reeves1985

Mini nvr questions

i dont think so, i think you have to connect those to the cam itself

Ok, may be connected such network board relay to ip camera through a network protocol ?

Thanks.

there a lot of ways imageble. best is to connect to the cam, it would also be possible to just send a e-mail message and have the receiver of that mail run a script that acitivate something. this would not be as fast as connecting direct to the cam

When I bought the ip cameras I never thought that I'll need and alarm outputs ... Now I need alarm outputs and I would not buy another ip camera ...I thought that i can connect through a protocol with a relay network card ..

Just because i'm curious what are you gonna do with an external output?

When I bought the ip cameras I never thought that I'll need and alarm outputs ... Now I need alarm outputs and I would not buy another ip camera ...I thought that i can connect through a protocol with a relay network card ..

if you do so, place the cam in a place were you can be sure all movement is alarm worthy. Cams can be quit nervous where it comes to motion detection. It might give you a lot of fals alarms

Has anyone had problems with hard drives failing? I have had 2 old SATA laptop drives fail they were connected using a SATA to USB caddy and both drives have lasted about 1 month each then just failed and started making clicking sounds.

I don't have the mini nvr yet (currently shipping) but i like to do some research beforehand.

There is no SSH server in the firmware but you can login via telnet. As far as i remember the

login is: root/antslq

How did you log into nvr via ssh? What is user/password?

How do I do the dmsg command? I know how to login via telnet.

I tried the hard drives in my pc and they both work fine, it seems as thought the nvr is not supplying enough power to them after a while.

Im going to try a proper external portable drive instead of the cheap ebay usb caddy I have used.

How do I do the dmsg command? I know how to login via telnet.

Ok, i thought you had a serial cable connected that would be the best.

Anyway just enter 'dmesg' after boot up via telnet. You'll get a lot of boot up messages.

I like to investigate how to get the XVISION firmware flashed to those mini nvrs.

I can't wait to get mine

I tried the hard drives in my pc and they both work fine, it seems as thought the nvr is not supplying enough power to them after a while.

Im going to try a proper external portable drive instead of the cheap ebay usb caddy I have used.

Interesting that this box can't deliver enough Power via USB

well it has worked fine for 3 months, and i plugged another old drive in and it worked, it must be the cheap usb caddy im using not transfering the power to the drive

Please I Need your Help !

Hi friends of china hardware,

I want to connect the mini NVR Dongjia DA-2008 GM-B with two IP-Cams NVSIP / Janrs JA-1080 FB-WIFI from Aliexpress. The cameras are not found automatically, but also many attempts with the manual settings did not help.

Here have read a lot about it, but found no success so far-making reference.

From "despair" I've 20140416 played the update of Xvision using a USB stick. Then unfortunately only start screen and then out. Other Updat files are dismissed as falch.

Is anyone from the circle of mini NVR experienced so nice and can give me a hint for revival of the NVR.

Have the seller at Aliexpress Dongjia asked for help - unfortunately this remains silent.

regards

disosa

Hi GhostRider,

many thanks for your quick response. It gives me hope, that I can save my mini NVR.

But has yet to make myself acquainted with telnet.

Have I understood correctly, the Statement:

1. USB-Stick empty / formatted and copy file "0153 - recover files ..." with 4 subfiles and then rename it from "0153 - re .." in "short i.e." ?

1.1. Or must I have the USB-Sick before to prepared with "Microsoft USB Flash Drive Manager"?

2. Do I have the factory-IP-name "192.168.1.188", or the last set of my IP address "192.168.1.103" enter?

3. Are the type "£" in the text - for example in: "run CMD£¬to DOS£¬" a command sign or is that to leave out? Or the symbol for the Enter key?

Many thanks to you and the forum community for the support

many greetings

dirosa

Telnet not want to work .. I have first the problem with the - "Port 23 - no connection" - to eliminate.

rename the files to a shorter name so its easier to type them

put them on a usb stick and plug into your NVR

go to your pc and run telnet programme like Putty

Use the ip address that you know is of the NVR, you can use an app like inet to search your network to find the NVR ip if you have an iphone/android or login to your router and see attached devices

use putty as your telnet programme

http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/

type in the ip address of the nvr and connect

user: root

password: antslq

run these commands without the #

#fdisk -l

#ls

#mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/

#cd /mnt/

#flashcp -v

#flashcp -v u-boot.bin.3520d /dev/mtd0

#flashcp -v app.squashfs.3520d /dev/mtd3

#flashcp -v rfs.squashfs.3520d /dev/mtd2

#reboot

H GhostRider,

I came on.

With the program puttytel.exe I get access to assuming 192.168.1.188.

The mini NVR booted but only if the USB stick is prepared with the Startup Files "repair broken XVision XRN0808" contains.

Access and flash ok the 3 files.

But:

1. When you mount, came the message "failed: Device or resource busy"

2. The flash-files "app ....." and "rfs......" ended in writing 99%.

3. After reboot, the system stopped after the start picture.

4. Then I have updated with the file from the Dongjia-HP.

The mini nvr takes after flashing a new update, but I've probably incorrect versions.

If the message "device - busy" or "writing 99%", a clue to the source of trouble?

Are the recovery files for Xvision or DA-2008 GM?

best regards

Dirosa

Hi GhostRider,

thanks for the preceding description.

The flashing will repeat one more time.

Only the "resource busy" is suspected to affect the flash. There are no further messages failed. In writing 99%, there is no error message expliziede

From the seller I received a download-link with new firmware which solved 2 of the 3 issues I had.

https://mega.co.nz/#!Y14kWRhZ!8F3YrJ6ONdFPJ3Ol-K21mk0WZ0AtqdJ-04PVW2FqCdI

The only problem I still have now is the motion detection issue. I'm trying to record in motion detection with 2 diffirent IP-camera's but I don't succeed. I am also not able to modify the bitrate of the stream from the camera's, when I change it in the 'video parameters' section and save it the NVR says 'save sucsessfully' but when I re-enter this menu section, the value is back at where it was. So it looks like the onvif is not doing what it should do.

I hope someone can help me with this.

Thanks!