rory

MegaPixel Cameras - Images and Demos

The cameras are Mobotix M12D-SEC 3MP day, 1MP night. I tried Arecont, but to me, not as good but a little cheaper.

Edited by Guest

Basler camera user interface:

118742_2.jpg

Screenshot, not full size. If it would cost some 30% less, then I would say its good value for money.

118742_1.jpg

Edited by Guest

Okay, got a couple of my own. Recently added some cameras to a fuel cardlock. We put an IQ511 in an EH3508 housing watching a fenced compound, and a WV-CW484 dome watching about the same area (don't ask, it wasn't my idea).

Here are the comparisons (you can see the dome in the IQ's frame). Note that the night shots were grabbed just after installation was complete, before any image/setup adjustments were done. 484s recorded at 704x480; IQ511s are 1.3MP so you'll have to click to view them full-size.

118930_1.jpg

118930_2.jpg

136242_1.jpg

136242_2.jpg

Hah... Niiiiiice doggie...

He is nice, sleeps strange:

copyof01t.jpg

What, does he think he's a cat or something??

What, does he think he's a cat or something??

God knows But one thing is for sure - he thinks he is cool army style guy, abusing older dog

118932_1.jpg

a WV-CW484 dome watching about the same area (don't ask, it wasn't my idea).

Is the 484 designed to be mounted like that? Are both sections of the white clam shell waterproof? I have the 502, and I thought it was designed to be mounted under an eve and that only the lower clam shell and dome was designed to be exposed to rain.

136242_2.jpg

Is the 484 designed to be mounted like that? Are both sections of the white clam shell waterproof? I have the 502, and I thought it was designed to be mounted under an eve and that only the lower clam shell and dome was designed to be exposed to rain.

136242_2.jpg

Think that might be a WV-CP484 box cam in a enclosure with sunshield, not WV-CW484 dome.....

The 484 can be side mounted. There are markings for "this end up" inside, so the drain holes are in the right spot. ftp://ftp.panasonic.com/pub/Panasonic/cctv/OperatingInstructions/WV-CW484%20Series%20Operating-Instructions.pdf

The 484 can be side mounted. There are markings for "this end up" inside, so the drain holes are in the right spot.

Thanks. I knew it could be side mounted, I just didn't know it could be side mounted exposed to the elements.

Best,

Christopher

I have to admit, that comparison against the 484 is pretty compelling. It almost makes me want to upgrade to IP for a couple of my cameras.

Yeah, the backbox doesn't seal watertight to the main part of the enclosure, but the main dome itself is sealed. And yes, that is the CW484 dome.

Okay, got a couple of my own. Recently added some cameras to a fuel cardlock. We put an IQ511 in an EH3508 housing watching a fenced compound, and a WV-CW484 dome watching about the same area (don't ask, it wasn't my idea).

Here are the comparisons (you can see the dome in the IQ's frame). Note that the night shots were grabbed just after installation was complete, before any image/setup adjustments were done. 484s recorded at 704x480; IQ511s are 1.3MP so you'll have to click to view them full-size.

Your 484 is way out of focus or something terribly wrong with it or the DVR. I can get a better image from a $50 bullet.

Your 484 is way out of focus or something terribly wrong with it or the DVR. I can get a better image from a $50 bullet.

When I'm able to get a lift in there again with my new service monitor, I can fine-tune it. I had to rely on the ABF and a small monitor in dusk conditions to set it up.

The difference should still be pretty obvious. Both cameras are recording to the same Vigil DVR using its MJPEG/Aztech codec.

Oops, sorry, realized you were talking about the 484 dome that you could see on the wall, not that it was the shot from that cam. Saw sunshield ears, that's why.

You might be interested to try a shootout between the Iqeye and a Pano WV-NP502 (or the 504 dome) for a fairer comparison.

BTW, as much as I love the analog 484, I'm not really as impressed with the new analog 502....