ayalas

whats the diffrents in bw and color

can any one tell me the diffrents between a bw cam and a color one.i know that with a bw cam you get better details.i need to explain this to a client.

can any one tell me the diffrents between a bw cam and a color one.i know that with a bw cam you get better details.i need to explain this to a client.

B&W cameras are negligible and are far outweighed by the advantages of color video. The only exceptions to this are low-light situations where the use of supplemental infrared lighting may be required to adequately illuminate the target area during nighttime or other low, or zero, light conditions. Since infrared illumination is only effective using B&W cameras this is the only situation where such cameras would be recommended.

You dont have to be a pro to know the difrentce between bw and color.im new to this all im asking is for more info on it.The reason i ask is cause a client ask why are some bw cams more expensive than color and are the same brand.Thank you for the 411 on it scousegitt.

You dont have to be a pro to know the difrentce between bw and color.im new to this all im asking is for more info on it.The reason i ask is cause a client ask why are some bw cams more expensive than color and are the same brand.Thank you for the 411 on it scousegitt.

some bw camaras have a higher refresh rate and a zero lux sensor which means that they can see in conditions of total darkness if aided by infrared light (which cannot be seen by the human eye). The advantages of these camaras is that they can be installed in situations were it is not practical to have a light source (which IS visible to humans) installed. Colour camaras start to lose their capabilities once dusk has fallen unless aided by visible light ie- flood lamp. I would be interested to know what application your client requires and the situation in which the camara will be used, then I could advise you more. Infrared light gives off just a barely red glow which is a lot less obtrusive than say a flood light.

In a stressfull situtaion such as a robbery it is nice to tell if the person had a blue coat or a green one etc. Plus if the person is activitly monitoring they are much more likely to see movement with a color monitor than a b.w image. ( Seems like sombody did a study on that but can't rmember where i saw it probably on this forum)

Thank u for the info.no hard feelings,i know in a way its a silly question but i did learn something new by asking it.

sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings. No harm intended. However it looks like you have some good explanations.

You were dead on, if you don't know the difference you have no business designing systems. Have a pro design it and you run the wires and mount the mounts.

Infrared light gives off just a barely red glow which is a lot less obtrusive than say a flood light.

Pure infrared light is invisible, however, most CCD sensors sensitivity drops off dramatically anywhere past near-IR (NIR) light levels (~850nm) which is why most CCD IR illuminators give off a faint red glow.

Many manufacturers have tried to market camera's and illuminators that use invisible IR light (~940nm) but because of the sensitivity of the sensor they have to use hugely powerful illuminators (e.g. clusters of 5W luxeon style led's) just to get the same sort of results as you would get from a small bank of 5mm NIR led's.

Because of this most of these "invisible" IR camera manufacturers disappear off the market quite quickly.