buellwinkle

2 1080P IR Bullets at Costco for 349

But the iVMS-4000 software provides a method to "Reset to DVR's default." You may want to check that out...

Yea I asked about that. In order for the hikvision software to interact with the camera, I have to remove them from the DVR and connect them to their own poe switch since swann doesnt give us access to add an ip forward to the dvr. Which isnt a big deal...Ill be messing with it tonight.

Yes, it does have the issue where the image is soft on the right and combined with the camera going haywire, I would contact Swann in Los Angeles and see if they can send you a working camera as soon as possible.

May be better to get it from Swann as then you'll know you are getting a good one rather than maybe another bad one from the same batch Costco has.

It would be good to know how decent their support is. If they give you a hard time, let them know all eyes here are watching. If you have to return it to Costco, might as well try flashing it with HikVision firmware, nothing to lose at that point.

Swann Communications U.S.A. Inc.

12636 Clark Street,

Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670 USA

1800 627-2799

great. now these cameras are going haywire. you know that only happened because i just ordered 4 of them. I may think it is the NVR? seems most the people on here that have the cams have them hooked up to a POE and there own software. I had a swan DVR that would make the cams do a rolling flicker thing from time to time. Try reducing your frame rate. I think there NVR/DVRs dont do well loaded

I just noticed in the screen capture Q2U did of the web interface/network that it lists the interface as 10/100/1000. Does this camera have a gigabit interface (not that it needs it)? the DS-2CD2032-I lists only a 10/100 interface, that would certainly be a hardware difference between the two.

I just noticed in the screen capture Q2U did of the web interface/network that it lists the interface as 10/100/1000. Does this camera have a gigabit interface (not that it needs it)? the DS-2CD2032-I lists only a 10/100 interface, that would certainly be a hardware difference between the two.

Yes, I noticed that also the other day. So I tried setting that dropdown to "1000mbps Full Duplex" and the setting failed (I forgot what the fail message was, but it indicated to be that the cam did not have a 1000mbps interface capability). So I set the dropdown to "Auto" and my 10/100/1000 POE switch status lights tell me that this camera is not connecting at 1000mbps.

Edited by Guest

great. now these cameras are going haywire. you know that only happened because i just ordered 4 of them. I may think it is the NVR? seems most the people on here that have the cams have them hooked up to a POE and there own software. I had a swan DVR that would make the cams do a rolling flicker thing from time to time. Try reducing your frame rate. I think there NVR/DVRs dont do well loaded

Im on the horn with them now we will see what they say. I shouldnt have to reduce my resolution. I never under sood why these manufactuers dont just throw like an I3 that has the hd and video codec built in to the chip and chipset in these things...blows my mind!

Edit: they are sending it up to advanced tech support. They dont want me to touch the cameras. She remoted in and saw it do it. She didnt even address the soft right side. Im going to send this post to the swann tech that responded

Edited by Guest

I would not consider that to mean that there is a hardware difference. more then likely its just a generic value set in the software to be compatible with a device that is gigabit. the specifications of the hikvision version (DS-2CD2032-I) show it to be 10/100.

Im on the horn with them now we will see what they say. I shouldnt have to reduce my resolution. I never under sood why these manufactuers dont just throw like an I3 that has the hd and video codec built in to the chip and chipset in these things...blows my mind!

Edit: they are sending it up to advanced tech support. They dont want me to touch the cameras. She remoted in and saw it do it. She didnt even address the soft right side. Im going to send this post to the swann tech that responded

I have a theory about this. I have the nvr set to take a picture when an event happens. Perhaps. that White flash is the camera taking a picture of the event. It would be interesting to disable that and see if the problem continues! Eitherr way though that doesnt change the softness. and taking pictures shouldnt cause that problem period.

Probably it's the Ethernet cable not providing enough power.

Maybe...They provide 60ft of cable, I used "their cables" It would be their nvr not providing enough power, since the switch is built in. Im going to connect them to my poe switch tonight to see if the problem is still there. My guesss is its a sfotware problem more than a hardware problem.

Maybe...They provide 60ft of cable, I used "their cables" It would be their nvr not providing enough power, since the switch is built in. Im going to connect them to my poe switch tonight to see if the problem is still there. My guesss is its a sfotware problem more than a hardware problem.

