scorpion

Digital Video Security Development Kit

Also, regarding Analog Devices products, I had major issues with their latest batch of HD onboard Audio (Soundmax), see the following thread (there are also a couple threads over on Asus' web site, though it is not an Asus issue, besides them using the product in theirs, and Asus has now switched to Realtek).

Hopefully that doesn't speak for all their products, but thought I would mention it anyway:

http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=9354

Do you know who uses Nucleus in their embedded DVRs?

GE for one, at least they did for many years, back from the Kalatel days.

Initially it was DM who started using... then it Kalatel visited the formula, but later they changed it... I know that Sanyo initially was shipping their DVRs with this platform, but later backed off... I wander if DM is still using it?...

Unless if they changed their platform in the recent years, then no... I know this for the fact that all their initially pushed DVRs were based on this platform....

This post is #23

the regular GE dvmre and storesafes still use (or did) nucleus though right? (not the Pro or v2 versions)

I got 2 of the CBR-16's here .. got from a client that upgraded to a DVR .. wonder what they use .. ?

Insanity!

I was bored, and I knew if I threw it in everyone would come alive!

Now I have an "excuse" so that I do not have to do the "honey do list".

I believe so, but I can have it checked tomorrow... We wanted to work on their DVRs with features that we required for our apps... no matter what we did or offered, they did not want any changes...

However, anything and everything GE DVRs (or Kalatel is how many remember), we maintain and upgrade no problems... except they will not give us access to their firmware... oh well, you win some and loose some..

the regular GE dvmre and storesafes still use (or did) nucleus though right? (not the Pro or v2 versions)

I got 2 of the CBR-16's here .. got from a client that upgraded to a DVR .. wonder what they use .. ?

Just talked to one of our engineers here... the DVMRe series is still based on Nucleus... this is 100%

I think CBR-16 are the single channel and the older version and I think there were based on the same Nucleus OS...

Just talked to one of our engineers here... the DVMRe series is still based on Nucleus... this is 100%

I think CBR-16 are the single channel and the older version and I think there were based on the same Nucleus OS...

thanks for checking

Yeah the CBR is the mux .. got 2 of them, I also have an old DSR-1000e here .. not using right now though.

Nice analog video.It's really useful.We wanted to work on their DVRs with features that we required for our apps... no matter what we did or offered, they did not want any changes...

Hi,

Yeah you are right at your point that at some point we loose and we get. About the DVRs then, DVR comes up with complete kit that includes monitor, hard disk, CCTV cameras, brackets, cables everything and GE is a very renowned company which provides quality DVRs and GE recorders are also so well that they are integrate with other softwares.

Thanks!

Scorpion,

Thanks for the links

I had a question about the DVR equipment, though. Do you have any experience with Samsung?

Warm regards,