maverick786us

Home Security

Can someone recommend me a good, reliable, durable and easy to install and configure IP / CCTV cameras for the home, which connects using Wifi and can be configured using iOS and Android? 360 degree view will be additional advantage

I am a cheap skate or a savvy buyer maybe.  So I'll mention the cheap ones I have had but no 360 degree ones.

Maybe you are after a DVR box type with IP Cameras but here is some information on cheap stand alone ones.

All these you have to have patience and not mind mucking around with the a bit.  I have been using the V380 ones for quite a while and been good.  I could check the cameras from overseas on my IPhone.  You actually search V380 to locate the cameras on sites.

V380 Version

I have had for years these well in the 720P version and this is an updated 1080P.  They may now have QR code to set up but if not they can take a while to set up Sometimes you can do it in 2 minutes.  That is set up with an IPhone etc.   On my Geek IPhone app I have this exact camera for $22.  This one is $35 so go searching.  Occasionally EBay have them around $25.

https://geek.wish.com/product/5a7518180e39882737375378?&hide_login_modal=true

Digoo Name Brand Version.

My daughter bought three Digoo BB-M1  IP cameras which look the same as the V380 ones.  I set one up for her and it worked great but she moved it and could not get it going again.  So I have the three Digoo IP cameras for a couple of months and only today I could not see anything on the Micro SD Card.  I just rebooted it and all good again.

To get the Digoo cameras going it was quick and easy as it had a QR code to scan.  But there are features you have to set up the way you want them.  Either record on movement or full time record plus other stuff which takes a while to understand.  It is just what you have to do with any IP camera.  I think there is a Version 2 -  Digoo BB-M2 which would be a bit dearer. 

Yahoo I just found Version 2 for AU $28        https://www.banggood.com/Digoo-BB-M2-Mini-WiFi-Camera-USB-Wireless-IP-CAM-Home-Security-HD-720P-RTSP-PTZ-Audio-Onvif-p-1097872.html?cur_warehouse=CN

I would say that is a good buy but check them out on youtube and review sites.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=digoo+m2

That should be good and worth buying one at least.  I have paid $100 for ip cameras in the past and they have been useless.  Pity I wasted that money on name brand cameras but these new ones were not around then.

See what you think.

Col

Edited by Firepower
  • Thanks 1

Maverick, wifi  are isn't very reliable do to possible interference from all these wifi gadgets now a days, They will fail right when you need them. 1 wifi camera might be ok, but the more you add the problems.

This looks like a good deal, but you will need to buy a hard drive. https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?sdtid=12321619&SID=84fd9180038c11e99fd8dee7c78a78dc0INT&AID=10446076&PID=1225267&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&Item=N82E16881183095&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=IGNEFL112218&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-Slickdeals LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&ignorebbr=1&cm_sp=

My friend tommy found this one... https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HIKVISION-OEM-8CH-4K-CCTV-KIT-DS-7608NI-I2-8P-NVR-4MP-Dome-IP-IR-H-265-HD-Camera/263561965076?var=&hash=item3d5d846e14

Edited by 51cent
  • Thanks 1

That is not a 360 camera. 

And if you think that cheap crap is better than IP for $100 then your wrong.

table top cameras are pointless. People need to think and reaserch what they need.

table top cameras can not see who comes to your door.... Can't detected any damage to cars outside......can not see if damage don't to gardens of home exterior 

and  that table top camera for $28. What about in home privacy.  Why have a camera in your home living room that footage and sound goes off to a 3rd party could be 100s of strangers watching you in your own home day and night

so is $28 home security .....NO.  STAY AWAY FROM CHEAP GEEK CRAP

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have had a DVR system for years but just use the newer stand alone ones fill in for where I have not had time to run the cable through my three roofs and two walls.  I would have had 15 stand alone ones over the years and the old ones even the $100 was not reliable.

I even bought last year a $140 name brand stand alone but gave it away as it did not take a Micro SD card and only saved to the Cloud.  That is good if they steal your camera but I did not want to pay the monthly fee.

So the current ones I have are working great and even had one pointed at my security system so I can see if the house alarm has gone off.  That has been very handy for years but will put my main DVR system camera to cover that seeing I can now get the eight cameras on my main system showing on my IPhone.

I have had the stand alone ones outside monitoring outside the rear of the house where it is close to the router and protected under my BBQ roof.

I have had a stand alone IP camera monitoring the front door through a window near the front door and continuously recording to a 64gb Micro SD card until I was able to view my main DVR system on my IPhone.   The stand alone ones can always be hacked and people can view and hear what is on the camera.  There is good viewing of that on youtube.

The DVR system is always the best way but the stand alone ones are good depending on peoples budget and the security required.  That is seeing the new ones have proven to me to be quite reliable.

Edited by Firepower
  • Thanks 1

Thank you, I am a new to CCTV / IP Camera world. Which one of these 2 is better, My budget is upto 100$, my dad already have CCTV camera deployed in the house, I will provide the name of the OEM, the biggest problem i find with my current model is configuring it with DVR, a small touch can result in disconnection and that while circuit is messy, hard for me to understand.

