Ghazi

gv900-8 channel

1. what is the best of the best price anyone could pay for gv900-8channel 240 fps.

2. can any of u check this out, and thier software, at www.dvrmart.com

and let me know, what kind of card is that?

1. Nobody is going to answer your first question - it should be in dealer section.

2. And I've never used GV900 for 8 channel system 'cause its insane - try GV800 at least...

What do you mean by gv-900-8 is insane? It is a 240FPS card...30FPS per channel...15 FPS per channel in 640x480. It is an ideal card for an 8 channel system. Is it not?

15 fps is usually overkill.

for sure. Thats near real time motion ...in fact its hard to tell the difference between that and 30fps most of the time. Even 8fps is really good. Lower than 5fps then it gets "dodgy", but still, in the old days 0.1 fps and lower on each camera, was a norm and on VCR Tapes

all ive built is gv900 and gv1000 systems,

I think anything under 15fps per camera on an 8 ch system is poor.

I use standalones if they cant afford a pc based machine...

Id prefer quality then just a machine...

25fps pal is the best our opposistion cant beat us with 100 fps global on 16 cameras. hahahaha

cheers

i needed one 8 channels, 240fps.... the guy here in chicago is charging one with dvrmart.com board and software.... 2.8g intel 512ram, 8 days recording.. and 17 flat panel monitor $5200... i think i probably could make on with geo or something better with that price i guess.. but dont know much about making it anyway.. i though gv900 would be better than gv800 cuz of more frame per second....

Ahhh

You just dont use GV900 for 8 channels period. Like Thomas said its an overkill. Tell me this - what kind of environment are looking to install this system in? If you set up half of those cameras on motion detection -- you can use GV650 just fine. I use GV800 for really picky customers. The difference between 30fps and 15fps is not recognizable by human eye! Nobody except for you will know it

60pps on 16 channels is still good, using smart motion detection, its great.

In fact we still set it to 5pps, and then divide that between the cameras, it is still exceptable, plain and simple. Quality, Stability, Ease of use, and No Maintenance, are priorities in any security system.

Has anyone dealt with this company, do u guys think they are legit... the cost of gv-900 seems good to me... http://www.defencemeasures.com/gv248chpcidv.html#

second question is there is good deal at dell for 499 with 17 inch flat panel and 512 ram P4 2.8

like to know the either geovision or i-view will work with this pre configure systems. or I HAVE TO MAKE MY OWN SYSTEM.... ARE THEY NOT GOING TO WORK THIS DELL?

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/category.aspx/desktops?c=us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd

please advise thanks

That answer my first question, thanks for the answer, now can anyone tell me if the dell systems works with those dvr, i mean geo and i-view

I had many questions and researched for days ... Found ALOT of junk out there and MANY pirated boards, never knew how big the problem was until I started contacting manufacturers.

I found this forum and purchased I-view from Hermin... I almost went Geo, but price was just too high for my first card. The countless people I spoke with claimed they were the "Authorized" dealer - I ran into this problem on all brandnames.

Wish I had found this forum sooner, could have saved many ZZzz's and most important - alot of BEER.

However, you can find TRUE dealers here of QUALITY cards and not have to worry about junk, pirated versions or CUSTOMER SERVICE ... updates are critical for some brands --- think I remember reading about alot of people getting burned on pirated Geo cards not being able to upgrade.

Either way ... bottom line ... buy from someone HERE - just my 2 cents worth!

What I don't understand is, how are these companies allowed to stay in business if it is proven that they carry pirated Geovision cards?

Isn't there a tipline or something people could call to put the companies selling pirated goods out of business?

If I unknowingly purchase a Geovision card from one of the companies selling pirated cards, and then upgrade time comes around, how do these companies then comply with giving the customer a card that will run the latest version of the software, etc? Do they then just send you the latest pirated version of the software or something?

Has anyone on this site been burned by a company selling pirated cards? If so, tell us your story. Perhaps some investigations need to be launched.

At the very least, Geovision should have a section on their website that lists companies known to carry pirated versions of their goods.

There is a way to report it. The BSA will handle it in the US. But the problem isn't the US end. It's the China end. There are a ton of factories in China producing knockoff cards. China was a signer of the Berne convention but they don't enforce it. From a company stand point, I wouldn't deal with China simply because of the threat of a conspiracy lawsuit (ie you knew the cards were illegal and sold them anyway, it's tough to prove innocence on it).

There is a way to report it. The BSA will handle it in the US. But the problem isn't the US end. It's the China end. There are a ton of factories in China producing knockoff cards. China was a signer of the Berne convention but they don't enforce it. From a company stand point, I wouldn't deal with China simply because of the threat of a conspiracy lawsuit (ie you knew the cards were illegal and sold them anyway, it's tough to prove innocence on it).

How about from a consumer standpoint? I, as a consumer, purchase a card from one of the online companies with no way to know the card is pirated.

Now, if I need the latest Geovision upgrade, etc., the first thing Geovision will tell me is to contact the company I purchased the card from.

At this point, let's say I contact the company and tell them to upgrade my card to the latest hardware version (the way you are supposed to go from 7.0 to 7.1 \ v8 ), the company would then have to provide the new card.

If they didn't, I would just threaten them with the BSA, correct?

Geovision has a section on thier website about spotting fakes. As far as bringing the BSA into play....it depends on if the card is fake or not. If it's a real geovision card and the seller just doesn't want to upgrade it then come back here and one of the geovision dealers may be able to help you (note I am not promising you they will or they have to, some just tend to be helpful about such things).

Keep this in mind the next time someone tells you "piracy doesn't hurt anyone". It does and it works it's way down to the end user in the form of forced hardware upgrades/dongles and other annoyances.

you can email Geo regarding it, and they will look into it and reply to your email ..

Keep this in mind the next time someone tells you "piracy doesn't hurt anyone". It does and it works it's way down to the end user in the form of forced hardware upgrades/dongles and other annoyances.

I agree completely.

It sounds like Geovision's piracy problem is out of control. They need the BSA or some other group to come in and enforce the piracy rules and regulations and start making these online resellers who carry pirated cards accountable for their actions.

We need people to report these illegal websites more so they are shut down quicker. How widespread is this problem with Geovision pirated cards? Perhaps if we could start a list on this forum, it might help some of the users here avoid those companies that carry the pirated cards.

I had many questions and researched for days ... Found ALOT of junk out there and MANY pirated boards, never knew how big the problem was until I started contacting manufacturers.

This is the kind of legwork that could be avoided if we had a good list of pirate sites to stay away from.