cachecreekcctv

Mosquito teenager deterrent

Just wondering if anyone on this forum has purchased, or know who carries the Mosquito Teenager Deterrent device? I believe they are made in the U.K., but I am sure by now, someone in the USA carries them.

That would have driven me nuts well into my twenties. I was able to hear 22kHz in my late teens and when I was 25 I worked in a store that had an ultrasonic sensor in its alarm system. That was supposedly 19kHz. It gave me headaches.

This product's specs say that it is above 16kHz. That would have been well into my hearing range.

I can go to "freemosquitoringtones.com" and hear the difference . Just wondering if anyone on this forum has ordered/installed one ? Anyone on this forum sell them?

I saw them in vegas and I think VSSCCTV has them also.

Are we talking liability issues? What if I live/work in a nearby apt etc and it impacts my job/life? You are installing an active device designed to annoy a certain group of people???

I definitely think the device has its' purpose. Lets figure that most grafitti is done by teenagers. I wouldn't install the device in a residential application for sure. I have a service station customer in which I installed cameras last year for him. On Friday and Saturday nights, he has tons of teenagers that hang around behind his station and cause all sorts of trouble. The one camera in the back works, but he normally has only one person working the store part of the station, and cannot go outside all night to chase them away. These kids are in the 12 to 16 age group. I watched the video that plays on the Mosquito website, and it is almost the same scenario. Just wanted to know if anyone on this forum has used the Mosquito yet.

oscillator 16-20 khz---> car sound amp----> tweeter

one day we should try

That all they have inside box plus trigger circuit

According to the tech specs

http://www.mosquito.ie/downloads/Technical_information_Mosquito.pdf

they are not allowed to be resold or distrubuted to the USA or Canada.

Personally, I would be worried about liability issues, although the police and councils in the UK have used them, and recommended them (but the UK police and councils are not known for being that technical, or even clear thinking!) there could be problems in the future (maybe someone suing for hearing loss/damage due to long term exposure, or assault due to exposure etc as the device is non-discriminatory and targets anyone with decent hearing.)

But you know the cctv industry, specs are a illusion to many suppliers, they either make them up, alter them, or ignore them.

No idea about the official rules for mosquito in usa, just going by the document on their own site, which states not for export/sale to usa..

Maybe those distributers are selling them 'illegally' or maybe they made a specific deal with the manu, who knows..

But if they are selling them illegally, then liability issues are compounded, someone could sue for the use of a device that is not meant to be even sold in the USA....

I don't think this is new technology.

I used to sell a device called the sonic nauseator that worked but I don't see listed anymore. I have since built (from a kit) an inexpensive handheald device that seems to work on most teens and some adults.

Amazing1 DOTCOM ultrasonic devices.