LittleScoobyMaster

Geovision GV-NVR and Panasonic WV-SC385

Anyone try the Panasonic WV-SC385 with GV-NVR yet by any chance? If so, how did it perform, or did it work at all with GV-NVR? Or did it blow up in a small tiny thermonuclear reaction of some kind?

http://www.networkwebcams.com/ip-camera-learning-center/2011/02/08/panasonic-wvsc385-evaluation-review-rating-buying-advice/

I see that it is not on the GV-NVR compatilibilty list yet for some reason.

http://www.geovision.com.tw/english/Datasheet/Datasheet_NVRV85.pdf

Also, I know this is an indoor camera, but if you used it indoors facing out a window that does not face the sun, would that work pretty well? It would be for home use just to test out some of these megapixel PTZ's with high optical zooms.

185673_1.jpg

Never used this camera with Geo but I have one and for the price they are very impressive.

Thanks.

Just curious, how come you never tried to use it with GV-NVR? Are you using it with the built in software, or something that works better than GV-NVR?

Also, I know this is an indoor camera, but if you used it indoors facing out a window that does not face the sun, would that work pretty well?

Sun on the window isn't the problem - reflections from inside are.

Never used this camera with Geo but I have one and for the price they are very impressive.

Thanks.

Just curious, how come you never tried to use it with GV-NVR? Are you using it with the built in software, or something that works better than GV-NVR?

I am not a fan of GV. Not saying its bad it's just not my cup of tea.

I have used it with Exacq and Avigilon.

Also, I know this is an indoor camera, but if you used it indoors facing out a window that does not face the sun, would that work pretty well?

Sun on the window isn't the problem - reflections from inside are.

Yeah, I notice that a bit with some of my other cameras. For cams with IR led's built in, it's a real pain.

I don't think this one has any IR leds but I would still get reflections, but I mostly just want to see how good these MP ptz's look. Eventually, when the prices come down, I'd hope to get an ourdoor unit, but right now, they seem to be twice as much $.

Thanks.

I am not a fan of GV. Not saying its bad it's just not my cup of tea.

I have used it with Exacq and Avigilon.

Don't blame you there. I've been using GV software for 10 years and so far I've been way less than impressed. I'm hoping I'll be impressed with GV-NVR but I'm not holding my breath. Just hoping it will have improved somewhat over the old 6050 version I'm stuck using now because of Geovision anti-piracy issues. A real pain. 6050 doesn't even allow you to have a resolution above 1024x768.

Don't blame you there. I've been using GV software for 10 years and so far I've been way less than impressed. I'm hoping I'll be impressed with GV-NVR but I'm not holding my breath.

hold your breath. i had there new 3rd party camera licence costs last month (which you are going to need for the pano).

and this years price has gone up. if people stoped paying geo for a licence for this and that (geo even charge for 1 POS ) no other company does.

Geovision anti-piracy issues. A real pain. 6050 doesn't even allow you to have a resolution above 1024x768

yes and your paying to have your res lowered ...... good sales from geo

Don't blame you there. I've been using GV software for 10 years and so far I've been way less than impressed. I'm hoping I'll be impressed with GV-NVR but I'm not holding my breath.

hold your breath. i had there new 3rd party camera licence costs last month (which you are going to need for the pano).

and this years price has gone up. if people stoped paying geo for a licence for this and that (geo even charge for 1 POS ) no other company does.

Geovision anti-piracy issues. A real pain. 6050 doesn't even allow you to have a resolution above 1024x768

yes and your paying to have your res lowered ...... good sales from geo

Is the GV-NVR license about $99 per non-GEO IP camera, or are you saying it's going up higher than that?

Curious what you mean by having your res lowered? I thought GV-NVR could do 1920x1080 if the camera can support that resolution (like the GV-CB220 is supposed to).

I personlly try GV-NVR with pana ptz 385 it works. You may add them as onvif. ptz works good. you may also use geo keyboard with joystik for camera ptz.

Now the latest gv-nvr is 8,53 version. A lot of improovements where made. I love one of them: they support GPU video decoding for Intel i7 2600k. you may simulteniosly display 32 ip cameras 25fps 1920x1080!!! nobody still can do the same!

If you have in the system only few cameras (till 4) you may use free Pelco DS sw which also support Onvif. I try to controll pana camera it also works good.

http://www.pelco.com/sites/global/en/products/video-management-solutions/range-presentation.page?p_function_id=10520&p_family_id=10289&p_range_id=5589#

Regarding nuuo it is almost copy past of geovision gv-nvr but with more plesent as for me colors in interface. Geovision faster in development. and also keep in mind geo have access controll integrated with gv nvr.

