buellwinkle

New Dahua NVR - 5MP, 240fps of 1080P and 8 PoE ports

For those fans of Dahua that like their higher resolution cameras and wants more frames per second on 1080P cameras and want 8 PoE ports, here's your NVR. DSD has them available.

DH-NVR5208/5216/5232-P

Features

> Up to 8/16/32 channel with 1080p realtime live view

> H.264/MJPEG dual codec decoding

> Up to 5Mp resolution

> Max 240fps@1080p, 480fps@720p, 960ps@D1 preview & recording

> HDMI / VGA simultaneous video output

> 16 channel synchronous realtime playback, GRID interface

> Support Multi-brand network cameras: Dahua, Arecont Vision, AXIS, Bosch, Brickcom, Canon, CP Plus, Dynacolor, Honeywell, Panasonic, Pelco, Samsung, Sanyo, Sony, Videosec, Vivotech and etc.

> ONVIF Version 2.0 conformance

> 3D intelligent positioning with Dahua PTZ camera

> 8 PoE ports, Plug&Play

> Support 2 SATA HDDs up to 8TB, 2 USB2.0

> Multiple network monitoring: Web viewer, CMS(DSS/PSS) & DMSS

I don't think they have release a price on this yet. I too received the email from DSD, but without the price and they don't

reply to my email asking for the price. I really like that it records up to 5mp. I was thinking on using one of their 3mp

vandal domes on one of my jobs, but the NVR I was using only goes up to 2mp.

its been available here since last year

but again it has very bad limits. it cant record 4 x 5mp on 4 way

It's probably not very expensive, so what do you expect? But at least if you have one 5mp camera, you will be able to record it now on a reasonably priced NVR. If you have more than one 5mp camera in your system, chances are your not on a tight budget

and would be able to afford a higher priced NVR that will record more than one. It's nice to have options out there to fit certain budgets and needs. I think it's great what Dahua is doing and rather than pointing out what it is unable to do, I think it

does alot for the money. What do they say, best bang for the buck!

Okay, so let's send up a flag. Maybe hire a plane to write the question in the sky so someone acknowledges it.

WHO THE F IS DSD?

I was just told by Tina at DSD that an 8 channel NVR can record 2 channels real time at 5mp. She also said the 32 channel can

record 8 channels of 5mp.

The 8 channel is 398usd

The 16 channel is 430usd

The 32 channel is 475usd

Those are pretty good prices for an NVR that can record at least one 5mp IP camera!

Sorry I'm confused, But clear me up.

It records 5MP, but only displays 1080P? or only records 1080P?

Do you have to pull the file from the nvr to a computer to view the 5MP video/image?

Thank you very much.

That is pretty good, Being able to have 1 or 2 Higher mp cams, then the rest 1080P.

I was just told by Tina at DSD that an 8 channel NVR can record 2 channels real time at 5mp. She also said the 32 channel can

record 8 channels of 5mp.

The 8 channel is 398usd

The 16 channel is 430usd

The 32 channel is 475usd

Those are pretty good prices for an NVR that can record at least one 5mp IP camera!

See you don't have the 4 channel listed.

I bet she never told you that adding the 5mp brings the limit of the NVR right down

Take the 8 channel ......you can have 3 x 5mp cameras .....they say 4 but for any descent frame rate 3is max.

So it turns a 8 channel NVR into a 3 channel .......you can't fill the other channels it's maxed out

The 4 channel as a standed NVR is ok .......till you add a 5mp but it max out with 1x5mp and 1x 2mp

Do you have to pull the file from the nvr to a computer to view the 5MP video/image?

Thank you very much.

That is pretty good, Being able to have 1 or 2 Higher mp cams, then the rest 1080P.

Does anyone know a TV or monitor that can display 2592 x 1944 ? The reason for a 5mp camera is for higher detail

when you need to zoom into something.

Are you wearing this shirt Tom?

listen victor ....... WE SELL it.

the problem I have is the thread before people think is runs 5mp on all channels.

so why your getting personal I have no clue ???? so please tell me...... have I not given some info for people to try understand it better.

members might think 32 way with 5mp cameras ......... but in real life its a 32 that can only run 10 x 5mp so you loose 22 cameras

and the other problem (you might not find it important) but buyers will. this range is called there compact range and with that it has limited HD space 10 x 5mp with 4TB is not that many days ..... yes it has an accessory esata drive box but it puts a big price on.

You really have issues Tim. Have you seen someone that might help you for that?

issues with what ????? why giving info is having issues. is that not what the forum is for

and again you have gone personal WHY

Thank you very much.

Does anyone know a TV or monitor that can display 2592 x 1944 ? The reason for a 5mp camera is for higher detail

when you need to zoom into something.

Yes, I understand that, but I seriously must be stupid because I was under the assumption you can't record 5MP inside of 1080P, Since 5MP is a higher resolution ( Correct? ) then recording 1080P doesn't give you the full 5MP.

Seriously, I'm sure I'm wrong. I'm just trying to learn, and for some reason I'm being thrown off...

Are you saying it's always 1080P, but because it's higher MP when you zoom in, there are the extra pixels allowing for the better detail once you zoom in?

You really have issues Tim. Have you seen someone that might help you for that?

issues with what ????? why giving info is having issues. is that not what the forum is for

and again you have gone personal WHY

Someone who explodes over a little t-shirt? Someone that starts off their comment with listen Victor. You know damn well that is not my name. Yes, you have issues. You need to sit down, take a breath, and call your therapist.

Yes, we all know you are god and that you know it all. You are the perfect cctv installer, no one better out there. Thank you lord O mighty for pointing out all the negatives of this cheapo garbage crap NVR system. Thank you so much for all your wisdom and

buyer beware advise! You are 100% right. No one should ever purchase this crap system, it has no reason to be in human existence. If you record 5mp's you LOOSE other channels! OMG, someone call the FBI, DEA, NYPD!!!!! HEY BUYERS, BEWARE OF THIS GARBAGE!! STAY AWAY!!! IT'S DAHUA CHINESE JUNK!! DO NOT BUY IT!! BEWARE!!! BEWARE!!! BEWARE!!!!

Thanks tom for the info. I wont be buying this system because I picked up the swann from Costco. It seems to work well enough for me. This dahua nvr would be something that I might have picked up if I was going to go the separate camera and nvr route.

Im still trying to figure out why blue iris is only 50.00 and others are thousands, but that's a different question for a different thread.

Im new here and once again thanks for the info.

Were you in the market for a 5mp NVR but decided to go with the swan kit? Weird.....

No not at all. It came down to as I needed something with the quickness. The swann looked like a decent deal for what it was and it works well for my needs, and makes the wife happy (which is all that matters) I had a budget of "the best bang for my buck" I looked at building my own system rather it be with a product like blue iris or a dahua dvr. And while I work in IT, and deal with Public Safety on a daily basis, camera systems are something that are NOT my expertise.

When I decide Ive out grown the swann system. I will look at something else...maybe something like this dahua, or something else all together. Toms info is good for me because when I was looking at dahua I noticed this NVR was coming soon, and the specs were enticing. Not that I ever plan to use 5MP cameras but its good to know the limitations.

Has anyone ordered any of these units & has one in production?

The price is not bad. I recently ordered a HikVision NVR unit thinking Dahua would take a while to start selling their new NVRs. They have had some cameras on their website for some time but are still not available for sale here in the US.

Anyway, does anyone know the current bandwidth limit of these new NVRs? The older NVR32XX choked at a maximum of 32Mbps, which I would see literally when I had 2 Axis P3364-LVE cameras connected. I suspect that these new NVRs have a bandwidth limit of 64Mbps. This would probably explain the four 5Mbps camera limit that Tom was alluding to.

Does this 5Mbps camera 'limitation' make this NVR series a bad purchase, I would say no. At its price point this is an excellent NVR. Each NVR has a niche that it is suited for. For those folks needing more than four 5Mbps cameras you are definately looking at the wrong NVR. You should at a minimum look at the HikVision DS-9632NI-ST or stick with the Dahua NVR60XX series. Note the 60XX NVR does support 8Mbps cameras, if 5Mbps is still not enough.