buellwinkle

Dahua cameras now at Costco

Even if he doesn't have more than 4 cameras, if you provide him remote access to your cameras, he would be able to add them in and test it.

I don't have anything running at the moment. I recently moved from a rental house to house that we just purchased. Conveniently, somehow along the move I "misplaced" my 6 analog cameras.

I ran all my cat 5e already, just waiting to purchase a new system.

Want to volunteer your cameras for testing purposes?

No extra cameras here at the office, I am getting a second kit for home and have some Y-cams there there but I doubt it will connect to them.

Pretty sure it's 8-channel though, the front has QC808 stamped on it and the device config software shows 8 channels throughout the setup.

I just got one of these kits in from Costco and it looks like it's 8 channel now:

So thats the 4 cam+NVR+1 TB HDD kit from Costco (Item # 689086)?

Yes the PO shows 689086, I ordered online on 10/28 and it arrived today.

I have a second one waiting at home ordered the same day but separately, will be interesting to see if it's 8 channel as well.

I also received the 4ch system today that I ordered from Cosco (Item# 689086). I can confirm that it to came with the 8ch NVR. Ordered on 10/26. Was a nice surprise.

BTW, long time lurker first post.

My other system at home is also an 8 Channel. I know when I ordered it showed in stock and the expected delivery was the end of last week. Took a few days to actually ship and the expected delivery changed to today. Wonder if they ran out of 4 channels and had to fulfill the orders with 8 instead?

I am very pleased, was planning on upgrading to an 8 channel at some point to put a few more cameras around, now no need.

The whole package was extremely easy to setup with the camera auto detection on the NVR's poe ports. The iOS apps seem to work well too. Fan is a little loud if you plan to put it say in your living room, which I am not.

Sure, you can use my cameras. I can set them with really low resolution, low frame rate so we don't mess up both our networks. I just have two sitting on my desk. Let me know when you have your 4 working and you can add in my two to test it out.

Anybody try adding a Dahua branded camera to the QSee NVR yet? I'd like to add some ir-sensitive cams without builtin IR for fewer false positives from bugs and fog at night. Dahua has some interesting cams like that labelled to be released soon on their website. QSee may not offer them quickly or at all.

Okay so their sending 8 Chan NVRs out? Are they 8 POE?????? Or just 4 POE but support 8 cams.

we need pics, at poe ports

Okay so their sending 8 Chan NVRs out? Are they 8 POE?????? Or just 4 POE but support 8 cams.

I think it is pretty clear in that letter that there are 4 POE ports.

Got the approval from the CFO (wifey) ; placed my order. Hopefully I'll receive an 8 channel one.

Here is a new review that was left for the package on the costco website..

"I believe this is the technology of the future. If you want 16 cameras, be advised you will need four systems, and each will require a connection to a network switch (or hub) or a router with several ports. The alternative will be to network the IP cameras to a network hub or switch that will be connected to a (multi-port router). I'm returning my two 4-port systems tomorrow."

hmmmmmm

i can't see just offering 4 poe on a 8ch - 16ch nvr. most obvious software would be limited to 8 & 16ch. "chime in" ron or jharrell

low i think thats a stock picture.

In their brochure, they show a 16 channel NVR diagram with 4 PoE ports on the back. You can get 4 port PoE switch for a reasonable price in the $60 range. I had Trendnet but have since switch to ZyXel because a) they run on 110V (no transformer like the Trendnet) and b) they provide 15.4W per port for all ports (Trendnet is 30W max for all 4 ports).

so if this is a 8ch NVR, and i have 4 cameras powered through the NVR PoE ports and lets say I have 2 other IP cameras powered through a PoE Swtich, then How does the NVR know that there are 2 other cameras connected to it?

so if this is a 8ch NVR, and i have 4 cameras powered through the NVR PoE ports and lets say I have 2 other IP cameras powered through a PoE Swtich, then How does the NVR know that there are 2 other cameras connected to it?

204931_1.gif

software scans your network, qsee automatically scans.

nvr could be in place of switch for on site recording

you also should know you can stack switches/poe switches/bridges

So for each POE port you can come off with a splitter and have 8 POE?

Or come off with a splitter of each and have all 8 connected, and jus power the other 4.

So for each POE port you can come off with a splitter and have 8 POE?

Or come off with a splitter of each and have all 8 connected, and jus power the other 4.

power just 4

for the other 4, the nvr can auto detect the ip addresses of the cameras on the network it is connected to.

When you setup a camera in the NVR, you give it's IP address. You can be in Kentucky, the camera can be in Nepal and you can connect the camera to the NVR.

Frankly, I would not even use the PoE ports on the back of the NVR because my house is not wired that way. I have all my cameras coming to a switch and the NVR would be elsewhere, sitting by a TV.

How responsive is the system when reviewing recorded video?

Can you review live and recorded video at the same time?

Best,

Christopher

How responsive is the system when reviewing recorded video?

Can you review live and recorded video at the same time?

Best,

Christopher

thats a question for buellwinkle, the network camera critic! " title="Applause" />