hey_moe

Is it the camera or DVR

if you install yourself, you could get 4 really nice IP megapixel camera system for less than 8 grand.

So enlighten us...what is your definition of "really nice IP megapixel cameras"?

You could get 4 Avigilon 5mp domes, lenses, Licenses, Server, and have money left for a cruse.

Sean, sounds like good advice. I will try what you suggested this weekend. All the settings you quoted me are in this DVR unit.

Hi Moe,

A good rule of thumb to determine if this is your camera or DVR is to do this:

- Plug the CNB camera directly into your monitor

Ask yourself if it looks considerably better than what it looks like in your recorded snapshots. Dont get me wrong, the snapshots will never look as when you plug the camera directly into the monitor, but the degradation of the video quality should not be that significant.

The CNB is one of the best Analog cams on the market and it doesnt get much better image quality wise. With that being said, the pics that you are showing do seem to look slightly over compressed and that has to do with the DVR. They dont look bad by any means, but they could probably be slightly better. You did a good job in replacing most of your systems components but the DVR is probably one of the more important things that would have needed to have been replaced. In a matter of fact, that may have been the first thing I would have replaced if I were in your shoes. Now with all this being said, you probably will see a slight improvement in picture quality when switching to a better DVR, but I dont want you to think that its going to be a drastic change by any means. So I am not sure if its justification for you to go out and get a better DVR for a slight bump in quality, thats up to you to decide.

But what you can try is to optimize the equipment that you have right now to see if you can get an even better picture to help save you some money. Try these things:

#1) Delve into the CNB's picture settings to optimize the quality of the picture. Play with the sharpness to see if that helps any. Some DVR's dont like too sharp of a picture, while others do.

#2) Make sure that you have your DVR optimized for the least compressed picture. I know you already have your DVR setup for D1 judging by your images. But you can also, on most DVR's, rise or lower the quality. You will want to raise it to the highest quality. if the DVR lets you define the bit rate, that would be even better, go ahead and max out your bit rate

#3) are you 100% sure that you have your cameras focused to the maximum. Did you do the old routine where you get on the cell phone and talk to your wife or kids where they tell you "no zoom out, no too far, go back!" I am guilty of that, but I have found out, that never gets it focused the best. Bring a monitor out with you to the camera where you can fine focus it to the optimal settings.

Hope this info helps!

can you list type of power supplies you are using volts and amps.

also your amazon lead kit may not be up to the job of getting amps to your camera. there is only 2 ways to get good images from cable 1 is coax the other is cat5 with baluns.

if you install yourself, you could get 4 really nice IP megapixel camera system for less than 8 grand.

So enlighten us...what is your definition of "really nice IP megapixel cameras"?

Enlighten us on a 4 way analog system worth $8 grand. which cameras did you use ???

Smith just answered my question for me.

Point is, you can get nice brand name IP cameras MP quality, and be alot less than $8000. I mean sure, if you do a google search to find the most expensive IP cameras that are on the market, then yeah you are going to prove me wrong but point is, most 4 cam installs, whether they are residential or commercial, shouldnt cost more than $8000, and that is buying nice brand name MegaPixel cameras. I will give you this, your sales skills must be top notch in order to close a deal for $8000 for a 4 camera system.

You could get 4 Avigilon 5mp domes, lenses, Licenses, Server, and have money left for a cruse.

AVIGILON 5MP HD D/N IP DOME CAMERA

Mfg. Part: 5.OMP-HD-DOME-DN

$903.99 ea.

CONFIGURABLE 2U NVR with Exacq VMS

$1,866.00 ea.

Cameras would be $3615.96

Plus server is $5481.96

Not sure about lenses & licensing.

So we're left with $2518.04 from our original $8k quote.

Two guys, two days installation, programming, client training @ $95/hr. = $1520.00

So now we're at $998.04 "profit".

Still have to mark-up equipment, purchase supplies/cable, lock-box, power supply, pay sales tax, permit fees, warranty, etc. etc.

Here's your cruise...

184082_1.jpg

I said if you installed yourself. Plus, I bet you could do an Avigilon 4 channel server for cheaper than that. I dont even know Avigilon pricing and you should be able do it for cheaper. Listen to me pushing Avigilon! I have to stop that, I am inflating Ak357 and the Wireguys ego's too much.

AVIGILON 5MP HD D/N IP DOME CAMERA

Mfg. Part: 5.OMP-HD-DOME-DN

$903.99 ea.

CONFIGURABLE 2U NVR with Exacq VMS

$1,866.00 ea.

Cameras would be $3615.96

Plus server is $5481.96

Not sure about lenses & licensing.

So we're left with $2518.04 from our original $8k quote.

Two guys, two days installation, programming, client training @ $95/hr. = $1520.00

So now we're at $998.04 "profit".

Still have to mark-up equipment, purchase supplies/cable, lock-box, power supply, pay sales tax, permit fees, warranty, etc. etc.

Here's your cruise...

184082_1.jpg

You skipped the part of the conversation where it was stated there is no labor.

It's 4 cameras, Worst case scenario you buy a 1500.00 Dell Workstation from the Dell Outlet Store. I bought one a month ago with 6TB of storage and an I5 processor for 1500.00

And you can't mark up cameras you paid MSRP for.

Not hard to rack up $8000 with all-analog... MSRP on Panasonic CW504s is in the neighborhood of $900, if memory serves...

I said if you installed yourself. Plus, I bet you could do an Avigilon 4 channel server for cheaper than that. I dont even know Avigilon pricing and you should be able do it for cheaper. Listen to me pushing Avigilon! I have to stop that, I am inflating Ak357 and the Wireguys ego's too much.

Dont feel bad

Me and Mike doing another round of conversion

From Avigilon to Dahua, CNB cams and KT and C

Sean lets get container load together

Do u believe me ?

Sean, I am impressed

I always was saying about lost "cases"

never loose hope

you getting there " title="Applause" />

Actually let me know when I can call you

have a hell of retail idea for you and me

seriously

Lost cases?

Soon everyone (well probably almost everyone) on forum will be pushing IP... What will happen to lovely analog?

I always was saying about lost "cases"

Lost cases?

Soon everyone (well probably almost everyone) on forum will be pushing IP... What will happen to lovely analog?

Nothing will happen to Analog in your case ( unless u want to put your cameras in "bin" )

After I am done with you

YOU are IP man

Actually I will have pleasant surprise for you very soon

I will send my analog cameras to you. I know you the king of analog in canada... The rest maybe we will do lottery... I will be selling tickets for only $10.00... very good price... Who wants to buy?

Nothing will happen to Analog in your case ( unless u want to put your cameras in "bin" )

After I am done with you

YOU are IP man

Actually I will have pleasant surprise for you very soon

call me Monday. look forward to hearing about it. 855-341-4077 Toll Free.

Hmm u wanna wait until Monday to hear about very "hot" idea

too slow for my taste

and your Toll free number does not work for Canada

You snooze you lose. Ya hatcho znat shto predlagiash...

Hmm u wanna wait until Monday to hear about very "hot" idea

too slow for my taste

and your Toll free number does not work for Canada