Firefighter

Designing system for my home. ( Looking for help etc... )

You can set channel 1 and 9 to 30 FPS D1 if you like

Except when set to D1 higher than 7fps on those channels, the remaining channels have to be CIF.

With the latest firmware that I got from Nelly's, I can enable Channel 1 to record anywhere from 1-30FPS and the remaining channels can still do D1 7FPS max. I've tested this on the Zeus 4 channel, and have ordered a Zeus 8 channel for another project and Sean has tested this on the 8 channel as well.

Not sure if it is the same for the Apollo line...

They must have just added that into the last 2.608 update, I recall trying it with the first 2.608 and it did it but then it changed itself back, which is why I made that initial reply.

Yeah my Zeus 4ch was shipped with the older firmware, but Sean sent me the newer one and after flashing it over....it allowed me to do the full D1 in channel 1 and 7FPS D1 in the remaining channels. I guess I didn't pay too much attention to the network quality before or after the update to see if it changed much. Either way, I'm pretty excited to see the full D1 option on channel 1 without losing D1 on the other channels!

BTW the Zeus (LE-AS/AN) uses a totally different firmware which is why you see all the warnings on that page, that release was not for the Zeus, but I heard Sean got his hands on a release for those as well - I dont have any of them ... and I dont provide a download to the firmware - that was just a special christmas upload I had on my site when it first came out.

They must have just added that into the last 2.608 update

Edit to original post. Rory is correct you have to have all other 14 channels at CIF or HD1 in order to get full D1 at 30 FPS on each channel

Edited by Guest

Wow, lol Well I'm assuming I have an older version since I can only do 7fps max no matter what.

Is the upgrade worth it or are there any downsides?

I'm working on getting a vid on my computer to upload a sample.

Then theres an issue because I can't even do 10fp on D1. I even lowered the rest of the ch. since I'm not using them, or recording on them.

And I still can't on ch. 1 go higher than 7 fps on D1.

I get "System resources too low, please ensure D1 is less on all ch."

8/16 channel LE-AS/AN (Zeus) is only 7fps D1 max on all channels.

4 Channel LE-AS/AN (Zeus) has channel 1 option of D1 30fps.

My bad. I was wrong, its still 7FPS on all channels D1 for the Apollo's. Just verified and checked. Sorry for the confusion. If you want to do channels 1 and 9 at D1 30 FPS, then the rest of the channels have to be CIF or HD1.

What you can do is set all the channels to CIF or HD1 and then select channels 1 and 9 at D1 30 FPS.

The recommended way to record is still D1 on all channels even if you have lower frame rate.

8/16 channel LE-AS/AN (Zeus) is only 7fps D1 max on all channels.

4 Channel LE-AS/AN (Zeus) has channel 1 option of D1 30fps.

I'm using a Zeus 8 channel right now and Channel 1 is set to D1 at 15 FPS (with option to go to 30) and channel 2-8 are set to D1 at 7FPS.

Ok thanks. I just figured since I have one camera right now, Might as well be a higher fps.

btw in the morning i'm uploading a sample from a 1hr clip where my city picked up my brush pile... it was 8ft tall and 70ft long.

LOL cleared an entire tree line at the back of my property.

So, Sample coming in the morning!

Yeah I know. I backed it up to a usb drive, got it on my computer and for somereason cant view it. its there.... just in a weird format/

Ill go back and read the manual and re-do it.

Sry its takin a week and a half.

Thank you again. You've (and this forum) have helped me SO much.

Edit: I must be just completely stupid or unlucky...

I have the two files from the dvr.

I installed the player, and when I go to open the files through the player it showes there is nothing there...

Though I know there are files in the folder.

Ugh.

You probably need to generate the files into AVI files, which could then be posted onto youtube. That player you're talking about needs to be able to do that, including just watching it in the player. If there is a drop down for file type, choose *all files and they should show. It's not all that easy dealing with video files in general- dvr files being no exception. I find a good video editor is always needed if you deal with videos in your world. Movie Edit Pro by Magix is super reasonable. Nice to have. But you need to render those H.264 into AVI files.

Hi Firefighter, The Video files are in .DAV format. Open the player, and then open up one of the .DAV files with the player. If you want to send one of the.DAV's to me, I can have a try. Once the player starts to play the.DAV file, you can have the option to convert it over to AVI.

Also, the player should be on your flash drive whenever you backed up the original file as well.

Interesting because they are all in .avd and .xdv format.

I'm sorry to be so much trouble... lol

hi. they are not files for a dahua. can you just do a little test. re-format your memory pen (if you have nothing on it you need) and then do a fresh burn off from your dvr .... also take footage from yesterday and not from when you have inserted pen drive. and see if you get a better result.

Currently backing it up to the usb drive. Tho, Mine looks nothing like the pdf you linked me.

The only way I can back up, is while in search mode, in the bottom right theres a time.

Start/end I put those times in and to the right of those times are a "Save" Icon.... it brings me into a box

that shows me usb and being the destination and then a start button. No add, or anything.

A bit different.... perhaps I'll have to video that too.

Its almost done transferring. It's an hr long of D1 video at 7fps....

almost 1gb

Alright! Got it! Converting it for upload now.

Until I get the vid rdy, Heres a Snapshot.

2.8mm lens. Hadn't adjusted the camera settings here yet, so some fine tuning to be done still.

The guy in the truck picking up my brush is maybe 40ft away.... to give an idea.

184029_1.jpg

VIDEO: