rory

MegaPixel Cameras - Images and Demos

Using my NUUO DVR and this snapshot taken on my home PC (so done remotely). This is a dumbed down printscreen shot of an ACTi 7411 and an unmarked 500TVL bullet camera side by side. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the difference here

I installed the latest firmware and profile on the 7411 last night so I did not touch any of the default image settings.

mpanacompare.jpg

Hey Soundy, which HIK do you have there buddy? The ones we have down here are all POE is why I ask.

There's also the settings menu that you can pull up through their interface if you choose camera preset #95. It's weird they put it there but its in there.

Hey Soundy, which HIK do you have there buddy? The ones we have down here are all POE is why I ask.

There's also the settings menu that you can pull up through their interface if you choose camera preset #95. It's weird they put it there but its in there.

Preset 95 is what calls the setup menu in Pelco PTZ's, guess they are following Pelco protocols REALLY closely?

Model number is listed there with the attached images above.

The newer VGL-branded cameras may have been PoE, I don't know... but these older ones didn't work with it.

Interesting, I'll play with that when I get the chance.

Sanyo HD4600 at night

Do you have a image?

Yes, uploaded now in previous post. Tomorrow i will post day image

Using my NUUO DVR and this snapshot taken on my home PC (so done remotely). This is a dumbed down printscreen shot of an ACTi 7411 and an unmarked 500TVL bullet camera side by side. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the difference here

I agree, thats a real crappy bullet camera. (or its not focused, or its faulty, or the DVR is not setup correctly)

I agree, thats a real crappy bullet camera. (or its not focused, or its faulty, or the DVR is not setup correctly)

Rory the problem with his sample (3RDIGLBL ) is

He did not posted properly

He should show 7411 in full (native res) versus CIF or D1 from his bullet

then you can truly see difference

just my opinion

So, Sanyo HD are excellent cameras, very high image quality, dynamics range, unbelievable "real" CMOS sensitivity, but with lots of "stupid" things in camera settings. Of course, that settings has some logic, but that logic sometimes difficult "prove" to customer an make lots of restrictions.... Also, good engineer can find good settings, instead of factory, but thats impossible due to setup flexibility restrictions....

One of settings example:

settings.thumb.jpg.de8c245be881cfef0254d2b00f7bae24.jpg

Rory the problem with his sample (3RDIGLBL ) is

He did not posted properly

He should show 7411 in full (native res) versus CIF or D1 from his bullet

then you can truly see difference

just my opinion

I did say it was a remote image and main purpose was just to show the difference in image quality. The post was not supposed to be a full (native res) as I did not intend that so I posted it properly for what I intended I do not need to do what you said in order to see a clear difference in the image quality.

Its SO hard to set varifocal lense in focus. Any ideas how to get lense in focus? It needs to be turned like 1/10 of mm, but you can you do it by hand?

Lot of times I find it easier to get it "close" with the focus ring, then fine-tune focus using the zoom ring - generally seems to be less "sensitive" on most lenses.

I use same trick to adjust the focusing ring. " title="Applause" />

Images from Avigilon 16MP-HD-PRO-C

Canon 35 mm F2.0

126807_1.jpg

Sigma 20 mm F1.8

126807_2.jpg

Edited by Guest

Resolution comparison

2 megapixel camera (1600x1200)

126808_1.jpg

Avigilon 16MP-HD-PRO-C with Canon 24-70 mm

126808_2.jpg

Edited by Guest

rise, I get "Link appears to be broken" on the second link in each post.

Thank you man,

i revised links.