reeves1985

Mini nvr questions

Hi,

after checking my NVR's system, i discover that my firmware's date is 20150808 (the last?)

so i just update my system with : 20150808_Firmware_Enable_RTSP

I connect my camera ESCAM brick QD900 WIFI, first setup on ONVIF, on RTSP.

Motion detection has the same problem. i've the error message: ERROR DURING SAVING PARAMETER

Nothing has been changed

on a motion detection system that works, is anyone know what file is stored in this setting?

I might be directly edit the file?

Best regards

Hi,

after checking my NVR's system, i discover that my firmware's date is 20150808 (the last?)

so i just update my system with : 20150808_Firmware_Enable_RTSP

I connect my camera ESCAM brick QD900 WIFI, first setup on ONVIF, on RTSP.

Motion detection has the same problem. i've the error message: ERROR DURING SAVING PARAMETER

Nothing has been changed

on a motion detection system that works, is anyone know what file is stored in this setting?

I might be directly edit the file?

Best regards

I think (I am not shoure), that the error is because some of the settings you have in the NVR is not supported on 1 or more cameras....

I got similary error, but I notise that the settings that I wanted to save actually was saved on the camera..

PS: try to change 1 settings by time.. and click apply.. so see what settings that are not supported...

Eddie

Hi everyone,

Sorry for my english i'm french,

I have a ESCAM mini NVR 8 ch N6200 from Bangood, this model : http://www.banggood.com/Escam-Black-MINI-NVR-N6200-4Chanel-8Chanel-For-Security-IP-Camera-p-931172.html

I am running firmware v4.0 20150808 but my SONY CH120 Onvif cam not work to my nvr

My camera is well recognized but no picture appears...

Do you have a good firmware or a solution for my problem please ?

Thank you a lot,

Mick

Hi everyone,

Motion detection recording, i do have issue like some of you, when recording triggered by motion, it won't stop recording until NVR power off.

What is common cause and how to resolve it?

My equipments are: Escam NVR 8ch and Escam qd900wifi camera, on Onvif protocol.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Hey guys, i got one of these mini NVR's the other day and i set it all up last night. Everything works great, except i am not able to get it to record. I spent hours trying to figure it out. I am using a Seagate 2TB hard drive. It shows the drive connected to it and i select the Manual record option for all cameras, but it doesn't actually record...anyone help would be appreciated. I have looked through this thread but i haven't come across anything, unless i missed it. Is there a firmware update i need to do?

I have the same problem. Is there a solution known?

After attempting to update to the current firmware 20150808 my mini NVR is booting to a black screen.

I'm able to run a USB boot stick that allows me to run an update file. However, if I try to use any of the recent firmware files I get an error message "Wrong File".

Does anyone have a COMPLETE firmware install I can upload to my NVR?

OR since my NVR is booting to a USB Stick, does anyone have what I need to load from the stick to fix my NVR?

Thanks!!!

After attempting to update to the current firmware 20150808 my mini NVR is booting to a black screen.

I'm able to run a USB boot stick that allows me to run an update file. However, if I try to use any of the recent firmware files I get an error message "Wrong File".

OR since my NVR is booting to a USB Stick, does anyone have what I need to load from the stick to fix my NVR?

Thanks!!!

I think I can help you. I have a set of files for boatloader to mini NVR. I also have 4 sets of update files from urcctv, hdcctv, Cortier and suneyes. They all work but the ones from suneyes works best. My problem is that none of them seems to be able to get a usb hdd to work. I have several hdd's also a brand new one WD Elements 1TB.

Give me a email address and I send you.

Thanks!!!

I think I can help you. I have a set of files for boatloader to mini NVR. I also have 4 sets of update files from urcctv, hdcctv, Cortier and suneyes. They all work but the ones from suneyes works best. My problem is that none of them seems to be able to get a usb hdd to work. I have several hdd's also a brand new one WD Elements 1TB.

Give me a email address and I send you.

Would you mind to share the files with others?

Does someone have the problem with hanging after reboot or reformating HDD?

I have HDD connected via USB and I have suspection that this could be the problem...

Hi all,

I have ESCAM K108 and 6 cameras with 160Gb external USB disk 2.0. After 6 months recording just stoped working. No matter if i choose motion recording or non-stop recording. When mimi nvr restarts a few seconds there is red dot, which shows recording, then it stops. I also changed HHD and no resoults.

Anyone had problems like that?

And if there is new version for nvr (i have 4.0 - 2014) ?

Hi all.

Where can i find I16 update file?

Try to get my motion detection to work, some member have good luck with I16 protocol.

Try 20150124 and 20150808 firmware in my nvr, no I16 on both.

