shockwave199

Dahua 4 channel POE NVR and 2MP mini dome cams

I just installed a 4 camera system for a daycare center. I litreally just got done a couple hours ago. Installing wipes me out man! Anyway, I'm still tweaking the system and getting to know it. This is a quick shot of 720p at night in reception- only two lights on. All I can say is I'm totally spoiled, as I knew I would be. Now I want some! LOL.

1584986845_receptionnight.thumb.jpg.86f631bb3bbfff3d9596cfde15cecf7e.jpg

I just installed a 4 camera system for a daycare center. I litreally just got done a couple hours ago. Installing wipes me out man! Anyway, I'm still tweaking the system and getting to know it. This is a quick shot of 720p at night in reception- only two lights on. All I can say is I'm totally spoiled, as I knew I would be. Now I want some! LOL.

[attachment=0]reception night.jpg[/attachment]

Congrat

u can finally see difference between Analog and IP with your OWN EYES

good luck

Edited by Guest

LOL- yeah, broke my cherry. I knew the difference. That's why when the client asked for a system I didn't even suggest analog. If I'm gonna go through the trouble and he's got the budget- no brainer. Plus I put in three exterior mini domes too, and I did NOT want IR with bugs all over them eventually. Even though the parking lot pics are a little noisy, there's no IR to muck things up.

1829530796_P-lot1.thumb.jpg.690a3189e7c4d46ccaae533abec4a8ae.jpg

1103093234_Frontdoor.thumb.jpg.4d2eac9b5921a454470db63321598eca.jpg

LOL- yeah, broke my cherry. I knew the difference. That's why when the client asked for a system I didn't even suggest analog. If I'm gonna go through the trouble and he's got the budget- no brainer. Plus I put in three exterior mini domes too, and I did NOT want IR with bugs all over them eventually. Even though the parking lot pics are a little noisy, there's no IR to muck things up

Not bad for outside shots

Those are nice images. I put an IPC-HDB3200C in a clients store last fall and it really does a good job. I just used it in a pinch, but client liked it and was fine with the NO WARRANTY OPTION so we left it. Low cost and quality image are finally achievable. Crossing my fingers and hoping it last at least a year.

Those images, inside and outside, are nice. I have been extremely satisfied with my 2MP Dahua domes (after some tweaking and a firmware upgrade). I think that, as a so called "budget brand", they are nice cameras. I think that buying them from a reputable seller is the key, as dealing directly with Dahua is not an option.

If your like me, now the next time you install analog, you'll keep focusing and focusing thinking the picture could get better.

I just landed a job for a warehouse in PA and I'm installing 8 2100's and NVR. He didn't even ask for megapixel, he asked

for a camera system, thats all. I'm paying like 20 bucks more for the camera than I would an analog. The NVR is just a tad bit

more, and I have to buy a POE, but I priced the job in order to make the profit I was looking for so he's getting megapixel

whether he likes it or not cause thats what I would rather install. Plus, no one works there and he's ordering a dedicated

broadband modem strictly for the camera system, so it should work out nicely.

Nice pretty pictures now show us some with something moving!!!!

Just a short clip of one of the 4 Dahua hdb3200 recording to dahua nvr 3204

Quality is even better when viewing the recordings over hdmi through the nvr.

1vSHRFeqrn0

Nice pretty pictures now show us some with something moving!!!!

I'm assuming you're talking the night shots. The camera is on default settings and since by nightfall the facility is empty, it'll have to wait until there is something to show. I'll be curious myself. The cameras are set at default, so I don't think there will be a problem. No special shutter speeds set, I don't believe.

I'm assuming you're talking the night shots. The camera is on default settings and since by nightfall the facility is empty, it'll have to wait until there is something to show. I'll be curious myself. The cameras are set at default, so I don't think there will be a problem. No special shutter speeds set, I don't believe.

If this is the same firmware as their 2MP bullets, the default speed at night is pretty slow, with the low frame rate that goes along with it. The image quality is quite nice, though.

I limited mine to 17ms (1/60 sec), since I was still getting motion blur at 33ms, and the night quality dropped a good bit. Always a trade-off, of course. Looking forward to more detail on this!

I don't know if you've tried out those new Axis cams with 'lightfinder' (e.g. 1604E). That's some amazing shtuff - no IRs and it does night shots in colour. I've installed dozens of these and the images are great.

Does anyone know of another manufacturer that has this tech?

ACTi has their KCM-5611, 1080P IR box camera to me has comparable low light capability, is double the resolution of Axis Lightfinder cameras and has IR LEDs that work in complete darkness.

The ultimate is the Mobotix cameras with dedicated day and b&w night sensors. The new D15 dome dnight model has a 5MP color sensor during the day and 3MP b&w sensor at night for great low light sensitivity. We use the older model, the D14 without any additional lighting.

I really like your reviews, B.

When it comes to low light, many residential applications aren't just low light, but complete darkness. The sides of homes are many times completely dark, with motion sensor lights that pop on if needed. I would suggest that your reviews include how all cameras look in total darkness, be low light goodies and all cameras with IR. No landscape lights, no nothing- darkness. That is the reality of many residential applications and that is what tells the real story about what any camera that includes IR really looks like as well.

Thanks for your reviews!

I have a question about the Dahua IPC-3200 (not c). I hope this is the one you installed here. I want to buy one and wall mount it. Is that possible? Does it have... how do you call this... gimbal-mount or something? I basically want it to look along the wall I want to mount it on.

Thanks.

The mini dome cannot do extreme pan- 35 degrees or so left or right and that's it. That's not terrible in a number of instances, but it is limited when wall mounted. You might be able to find a wall mount bracket and prefab some kind of working situation because it won't fit the mini dome. But installing it with this type of bracket would help the situation greatly-

195460410_wallmountbracket.jpg.e94b11c77d75a9d021e55ed0af6e81c9.jpg

Thanks for the quick reply! I feared that would be the case - now I need to decide if I am going to look for that bracket or simply buy the IPC-HFW3200.

I don't know if you've tried out those new Axis cams with 'lightfinder' (e.g. 1604E). That's some amazing shtuff - no IRs and it does night shots in colour. I've installed dozens of these and the images are great.

Does anyone know of another manufacturer that has this tech?

Yea check out Sony Gen 6 cameras. From the demos that we saw at ISC West I thought they where better then the Axis Lightfinder cameras.