buellwinkle

Dahua cameras now at Costco

It definitely is a great deal! I like the built in POE and it comes with 1tb, not 500gb like I would have thought it would. Costco had to have bought 100,000 of these kits from china!

It definitely is a great deal! I like the built in POE and it comes with 1tb, not 500gb like I would have thought it would. Costco had to have bought 100,000 of these kits from china!

I hope Costco will do the same for the 1080P cameras.

I'm actually very curious now - any idea where I can source the English firmware for a Dahua NVR3216? Assuming the hardware is the same, it should be as simple as a firmware update.

If it bricks, I guess we can just exchange at Costco...

If you can get a bunch of people to start asking for their 1080P cameras, they will probably carry them. The model numbers are QCN8002B for the 1080P Bullet and QCN8001D for the 1080P Mini Dome.

The trick is finding the Costco buyer that handles this line of products. If you can get their ear, they can make it happen. For what it's worth, the Q-See cameras came drop shipped from Q-See, not a Costco warehouse, so what's the risk to Costco in offering this online?

Also, finding someone at Q-See that can give us a lead to who the buyer is so we can request this.

If anyone finds information that can help further the cause, I would be happy call or write to them.

There must be a different firmware because I downloaded the Qsee iPhone app and it does not support any of my dahua dvr's or NVR's. And it looks exactly like idmss.

If you can get the Dahua firmware, nothing to lose in trying it. Just return the cameras to Costco if you brick them.

There is one physical difference and I think it was noted before. The Q-See version has 4 more LEDs than the Dahua version on the outer row of LEDs.

If you can get the Dahua firmware, nothing to lose in trying it. Just return the cameras to Costco if you brick them.

I lose all respect for you when you post **** like this.

Another post you admitted swapping products when you returned them... not cool

4 more LEDS!

Yes 4 more leds, and it lights up the area nicely. I'll take a snapshot later tonight, still too early.

As for Costco, they send them back to Q-See and they probably have a way to re-flash the camera back to stock, just one camera risked for the benefit of all. One small step for us, one giant leap for mankind. Unless someone is willing to conduct the experiment at their own risk and win thewireguy's respect.

I am sure He will ignore your post

Got mine in today. Thanks for the lead that they default to port 85. There are two hard coded logins 888888 and 666666. Can't remove them. Their default passwords are 888888 and 666666.

As expected, you cannot turn off the LEDs.

No time for pictures today. This weekend for sure.

In the Dahua's, you can remove the 888888 and 666666 passwords. There is no OSD on this camera so I won't imagine

that you would be able to turn off the IR's or adjust when they come on. Pics, and/or video would be real nice.

I am considering buying a kit just to keep in stock.

There is one physical difference and I think it was noted before. The Q-See version has 4 more LEDs than the Dahua version on the outer row of LEDs.

6mm has 30leds while 3.6 has 25, this is true on the dahua ones i have as well.

So here's the night pictures. I've had this problem in this location with other cameras where the cameras is pointed nearly parallel to the wall, so you'll get IR light bounced back on the lens, hence the IR halo caused by the reflection off the sun shield. The hill behind my house is about 45-50' from the camera, so you can get an idea that the IR at least goes that far out. And this is the stock 6mm lens.

203735_1.jpg

Now if when I plug in my Okeba IR Illuminator, the additional light brings in more detail and overcomes the glare from the IR light bouncing off the wall.

203735_2.jpg

Now, if someone can check if a Dahua camera will work with the Qsee NVR, that would be great. This way, at least we would have a choice of 3.6 and 6.0mm when installing without trying to find a compatible lens.

Now, if someone can check if a Dahua camera will work with the Qsee NVR, that would be great. This way, at least we would have a choice of 3.6 and 6.0mm when installing without trying to find a compatible lens.

i think any 3.6mm lens would work fine in the q-see, its just that 2.1mm lens is a lot bigger.

Yes 4 more leds, and it lights up the area nicely. I'll take a snapshot later tonight, still too early.

As for Costco, they send them back to Q-See and they probably have a way to re-flash the camera back to stock, just one camera risked for the benefit of all. One small step for us, one giant leap for mankind. Unless someone is willing to conduct the experiment at their own risk and win thewireguy's respect.

I just don't get how you think it is morally right to promote to people that they should flash firmware to cameras that is not designed from them and let the supplier take the hit if it fails. Because I am sure your not going to tell Costco's return department what you really did.

I just don't get how you think it is morally right to promote to people that they should flash firmware to cameras that is not designed from them and let the supplier take the hit if it fails. Because I am sure your not going to tell Costco's return department what you really did.

costco doesn't ask why you return anything. they've taken back a half eaten banana from what i've seen.

He's not questioning if you can or can't, it's a moral delima we all face. So you have to feel good about returning that half eaten banana, and if you are good with it, who is anyone to say you are wrong in doing so. Going by the customer is always right theory, if you bought a camera for a purpose you intended, and that purpose may be have been to hack it, and it didn't work as you intended and Costco says, don't worry about it, we'll take it back, then why knot!

It's like a restaurant, you order a sandwich without mayonaise. It comes with mayonaise but you don't realize that until you've taken a bite. Some people would send it back without hesitation, some would feel bad about the people and their own moral compass would live with it. So that half eaten banana may be rotten, do you take it back, do you absorb the loss youself. Frankly, absorbing the loss yourself just gives you bad feelings towards the merchant and you may never buy bananas from them again, so the it's in everybody's best interest to return it.

The other dilema is how did we go from me finding a great deal at Costco to discussion on morality?