Now the latest gv-nvr is 8,53 version. A lot of improovements where made. I love one of them: they support GPU video decoding for Intel i7 2600k. you may simulteniosly display 32 ip cameras 25fps 1920x1080!!! nobody still can do the same!

32 cameras that's it?

I personlly try GV-NVR with pana ptz 385 it works. You may add them as onvif. ptz works good. you may also use geo keyboard with joystik for camera ptz.

If you have in the system only few cameras (till 4) you may use free Pelco DS sw which also support Onvif. I try to controll pana camera it also works good.

http://www.pelco.com/sites/global/en/products/video-management-solutions/range-presentation.page?p_function_id=10520&p_family_id=10289&p_range_id=5589#

We sell lots of GV-NVR's and I can tell You one thing - it woks good only with Geo PTZ cameras. I was tring to use ACTi, Vivo, Sanyo, Sony - always problems with moving camera with joystick. Using presets or mouse is not a problem, but GV-Joystick or GV-Keyboard - its hell.

We sell lots of GV-NVR's and I can tell You one thing - it woks good only with Geo PTZ cameras. I was tring to use ACTi, Vivo, Sanyo, Sony - always problems with moving camera with joystick. Using presets or mouse is not a problem, but GV-Joystick or GV-Keyboard - its hell.

How is it using other non-Geo-joysticks and non Geo-keyboards?

Thanks for the confirmation.

Funny. My CPU is the i-2600K. I love that processor. One of the better desktop CPU's to come out in while that was very well priced.

GV-NVR is recording and displaying SW. It is free for Geo cameras and for money it works with Onvif psia and rtsp and there is a list of direct integrated cameras.

If you need more than 32 cameras you may take 2 GV-NVR servers and combine them using 350 USD Control Center sw. With this sw you may combine 1000 servers with gv-nvr...

I hate exacq because before last relise 4,9 it display with blooming effect cameras by default.

32 cameras that's it?

Are the firmware problems still an issue with this camera?

Almost every review of the camera states that the camera itself is great but that it is plagued with firmware issues. Anyone actively monitoring \ waiting for the next firmware release for this camera? If so, what are your expectations?

Also, if you left this camera on a window sill inside the house, if sun shined on it all day, would it get destroyed from the excessive heat?

I know if you use this camera in an outdoor assembly, but if you used it in desktop mode, with not additional fans to keep it cool, I would think the sun would melt it, or wreck it, or is that not the case?

I have used it with qnap, nuuo, and exacq. Had to update the firmware for some of the cameras but in general i think panasonic has pretty good products. If you are installing all IP cameras I would recommend you to give qnap a try. Not saying geo is bad but i usually avoid it unless i have to to build hybrid systems.

I have used it with qnap, nuuo, and exacq. Had to update the firmware for some of the cameras but in general i think panasonic has pretty good products. If you are installing all IP cameras I would recommend you to give qnap a try. Not saying geo is bad but i usually avoid it unless i have to to build hybrid systems.

Was on their site but couldn't find the right demo to d/l, or do they not have a free demo? What's the total cost to run it with about 4 to 8 cams?

Thanks Pavel.

I'll try this now.

You are saying that as long as I stay under 4 cameras, the software is free?

I'm currently d/ling DS_NVs_installer_7.3.54.zip. It's 640MB. Is that the correct file?

You are saying that as long as I stay under 4 cameras, the software is free?

According to the website, "four free licenses for Pelco IP cameras" so as long as you use 4 or fewer PELCO IP cameras then the answer would appear to be yes.

Pelco 4 ch Digital Sentry sw is free for every Onvif/panas/axis/sony/arecont... and Pelco cameras.

As I understood Digital Sentry SW has the same roots as ExacqVision. As I see Schneider Electric (wich owns Pelco now) before bought Integral company. You may found on Exacq site that Managing and engeneering staff of Exacq are ex Integral (https://exacq.com/about/management.html).

Also I found that pelco has free 3-D lens calculator! Nice to play with )

http://www.pelco.com/sites/global/en/sales-and-support/downloads-and-tools/tools/3d_camera_design_tool.page

There are pelco's camera preloaded but never mined it lookes like Pelco use Fujinon lense) So it will suite for every IP camera in industry)))