My equipment are qd900wifi camera and 8ch nvr.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I have a N6200-8E Mini NVR and it's working great. I just applied the patch to enable RTSP. I have a RTSP camera DreamStar model DSE-IPC213F.

The RTSP stream is rtsp://10.0.1.204:554/main and it's working fine on VLC player but I can't make it work on the NVR.

Any ideas about what I'm doing wrong?

[quote name="orsodimare

The "source" of the problem is a JS code that when you open the webpage checks a "MachineID" (based on the present HW) and sets a bunch of fields of the user interface to be hidden...

If you know how to edit a file with VI' date=' You can fix it for ever (actually, until the next update...), ask and I'll let you know.

Cheers, Bruno[/quote]

Thanks Orsodimare,

If you cound send me the solution it will be appreciate (and the utilisation of vi will launch me twenty five years before, when I was Young )

BR Stephane

No problem!

- telnet your_nvr_ip_address (root/antslq)

- cd web/www/public/js

- vi devicepara.js

- at line 990 you see function GetCustomizeMenu() that makes the check on the HW

- comment lines 1043 and 1052

- save and close devicepara.js

et voilà... you get the recording settings in the web interface.

Ciao, Bruno

PS: There are other fields to un-hide (e.g. to record the aux sub stream), but for me that is over my needs....

Hi orsodimare,

Thanks for you info, I tried your solution but it seems that the line numbers you have supplied do not match to the lines that I have in my file.

Do you know if there are updated instructions to this solution?

(also, OMG Vi is so hard to work out)

Thanks

Paul

I have tried commercial surveillance software costing from 50 dollars to thousands of dollars and, quite frankly, not a single one of the commercial products perform as well or have a better UI than the free software I have gotten with my cameras and NVRs. The free stuff definitely leaves a lot to desire but the paid stuff leaves even more to desire and, on top of that, you had to pay for it.

So I agree with you, patmas; the free software is well worth what we paid for it.

I think we all agree the software, especially the webif, sucks. You have to keep in mind you pay a very modest amount of money for the mini NVR hardware, and you get the software for free. Not really fair to compare that to a commercial piece of software with a price that exceeds that of the Mini NVR hardware. Of course it is much better.

I knew all this before purchasing the device. I just like to try and get the most out of the hardware, and I don't rely on it for anything important (aka a hobby project...).

It would be awesome to opensource (part of) the software. Maybe we could even get stuff like motion or zoneminder to replace the ants application. But this will likely never happen since the kernel modules are probably licensed from the SoC manufacturer (hilink) by Escam (and other mini nvr clone sellers) after signing nda contracts...

You have tried to use genius vision community edition?

It is free software and can handle up to 16 cam, allows you to do even coffee with your cameras and motion also it works great !!

Hello, Alberto

I have tried commercial surveillance software costing from 50 dollars to thousands of dollars and, quite frankly, not a single one of the commercial products perform as well or have a better UI than the free software I have gotten with my cameras and NVRs. The free stuff definitely leaves a lot to desire but the paid stuff leaves even more to desire and, on top of that, you had to pay for it.

So I agree with you, patmas; the free software is well worth what we paid for it.

I think we all agree the software, especially the webif, sucks. You have to keep in mind you pay a very modest amount of money for the mini NVR hardware, and you get the software for free. Not really fair to compare that to a commercial piece of software with a price that exceeds that of the Mini NVR hardware. Of course it is much better.

I knew all this before purchasing the device. I just like to try and get the most out of the hardware, and I don't rely on it for anything important (aka a hobby project...).

It would be awesome to opensource (part of) the software. Maybe we could even get stuff like motion or zoneminder to replace the ants application. But this will likely never happen since the kernel modules are probably licensed from the SoC manufacturer (hilink) by Escam (and other mini nvr clone sellers) after signing nda contracts...

UP UP UP,

I have a N6200-8E Mini NVR and it's working great. I just applied the patch to enable RTSP. I have a RTSP camera net camera 500.

The RTSP stream is rtsp://192.168.1.12:554/main and it's working fine on VLC player but I can't make it work on the NVR.

Any ideas about what I'm doing wrong?

Hi All,

Were HDD problems of V1 mini NVR already resolved (via FW)?

Is mini NVR V2 (with HDD caddy) suffering same HDD problems as the V1?

How often is mini NVR failing?

Thank you!

I bit the bullet and ordered one of these N6200 8 channel mini nvr's. I was expecting that it might be a pile of old pooh but with a few hours of fiddling it's working fine with my 3 Hikvision cameras. Even motion detection recording works which is a bonus. I hooked it up to a usb2 external drive as I don't have an e-sata one.

