buellwinkle

Dahua cameras now at Costco

Lets hammer Costco with emails regarding the Q see 8ch. & 16ch. NVR kits.

Costco Questions and Comments Page:

https://ems02071lb.egain.net/system/web/custom/CostcoInitialPage.jsp

Click on "Online at Costco.com" will open a pop-up, new window.

Leave feedback for product information and Costco.com,

1, Scroll drop down menu to "Costco.com Product Information"

2, Cut and Paste message below into feedback field.

3, Fill in your contact information. You don't need your member #.

4, Submit opens a questions field, hit submit again.

To whom it may concern,

Currently Costco.com offers the Q see 4 channel digital NVR with 1TB Hard Drive and 4 720p IP Cameras Item # 689086.

I am very interested in the Q see line of home surveillance network video recorders (NVR). I and many other security conscious consumers would be more interested in seeing the larger 8 and 16 channel Q see network video recorder surveillance kits sold at Costco.

I hope you will consider stocking these item(s) in the near future as i consider Costco my exclusive electronics store.

Thank you,

Costco Member

Edited by Guest

Costco have a good way of advertising. Just looked at your link.

16 channel $2999.

Look at spec you need to spend more money just to get it up and running.

DVR only has 4 Poe ports. So you will also have a cost for 12 power supply's also a cost for switch. And monitor your now looking at 4k and then your restricted buy quality.

Shop around for dahua 2mp and if you have an old pc. Then your going to save yourself over 2k and you will have better unrestricted quality and better fps.

What are you saying? did you power up the Qsee camera from Costco and try to flash the Dahua firmware? And it didn't work? Details?

Maybe it is me but having trouble following your post.

i connected qsee to poe switch i have for testing my poe cameras.

i loaded up dahua config tool, it detects camera, and allows me do some limited config to the qsee, including flash firmware.

i tried to flash firmware, and it appears to start flashing, but in the end, it says transferred failed. This is firmware i got from my distributor for 8x cameras i bought from her.

I have been playing around with the QC cams. I am able to login to the webservice on the LAN using Chrome and view video just fine. Using FF or IE on LAN I can login to the webservice and do everything except view video. I have tried all Active-X suggestions I found on the forums but still no video on main or sub-stream. Just shows a black screen with camera icon with a slash through it.

Connecting through internet (WAN), I can login to webservice using FF, IE, Chrome. However, no video on any of them - even Chrome which works fine on LAN (same laptop) doesnt work. It shows the Quicktime logo with the blue status bar underneath but after a while it just stops. With IE it says Main Connection Failed after a while. I can access and change settings in the webservice using all three browsers from the internet .

Using IP Cam Viewer I have the same problem mentioned by someone above on my galaxy tab - initial snapshot loads fine but it never refreshes. This is using both the LAN and WAN. The port number i am using is 37777 in the settings since I used the Dahua IPC camera as the make and model in the settings. I guess I should try the Dahua Camera RTSP option - but is the default port listed the same for QC? Think someone said it was 554?

Using gDMSS on my Tab works fine - both on LAN and Internet. The camera pulls up as IPC on gDMSS.

Any ideas on why I cant use the webservice to view video on the internet - especially with Chrome as it seems to be working on LAN? Also wondering if these cameras would work along with Dahua cams on the Dahua NVR like 3208.

There's 3 ports you have to open, the http port, the rtsp port and the tcp port. Works find for me remotely via IE or IP Cam Viewer on my Droid Razr.

i tried to flash firmware, and it appears to start flashing, but in the end, it says transferred failed. This is firmware i got from my distributor for 8x cameras i bought from her.

This is encouraging. All vendors need to have enough smarts in their firmware tools that they won't allow you to brick a camera with the wrong software. My YCams do the same thing, and it's pretty ancient at this point.

Thanks! Ill add the RTSP port and try again. Just looked at the defaults and yes the RTSP is on port 554 on the QC cam.

also the batch i received from costco, i ordered 2x (4 camera with nvr packages)

i randomly opened one camera from each box, and they had 25 ir leds, which might indicate that these are 3.6mm lenses, i have not had the chance to power them up through the q-see nvr yet.

i was hoping i could get the web interface on these to work by flashing the dahua firmware to try.

Why do you need to flash the firmware to get to the web interface? (I am assuming you mean the webservice that runs on the cam) - you should be able to get to it on port 85?

Tried some lenses from DX today.

The 2.8mm wouldn't fit. I couldn't screw it down far enough to focus it.

I replaced a 6mm with a 3.6mm and it's ok but not as nice as the stock 3.6mm lens.

I replaced a 6mm with a 3.6mm and it's ok but not as nice as the stock 3.6mm lens.

Do you recall which 3.6? I believe there are two on the site. One was $2.10 and the other $2.70.

Do you recall which 3.6? I believe there are two on the site. One was $2.10 and the other $2.70.

$2.10

I may order the $2.70 one and see if it's better. I find this one is pretty blurry around the outer perimeter compared to the stock 3.6mm lens and the lens sits back further in the camera housing so you can see a slight black edge in the four corners where the lens is seeing the camera housing.

Is the less expensive one 1/3" or 1/4"? Usually, the black corners (vignetting) comes from using a smaller rated lens (like 1/4") on a larger sensor.

With the cheap board cam lenses, I find that they're usually 1/4" if they don't specify the size.

Is the less expensive one 1/3" or 1/4"? Usually, the black corners (vignetting) comes from using a smaller rated lens (like 1/4") on a larger sensor.

With the cheap board cam lenses, I find that they're usually 1/4" if they don't specify the size.

The black corners are because the lens isn't as tall as the stock lens so it sits back a little bit in the housing. The black corners are the housing blocking the corners.

The DX lenses are rated for 1/4 and 1/3" sensors. I still haven't gotten mine and it's been a while but they claimed the shipped it.
Me neither. Shipped on Oct 24th. Tracking shows in in HK on the 28th. No sign of it since.

The Q-see camera is from China?

No, they come from Q-See in Orange County, California, but they are made in China, just like Apple iPhones and iPads.

I just got one of these kits in from Costco and it looks like it's 8 channel now:

[attachment=0]photo.JPG[/attachment]

Wow. How did you manage that? Did you have to ask for it?

I just got one of these kits in from Costco and it looks like it's 8 channel now:

Nope complete surprise when I opened the box, ordered the kit last week assuming 4 channel.

Nope complete surprise when I opened the box, ordered the kit last week assuming 4 channel.

Do you have more than 4 cameras that you can try it with? I think of few of us were curious if the insides were any different or if it was just a firmware update that made it a 8ch nvr.

Even if he doesn't have more than 4 cameras, if you provide him remote access to your cameras, he would be able to add them in and test it.