buellwinkle

2 1080P IR Bullets at Costco for 349

...There does appear to be WDR as well that you can activate through the iVMS software from Hikvisionusa website - this is how initially configured the cameras since I don't plan on buying a DVR system

So the fact that HIKVision software allows configuration. Hmmm. Does this indicate that this hardware is rebranded HIKVision product? I would say yes! Anyone else have an opinion?

Edited by Guest

Are you getting 3MP out of the cameras?

I guess I'm not really sure how to tell (sorry kind of new to this like I said earlier). VLC says RSTP is at 1920x1080 @ 4000-6000kbps. There does appear to be WDR as well that you can activate through the iVMS software from Hikvisionusa website - this is how initially configured the cameras since I don't plan on buying a DVR system.

LMK how to see if its 3MP and I'd be happy to do so!

PS the device ID type = MEGA_IPCAM if that means anything.

No problem. I'm kinda excited. Are you able to log into the camera with your web browser by entering the camera's IP address in your browser URL bar? Like this: http://192.168.1.202 (or whatever your cam's IP address really is)?

Yup! Although mine was set to static (192.0.0.64) by default, so I would suggest downloading that software for initial config as it goes out and finds the cameras no matter what your network is set up as (I use a 10.0.1.x range).

Within the iVMS, you can change the IP address as well as many other settings.

Here's a screen shot of the browser interface...too rainy to mount it outside today, so this will have to do.

217245_1.jpg

217245_1.jpg

Dude! That is a TERRIBLE image! It appears that one is looking out of a grid!

217245_1.jpg

Dude! That is a TERRIBLE image! It appears that one is looking out of a grid!

The sad part is, even through my screen it looks better than my old foscam. LOL

That's amazing that you can get that level of detail on the screens. Usually that's blurred out so close to the camera.

They confirmed HikVision, they said so at the show but support comes from Swann.

Just got mine today...haven't tried it with blue iris, but the generic rstp stream does indeed work, at least through VLC on my PC and ipcamviewer on my mobile.

Quality seems very good.

bbp30,

I'm tempted on buying this set as well but couple of questions first as I'm going to use them without NVR for the time being. What setup you used for the ipcameraviewer? I'm using that app on my ipad/iphone to monitor some foscam / dlink @ my house. Also which iVMS software you download from HikVision USA for the camera initial setup? It was the iVMS-4000 Client software?

Last but not least.. are the cameras standard PoE?

Thanks a lot.

These look pretty good for the price. Anyone able to confirm if their 3mp?

IQ looks pretty good, Even though the window/screen.

PLEASE post shots once it's mounted, and videos. Day Time, and Night time. ( Longer than 10 seconds. )

Thanks

Maybe I'm missing something, but they don't appear to carry the NVR for these?

The camera copy says, "This camera 2 pack is an ideal upgrade option if you have already purchased the Swann 8 Channel HD NVR Security System with 4 x 1080p cameras... This camera can only be used in combination with Swann’s 1080p Network Video Recorders for cutting-edge IP surveillance in full HD."

The bullets add, "Add to Swann 8 Channel NVR & 4 Cameras (Item #730186)".

But there are no Swann NVR packages listed, and that item number comes up not found. The only Swann packages shown are all D1.

Another minor but annoying incident with our lovely neighbors yesterday is moving this to front burner (wifey fully on board now).

Just got mine today...haven't tried it with blue iris, but the generic rstp stream does indeed work, at least through VLC on my PC and ipcamviewer on my mobile.

Quality seems very good.

bbp30,

I'm tempted on buying this set as well but couple of questions first as I'm going to use them without NVR for the time being. What setup you used for the ipcameraviewer? I'm using that app on my ipad/iphone to monitor some foscam / dlink @ my house. Also which iVMS software you download from HikVision USA for the camera initial setup? It was the iVMS-4000 Client software?

Last but not least.. are the cameras standard PoE?

Thanks a lot.

For ipcamviewer, I am using the Hikvision DS-2CD81553F-E profile, which appears to just be a RSTP profile.

Yes, iVMS4000

Yes, standard POE, I am using a cisco 24 port POE switch.

These look pretty good for the price. Anyone able to confirm if their 3mp?

IQ looks pretty good, Even though the window/screen.

PLEASE post shots once it's mounted, and videos. Day Time, and Night time. ( Longer than 10 seconds. )

Thanks

Will do! Hope to mount today. Pretty nasty weather for the last few days in Indiana.

If their up even better, More sample photos of different weather conditions etc....

Either way I look forward to the videos/pictures. You can never have enough!

These look promising from a value standpoint.

Question I have is, how much are the non "swann" branded versions.

If they ONLY work with swann nvrs then that is dissapointing... Was hoping some nvr software was available.

I like the review of the acti software, and it being free is also a huge plus. I hear it's CPU usage is low. which is another plus.

The NVR package is here:

http://www.costco.com/Swann-8-Channel-HD-NVR-Security-System-with-2TB-Hard-Drive-and-4-1080p-IP-Cameras.product.100027599.html

After looking over the users manual for the NVR I didn't see it talk about adding in cameras outside it's POE ports (over it's WAN port). This is important to me since some of the future cameras will simply be plugged into POE switches on my LAN. I emailed Swann and asked. They responded VERY fast (within an hour!) which I thought was exceptional. But they said any cameras managed by the NVR must be plugged directly into it's POE ports as stated in the users manual. Well, for me this is a deal breaker unless some really good non-Swann NVR solution is available for these (i.e. BlueIris confirmed, etc.). Anyone have any thoughts on what else to do since on paper these cameras look really good?

