buellwinkle

Dahua cameras now at Costco

It's more responsive than some NVR's costing way, way more but if you are used to NVR software on a modern day computer, depending on the software, it won't be that fast but still highly usable. Can you view recorded and live video at the same time depends on what you mean. From the same interface, no, it only lets you view recorded or live, not both at the same time, but you can look at multiple camera recordings at the same time. If you mean can I view recordings on the NVR and view live on a IE browser, then yes, you can do that.

Thanks Buellwinkle. Is there a system available somewhere that I can test remotely for a few minutes? This system looks very compelling for some of my neighbors and I'd like to test the remote UI features.

Best,

Christopher

Can someone confirm if we could use Dahua camera with Q-See NVR?

Yes.

I just got mine today (4 channel ordered on 11/5) and it is now recording four cameras.

Two are Dahua 2100, one is a costco and the other is another re-branded version the forum won't let me type.

Pretty cool box, wish I had gotten an 8!!!

After watching some of the YouTube videos today, it appears the system can not rapidly scrub the timeline like Avigilon. To review video, I think you have to watch the video in 1x, 2x, 4x real time, is that correct?

Best,

Christopher

What do you mean? It has a timeline, you click with the included mouse on where you want to start playing and you can play it back, one camera at a time or all at a time. Is it the best I've seen, no, is it good enough, absolutely.

Can someone confirm if we could use Dahua camera with Q-See NVR?

Yes.

I just got mine today (4 channel ordered on 11/5) and it is now recording four cameras.

Two are Dahua 2100, one is a costco and the other is another re-branded version the forum won't let me type.

Pretty cool box, wish I had gotten an 8!!!

Mine comes tomorrow, I'm crossing my fingers for an 8ch!

What do you mean?

The Avigilon timeline is similar to a video editor in that you can shrink and expand the time to look at virtually any length (weeks, days, hours, minutes, seconds) and scrub that timeline at virtually any speed by simply dragging the timeline marker. This is quite useful when seconds count. That said, the price point of the Costco systems are quite compelling for the average homeowner.

Best,

Christopher

Congrats Brutus! I've found people snooping around my driveway and vehicles twice at night since I put up my system. Yours is actually good enough for a decent ID though. I checked with neighbours and after the first time someone four houses down from me lost an iPad and other valuables from their truck. I bet one of your neighbours lost something to that guy and would love a copy of video proving that he was trying to get into vehicles in their neighbourhood that night.

Congrats Brutus! I've found people snooping around my driveway and vehicles twice at night since I put up my system. Yours is actually good enough for a decent ID though. I checked with neighbours and after the first time someone four houses down from me lost an iPad and other valuables from their truck. I bet one of your neighbours lost something to that guy and would love a copy of video proving that he was trying to get into vehicles in their neighbourhood that night.

I just provided the video to the police

If you guys really want to catch someone, then add outdoor motion sensors that let you know when someone is in your driveway. I have ten arrests on our court using a combination of cameras and motion sensors.

Best,

Christopher

If you guys really want to catch someone, then add outdoor motion sensors that let you know when someone is in your driveway. I have ten arrests on our court using a combination of cameras and motion sensors.

Best,

Christopher

Hi Christopher,

I'm new to security in general. Could you elaborate more on outdoor motion sensors?

What are some good ones and how it integrates with the NVR and camera etc?

thanks

These Dahua 1.3MP mini bullets are a good deal from Costco for under $150 each and know that Costco has your back and Q-See is a U.S. company for warranty and support.

http://www.costco.com/Q-See-High-Definition-720p-2-Pack-IP-Cameras.product.100003461.html

Also, this looked good too, 4 mini-bullets, 1TB drive and 4 channel NVR for $699

http://www.costco.com/Q-See-4-Channel-HD-Digital-NVR-with-1TB-Hard-Drive-and-4-HD-720p-IP-Cameras.product.100003211.html

thanks for this info, as I just bought the NVR system for $699 from Costco.

Was wondering if in the future, I want to have 8 cameras, then is it better to buy 8 channels now and add on later, or just buy another 4 channel system like above?

Tough question but your new NVR should support 8 cameras, so you can buy 4 more cameras for $598 or for $101 more get another 1TB hard drive and another NVR to keep as a backup and stick the 1TB drive in the first NVR (supports 2 drives). The deal ends Sunday though and it may cost more after that. On the otherhand, you can buy different types of cameras to add including 1080P cameras from Q-See and others and Costco said they would be adding the 1080P cameras in a few weeks.

You guys know there is a "Beep" function you can activate in the DVR so that at night when there is motion, the dvr will omit a Beep sound.

At least my duaha dvr has this, I can only assume a newer version of the dvr will do the same. It's in the "motion" section/options.

Tough question but your new NVR should support 8 cameras, so you can buy 4 more cameras for $598 or for $101 more get another 1TB hard drive and another NVR to keep as a backup and stick the 1TB drive in the first NVR (supports 2 drives). The deal ends Sunday though and it may cost more after that. On the otherhand, you can buy different types of cameras to add including 1080P cameras from Q-See and others and Costco said they would be adding the 1080P cameras in a few weeks.

If new NVR support 8 cameras, then I'm golden. I'll just buy other cameras later as I feel a need.

thanks for info.

After watching some of the YouTube videos today, it appears the system can not rapidly scrub the timeline like Avigilon. To review video, I think you have to watch the video in 1x, 2x, 4x real time, is that correct?

Best,

Christopher

Unfortunately that is correct. No "scrub" , you drag the pointer on the timeline but the video doesn't start until you release the mouse button.

i know what you mean now, my ACTi NVR software does that, helped me find which dog pee'd in the kitchen this morning. The Dahua/Q-See NVR does not.

You guys know there is a "Beep" function you can activate in the DVR so that at night when there is motion, the dvr will omit a Beep sound.

At least my duaha dvr has this, I can only assume a newer version of the dvr will do the same. It's in the "motion" section/options.

That would be VERY irritating if your cameras were outside. Way too many false positives.

Caught someone trying to get into our locked vehicles last night using my system

http://www.reality-check.ca/threads/322013-My-home-surveillance-system-paid-off-got-video-of-a-thief-last-night

Hey Brutus,

Was that the 3.6mm lens you swapped out and is that the "port-holing" you mentioned? Still a pretty good image though.

The 6mm can be a bit tight for a lot of situations would be nice to find one as good or better than the OEM lens.

Caught someone trying to get into our locked vehicles last night using my system

http://www.reality-check.ca/threads/322013-My-home-surveillance-system-paid-off-got-video-of-a-thief-last-night

Hey Brutus,

Was that the 3.6mm lens you swapped out and is that the "port-holing" you mentioned? Still a pretty good image though.

The 6mm can be a bit tight for a lot of situations would be nice to find one as good or better than the OEM lens.

That is the lens yep. I am going to replace it with a stock 3.6mm here soon.