.

Why are you doing it in so complicated way?

Open config (Under IE start/run command: iexplore 192.168.1.23 - put your ip) in ActiveX mode. Scroll to System Management/Local Settings. Chose one single local dir for all directories (Preview, Playback, Backup, File, Preview Record). Save settings.

Return to Playback and use backup button. Enter start&end time and change output to AVI. Press start and VOILA. Look into dir you have chosen before. There should be a subdirectory backup - and directory structure will show you data, time, channel and at the end avi file with recorded movie.

IT WORKS ONLY UNDER INTERNET EXPLODER!

I can't get the backup to work. In IE using ActiveX I go to Config > System Management > Local Settings. The default location is C:\Program Files (x86). I set it to C:\temp for all then hit "Save". I get a red "Success" then they all revert back to the default.

When I go to Playback > Backup and select the camera, time and avi but the Up to: shows C:\Program Files (x86)\BACKUP and can't be edited in this window. I click Start and the progress goes through until it is showing 100% but there is no file in C:\Program Files (x86)\BACKUP or any of the other folders shown in Local Settings. I've even tried deleting the folder and the backup completes at 100% without complaining. I suspect the file is being saved elsewhere but can't find it.

Hi all,

is there any windows software to use this mini nvr remotly with "Device Serial Number" or "GID" like Goolink App for Android. I don't use DDNS.

I am regisered to www.goolink.org website, I can open it in IE with ActiveX installed and I can watch my Camera live but cannot playback recorded videos

I cannot do it in Internet Explorer Web Browser. I use "Video Monitor Client" for windows but localy in my work (with Internal IP Address 192.168.....) and I can playback what is recorded on my external HDD. but I want to do it also remotly from my House.

Can I use "Video Monitor Client" with "Device Serial Number" or "GID" not "IP" or is there other Software?

Best Regards

Hi

I am currently exploring the remote access side of it as I intend for it to run in my attic. the software is very touchy about IE, my main pc shows the login screen but my laptop shows a chinese page. I have set the active x settings like for like and have downgraded to IE9.

An annoying aspect is that when remote accessing when you log off all the setup is lost, not the cams but the screen setup - i.e a 4 grid view.

Hi,

Thanks for sharing Your opinion.

You can also try Crome web browser with IE tab add-on installed (it supoorts ActiveX). I have some analog DAHUA DVR which also needs IE and activeX but it works perfectly with chrome IE tab

I'm not sure but Firefox may also have some plugin to work with IE activeX.

Before buying I asked the seller for manual to the mini NVR and it was mentioned there that this unit was tested with following HDD:

"The product supports external HDD only, including mobile HDD, hard-disk cartridge with E-SATA port.

We have tested following HDD brands and model numbers work with the mini NVR:

Seagate Backup Plus 1TB 2.5’’ USB3.0 mobile HDD, Model No.: STBU1000300

Seagate Expansion 1TB 2.5’’ USB3.0 mobile HDD, Model No.: STBX1000301

Seagate Expansion 2TB 3.5’’ USB3.0 external HDD, Model No.: STBV2000300

Western Digital (WD) Elements 1TB 2.5’’ USB3.0 mobile HDD, Model No.: WDBUZG0010BBK"

I have got 2,5' SATA HDD which I am planning to connect via following cable:

243513_1.jpg

I think it is also possible to connect 3,5 SATA HDD with external power supply 12V. USB port is 5V only which is ok with 2,5 HDD.

What is the firmware version of Your unit?

Maybe firmware/software is being developed and in latest version it automatically discover cameras.

My NVR has been shipped and I am awaiting it in about 20 days. In the meantime I am still thinking which IP cam to buy...

I am curious to know if you got the 3.5" Hard drive to operate with the cable you mentioned. I would like to use a 3.5" 2TB drive as they are half the price of the 2.5" hard drives. I have a Hitachi 2TB, 7200RPM, SATA 6.0Gb/s. It says 5V 450mA 12V 850mA on it.

I can't get the backup to work. In IE using ActiveX I go to Config > System Management > Local Settings. The default location is C:\Program Files (x86). I set it to C:\temp for all then hit "Save". I get a red "Success" then they all revert back to the default.

When I go to Playback > Backup and select the camera, time and avi but the Up to: shows C:\Program Files (x86)\BACKUP and can't be edited in this window. I click Start and the progress goes through until it is showing 100% but there is no file in C:\Program Files (x86)\BACKUP or any of the other folders shown in Local Settings. I've even tried deleting the folder and the backup completes at 100% without complaining. I suspect the file is being saved elsewhere but can't find it.

Does anyone on this forum backup their video from the drive on their N6200 NVR?

If so, how do you do it and where is the backup saved?

Open File tab - change dates to long time ago and today. Press search and check does under certain dates of backup files are found.

I know this device have terrible UX but Mike Mahon here does not care about it, this is chinesse way of making software. They don't care about user experience, user guide, flexiblity - it looks like the software was build for its dev not und users.

Hi

I am currently exploring the remote access side of it as I intend for it to run in my attic. the software is very touchy about IE, my main pc shows the login screen but my laptop shows a chinese page. I have set the active x settings like for like and have downgraded to IE9.

An annoying aspect is that when remote accessing when you log off all the setup is lost, not the cams but the screen setup - i.e a 4 grid view.

Hi,

Thanks for sharing Your opinion.

You can also try Crome web browser with IE tab add-on installed (it supoorts ActiveX). I have some analog DAHUA DVR which also needs IE and activeX but it works perfectly with chrome IE tab

I'm not sure but Firefox may also have some plugin to work with IE activeX.

Before buying I asked the seller for manual to the mini NVR and it was mentioned there that this unit was tested with following HDD:

"The product supports external HDD only, including mobile HDD, hard-disk cartridge with E-SATA port.

We have tested following HDD brands and model numbers work with the mini NVR:

Seagate Backup Plus 1TB 2.5’’ USB3.0 mobile HDD, Model No.: STBU1000300

Seagate Expansion 1TB 2.5’’ USB3.0 mobile HDD, Model No.: STBX1000301

Seagate Expansion 2TB 3.5’’ USB3.0 external HDD, Model No.: STBV2000300

Western Digital (WD) Elements 1TB 2.5’’ USB3.0 mobile HDD, Model No.: WDBUZG0010BBK"

I have got 2,5' SATA HDD which I am planning to connect via following cable:

243513_1.jpg

I think it is also possible to connect 3,5 SATA HDD with external power supply 12V. USB port is 5V only which is ok with 2,5 HDD.

What is the firmware version of Your unit?

Maybe firmware/software is being developed and in latest version it automatically discover cameras.

My NVR has been shipped and I am awaiting it in about 20 days. In the meantime I am still thinking which IP cam to buy...

I am curious to know if you got the 3.5" Hard drive to operate with the cable you mentioned. I would like to use a 3.5" 2TB drive as they are half the price of the 2.5" hard drives. I have a Hitachi 2TB, 7200RPM, SATA 6.0Gb/s. It says 5V 450mA 12V 850mA on it.

You don't have to be curious anymore, it won't work since there ara no 12V inside this cable. Also Esata cable without external power plug won't work since this device does not include power pins in esata connector.

Hi,

How can I enable Webserver service via telnet? I accidentally disabled and NVR doesnt't work via www now.. :-/