This is where I ordered from.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2014-New-Mini-NVR-ONVIF-2-0-P2P-Network-Video-Recorder-1080P-NVR-720P-for-Hikvision/1710552557.html

If you order from King Security just be aware that the software cd that he bundles with it didn't work for me and others have had the same problem. The seller is very responsive and quickly sent me a link to a download server - the problem was that the software I downloaded had a ddos virus built in which Avira thankfully caught.

For £25 delivered, I'm over the moon with it.

Hi, community.

Thanks for this post. It've been really helpful.

Here is my story.

I was looking for cheap NVR that I can mostly control remotely from my Android through my 4G plan.

So of course I got this Super Mini NVR. My version is ESCAM K108 which I think it should be called SCAM... really.

So I happen to get it to work with my IP cameras over ONVIF after an hour or two.

I got the Web Server public already (I got the ISP, port forwarding done already)

But I just cannot get the streams anywhere somehow.

There is this ESCAM Eye android app but it only works locally (perhaps an OpenVPN can work here but that was too complicated, it didn't work and I quit that)

So I was trying to get the RTSP streams out of the NVR through my public (just like you would do with a legacy DVR which was quite easier)...

I was not able to do that so for some reason, I cannot get the streams with RTSP out of the NVR.

It promised easy remote access over Android. Not so far easy at all... Most likely impossible. I got the Web portal to work though but I cannot be on a desktop. I need a mobile solution.

I thought it might be a bug, so I was like googling and found that this SCAM box is just a cheap copy of the OG, which seems to be the Xvision XRN0808E (correct me if I'm wrong).

I was thinking that if they are the same chipset, I don't think it might be a reason why I should not try to install its firmware with the upgrade tools.

I did with some struggles (I thought I bricked it but then I used the 3520d_U+Disk+Boot+Recovery+Files file with the XRN0808_Firmware_v4.0_20141009 files and I got it to work).

Now I have my ESCAM K108 running the Xvision XRN0808E firmware.

I thought that was gonna do it and then I realized... Xvision guys somehow has not open the RTSP port on this box. I don't even see the configuration on the Network Setting to change the RTSP port (on the ESCAM, I got that at least there in the configs. I now see some Multicast ports that were not there before on the ESCAM firmware, but I lost the RTSP port). It does not seem to be open on my public address anymore (with the ESCAM it was) which is a bad sign.

I tried to contact the ESCAM guys but well, you know how these chinese not good support companies are. Who knows who is behind those chats...

So I was wondering...

* Has anybody have been able to get this to work on an Android?

* Does anyone has the original ESCAM firmware for the K108 somewhere? (I don't even know how to dump that of the box and there is nothing on the Internet, so I didn't even bother to do that).

Any ideas?

Thanks for your time. (sorry for the long post)

Kindly,

- JJ

Regarding GOOLINK. I'm having trouble getting it to work for the past two weeks.

Device is offline all the time.

Is it the same for you guys?

Hello, Charlie.

Thank you so much for your comment.

That was it!. I follow what you mentioned and it worked!

I upgraded with the N6200-8E_20151231_Firmware file and on top, I upgraded with Goolink_Firmware_20151231. I now have GooLink working Ok.

Thank you so much Charlie

- JJ

JJ the best and simplest mobile app for android is goolink. And as for firmware escam just add their branding to the generic firmware found here http://www.urcctvstore.com/Download.html

Each firmware update (less frequent now) irons out bugs so would suggest using most recent.

Edited by Guest

Hello, guys.

I have two more questions.

(1st) The most important one: I need to disable TELNET and to enable SSH on this box because the port seem to be open on the public site.

I was able to access the Hilinux terminal and to gather some info out of it related to the running embedded Linux distro on this little box, but I don't know how to install (or activate SSH) and then close Telnet (TCP 23).

Any ideas?

(2nd) I want to feed the RSTP stream of every channel on this Mini NVR to VLC

I tried all of the possible combinations here:

http://helpdesk.cctvdiscover.com/network/rtsp_stream.html

and here:

http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=41650

I'm not sure if I got it straight. Here is what I think is the most common used here.*ignore the brackets*

[rtsp://:554/user=&password=&channel=1&stream=0.sdp?real_stream--rtp-caching=100]

Any ideas?

Thank you.

- JJ

Hey, @Minglar.

If you are still having problems with GooLink, I found on this guy's link:

http://ryan.com.br/blogs/quicktalk/2014/09/analise-de-um-mini-nvr-chines-com-suporte-a-onvif/#comment-27266

That he found on some russian page that this Mini NVR can use vMEye from Google PlayStore and the Remote Port that seem to be default 5050 should be 5050+3 which will be 5053...

Cheers

- JJ

Regarding GOOLINK. I'm having trouble getting it to work for the past two weeks.

Device is offline all the time.

Is it the same for you guys?