Bro...no offense intended...but this thread is about the cameras. Maybe you should take your NVR issue over to the Swann NVR Costco "New IP Cam / Costco System" topic? Just a suggestion, really no offense intended. I would just like to see this topic centered around the Swann\Costco camera 2-pack.

Bro...no offense intended...but this thread is about the cameras. Maybe you should take your NVR issue over to the Swann NVR Costco "New IP Cam / Costco System" topic? Just a suggestion, really no offense intended. I would just like to see this topic centered around the Swann\Costco camera 2-pack.

I was just thinking about that...That this really belongs over there. However. I am indeed having issues with the camreas. Ill let you guys know what swann says.

Tech Support Contact

Tech Support Email Swann Lifetime Support

North America

USA Telephone Support: 1800 627 2799

Operating Hours

Monday: 24 Hours

Tuesday: 24 Hours

Wednesday: 24 Hours

Thursday: 24 Hours

Friday: 24 Hours

Saturday: 24 Hours

Sunday: 24 Hours

I was looking for an power adapter for my Swann\Costco SWNHD-820CAM, so I called at 9:40AM EST (GMT-5) and here is what I heard...

I'm sorry, the customer service department is closed. Please call back during regular business hours, 8:30AM to 5:00PM Pacific Time

How annoying is that?

Hi mate,

Our apologies. Spare parts are handled by US customer service which is only open for the US warehouse/office opening hours. You would likely have chosen 'spare parts' from the IVR.

Tech is open all the time but we cannot process spares.

If you've got bits and pieces lying around you'll probably have a 12V switching adaptor there somewhere? Min 500mA should do the trick.

If you've got bits and pieces lying around you'll probably have a 12V switching adaptor there somewhere? Min 500mA should do the trick.

G'day and thanks mate! Yes I have many spare 12v adaptors laying around, but I'm afraid I'll burn out the cams with one because the required amperage is not specified. I understand 12v output, but how many amps is too many amps? You said 500ma minimum, but how many amps is too much? Does this matter?

G'day and thanks mate! Yes I have many spare 12v adaptors laying around, but I'm afraid I'll burn out the cams with one because the required amperage is not specified. I understand 12v output, but how many amps is too many amps? You said 500ma minimum, but how many amps is too much? Does this matter?

Relax

u will not burn camera

as long as your adapter has at least 500 ma u are ok ( as per Swann Tech )

even if u have adapter rated for 50 Amp u are ok

Relax

u will not burn camera

Thanks. This shows you how much I know about electricity.

Is everyone having the blurring issues with the right side of these cams? If not, is it the cam or hardware/software causing it?

Relax

u will not burn camera

Thanks. This shows you how much I know about electricity.

The key word is 'switching'. These regulate the output and so will not damage devices that they are overrated for.

The key word is 'switching'. These regulate the output and so will not damage devices that they are overrated for.

Right. I've never seen a 12v external power supply with the word "switching" printed on it. What I do see is "Output 12v" (and the the amperage printed next to it). So I have no idea how I would know if the power supply I had was "switching" capable or not. Why don't you just give me the camera's 12v amperage spec.

Right. I've never seen a 12v external power supply with the word "switching" printed on it. What I do see is "Output 12v" (and the the amperage printed next to it). So I have no idea how I would know if the power supply I had was "switching" capable or not. Why don't you just give me the camera's 12v amperage spec.

Go to local store and buy Multimeter

measure voltage

if it's measure 12 V with and without load then most likely u have switching adapter

if show 14-16 V then put in garbage

@Q......So I cannot just plug the Swann in a PoE switch hooked to my router and the router will identify as an attached device as it did with the Q-SEE? Then use the IP address to access the camera through IE? Why do I need to use the Hikvision Client Software iVMS-4000 V2.04.01.03 (Windows)? Does the camera have a fixed IP address?

Most newer wall warts supplied with equipment today are the switching, regulated adapters he is talking about. The ones that are not are more bulky as they house a large transformer and should be noticeably heavy. I cant say for sure when most stuff switched over maybe 10+ years ago. If he is saying use a 12v @ .5 Amps would mean the camera pulls less than 6 watts.