Whats the difference between CCTV and IP Cameras, and which one should be preferable under what circumstances? I don't want to pay any monthly subscription

38 minutes ago, maverick786us said:

Thank you, I am a new to CCTV / IP Camera world. Which one of these 2 is better, My budget is upto 100$, my dad already have CCTV camera deployed in the house, I will provide the name of the OEM, the biggest problem i find with my current model is configuring it with DVR, a small touch can result in disconnection and that while circuit is messy, hard for me to understand.

Whats the difference between CCTV and IP Cameras, and which one should be preferable under what circumstances? I don't want to pay any monthly subscription

Hi. Your budget is a big problem $100 for recorder and cameras. Can't be done.

just look at the price of a hard drive and most of your budget has gone.

either buy cheap junk fro eBay and waste your $100 or build a system each month by adding to it. I would start of with buying a NVR and each month by a camera

• Thanks 1

On 12/22/2018 at 6:12 AM, Jasonn1 said:

I found the best security cameras for me and highly recommend it to you! The perks of a light bulb camera are endless, starting from good quality because of the lighting and finishing with WiFi capabilities. Check all the details here https://geeklah.com/best-light-bulb-camera.html

OK after my last post, i googled the difference between a CCTV Camera and an IP Camera.

"The main difference between IP cameras and CCTV cameras is IP camera work within your LAN network. It can wired or wireless. They usually login using computer by typing in their IP address directly. And on the other side the CCTV cameras work on their own system connected to DVR with cable."

So IP camera will be better for me. I want to avoid the DVR and junk of cable mess. When I said 100$, it is just for the camera, I will pay separate for the Hard Drive, I have an ASUS dual WiFi router, which has USB ports, so i can mount a WD passport drive in it for recording. 

On 12/21/2018 at 6:27 PM, tomcctv said:

Hi. Your budget is a big problem $100 for recorder and cameras. Can't be done.

just look at the price of a hard drive and most of your budget has gone.

either buy cheap junk fro eBay and waste your $100 or build a system each month by adding to it. I would start of with buying a NVR and each month by a camera

On 12/22/2018 at 6:12 AM, Jasonn1 said:

I found the best security cameras for me and highly recommend it to you! The perks of a light bulb camera are endless, starting from good quality because of the lighting and finishing with WiFi capabilities. Check all the details here https://geeklah.com/best-light-bulb-camera.html

Thanks guys after my last post, i googled the difference between a CCTV Camera and an IP Camera.

"The main difference between IP cameras and CCTV cameras is IP camera work within your LAN network. It can wired or wireless. They usually login using computer by typing in their IP address directly. And on the other side the CCTV cameras work on their own system connected to DVR with cable."

So IP camera will be better for me. I want to avoid the DVR and junk of cable mess. When I said 100$, it is just for the camera, I will pay separate for the Hard Drive, I have an ASUS dual WiFi router, which has USB ports, so i can mount a WD passport drive in it for recording. 

6 minutes ago, maverick786us said:

So IP camera will be better for me. I want to avoid the DVR and junk of cable mess. When I said 100$, it is just for the camera, I will pay separate for the Hard Drive, I have an ASUS dual WiFi router, which has USB ports, so i can mount a WD passport drive in it for recording

Hi. Google is not always right. 

Pc based is over lan network (dedicated) on switch gear for camera connection. 

Nvr based camera don’t need to be on lan. Cameras can connect direct to recorder and also be powered on same cable if poe 

hard drive on your router is not the way 

you need to do more homework before you waste money. 100% cable is the best option wireless always gives problems. Poweline plugs with ip cameras is the best way to go if cables are a problem

• Thanks 1

Hi, cameras with DVR would be in more stable connection. IP cameras lose connection sometimes. But IP camera would be good working in the house, not really good for working outdoors.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Ronniezrzr said:

Hi, cameras with DVR would be in more stable connection. IP cameras lose connection sometimes. But IP camera would be good working in the house, not really good for working outdoors.

Please tell us why ip will disconnect ?

and why do ip only work in the home. 

Why don’t they work outdoors ??

but for your reference.... most outdoor cameras are ip worldwide. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, tomcctv said:

Please tell us why ip will disconnect ?

and why do ip only work in the home. 

Why don’t they work outdoors ??

but for your reference.... most outdoor cameras are ip worldwide. 

I'm not really sure. As I know, the wifi wireless IP camera loses connection sometimes. Security camera system with DVR would be more stable.

11 hours ago, Ronniezrzr said:

I'm not really sure. As I know, the wifi wireless IP camera loses connection sometimes. Security camera system with DVR would be more stable.

It randomly disconnects because of the wifi, not because of it being an ip camera.

if you want good product you should buy commercial grade product, probably you will need help on configuring it. i would recommend buying Hikvision brand is really reliable and good pricing.

You need to check with a professional about the 360 degree camera, not always this cameras are apropiate for the area to be covered.

good luck!!!

Edited by larry
removed advert
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, dicsan1001 said:

if you want good product you should buy commercial grade product, probably you will need help on configuring it. i would recommend buying Hikvision brand is really reliable and good pricing

You need to check with a professional about the 360 degree camera, not always this cameras are apropiate for the area to be covered.

good luck!!!

Thank you, yes for initial setup the I do need help from the manufacturer. But i don't want a situation, where something goes wrong with the wires or in future if i change the router I have to be dependent on the OEM again and again.