Thanks jsl, but I found that link, too. And it says:

"Product Not Found

This product is out of stock and cannot be added to your cart at this time."

Maybe just a temporary stock situation, but I really want to get going on something.

...Will do! Hope to mount today. Pretty nasty weather for the last few days in Indiana.

Geez Louise! Get yer raincoat on and get out there and mount those suckers! For your CamBudds bro! For your CamBudds!

But don't fall of the ladder.

...But they said any cameras managed by the NVR must be plugged directly into it's POE ports as stated in the users manual. Well, for me this is a deal breaker unless some really good non-Swann NVR solution is available for these (i.e. BlueIris confirmed, etc.). Anyone have any thoughts on what else to do since on paper these cameras look really good?

Of course they did. Swann sells all sorts of Qrap, from door chimes to baby monitors to NVR systems. They want to sell complete NVR systems and they offer extra camera packs for their complete systems. They may have no idea what you're talking about. And they certainly don't want to support cameras hooked up to systems other than their own. If these units are made by HIKVision, and if they support RTSP, I'm certain they'll work in many different configurations.

I'll have mine in a few days and will post everything I find out.

The NVR package is here:

http://www.costco.com/Swann-8-Channel-HD-NVR-Security-System-with-2TB-Hard-Drive-and-4-1080p-IP-Cameras.product.100027599.html

After looking over the users manual for the NVR I didn't see it talk about adding in cameras outside it's POE ports (over it's WAN port). This is important to me since some of the future cameras will simply be plugged into POE switches on my LAN. I emailed Swann and asked. They responded VERY fast (within an hour!) which I thought was exceptional. But they said any cameras managed by the NVR must be plugged directly into it's POE ports as stated in the users manual. Well, for me this is a deal breaker unless some really good non-Swann NVR solution is available for these (i.e. BlueIris confirmed, etc.). Anyone have any thoughts on what else to do since on paper these cameras look really good?

Woah! You mean if the cameras aren't plugged into their POE Ports, It's Impossible to have the cameras?

This is rediculous. I take it their 8 chan system has 8 POE Ports?

I would rather not have the poe ports and use a powered switch in the attic or basement.....

Q2U: I missed your post with my above reply. Yeah I would assume they didn't understand...

Like I said I would rather not have the poe ports and use a powered switch...

When you get your system, Please do a FULL review, Lots of pictures and videos. Like above said, For your Cambudds!!!

The NVR package is here:

Woah! You mean if the cameras aren't plugged into their POE Ports, It's Impossible to have the cameras?

This is rediculous. I take it their 8 chan system has 8 POE Ports?

I would rather not have the poe ports and use a powered switch in the attic or basement.....

Q2U: I missed your post with my above reply. Yeah I would assume they didn't understand...

Like I said I would rather not have the poe ports and use a powered switch...

When you get your system, Please do a FULL review, Lots of pictures and videos. Like above said, For your Cambudds!!!

No, this is not true. I got the 2 pack, and use a 24 port Cisco POE switch...works fine with no other components. So, as long as you HAVE a POE Switch, these cameras work fine. Nothing else required.

Heres a daytime video with it being sunny and overcast.

Beginning is under pretty good sun. Then goes to overcast. This is factory settings, the only thing I changed was turning on WDR. So colors / etc have not been adjusted.

At about 4:30 you can see someone walk by as well.

Heres a daytime video with it being sunny and overcast...

This is a darn good image I think. Now I'm really excited. " title="Applause" />

...Q2U: ... Like above said, For your Cambudds!!!...

...must...help...the...CamBudds...

No, this is not true. I got the 2 pack, and use a 24 port Cisco POE switch...works fine with no other components. So, as long as you HAVE a POE Switch, these cameras work fine. Nothing else required.

bbp30... are you using their NVR? Swann wasn't saying the cameras wouldn't work without being in NVR's POE ports. Only that the NVR required them to be plugged directly in. It could be that they didn't understand but its also not in the NVR's users manual. So I figured it would be prudent to check out. Anyway, that's why I'm interested in alternatives to their NVR that work good with these cameras since the cameras seem pretty darn nice!

Heres a daytime video with it being sunny and overcast.

Beginning is under pretty good sun. Then goes to overcast. This is factory settings, the only thing I changed was turning on WDR. So colors / etc have not been adjusted.

At about 4:30 you can see someone walk by as well.

Good work, just gave you PM

bbp30... are you using their NVR? Swann wasn't saying the cameras wouldn't work without being in NVR's POE ports. Only that the NVR required them to be plugged directly in. It could be that they didn't understand but its also not in the NVR's users manual. So I figured it would be prudent to check out. Anyway, that's why I'm interested in alternatives to their NVR that work good with these cameras since the cameras seem pretty darn nice!

Nope. Just using an old Cisco SGE2000P 24 port gigabit POE switch and RTSP to view stream.

I see the right side edge is blurry, where the rest of the image is crisp- even the left side edge is crisp. Huh. Please post some night vid too- and thanks for this.

I see the right side edge is blurry, where the rest of the image is crisp- even the left side edge is crisp. Huh. Please post some night vid too- and thanks for this.

I have this cam assuming it is the same one that came with the NVR 4 cam package and can confirm that the right edge is indeed soft during daytime. Got the cam today and havent seen nightfall yet.