lamsao

Lorex 8-channel NVR with 6 1080p cams @Costco for $999.99

They are expensive and out of stock. Why not order the Hikvision bullet or dome that are 3MP?

Yes they are out of stock. Can you send me a link to the Hikvision. Thanks

PM Sent

Anyone have any luck upgrading their firmware on the SWANN NVR8-7200? The swann.com/downloads directory has the new firmware update for my NVR but i dont want to do it if its going to break it. I want to update however if there are enhancements, etc with the device.

Thanks.

Anyone have any luck upgrading their firmware on the SWANN NVR8-7200? The swann.com/downloads directory has the new firmware update for my NVR but i dont want to do it if its going to break it. I want to update however if there are enhancements, etc with the device.

Thanks.

Contact swann tech here on the forum. DO NOT ATTEMPT IT YOURSELF

Edit: I see they have aUID fix firmware...my suspicion is this fixes the disapperaring User ID

one of my bullets... has officially died.

Can't access, can't find with sadp, tried to reset power to no avail.

Maybe i need to get up there and hit the button on the damn camera

any way to hard reset without pressing the button?

I had a bunch seem to "die" this summer, no amount of rebooting would bring them back. Because of the convoluted way to reset them, and doing it alone, I had to go up on a ladder and remove the cameras from the j boxes, do the power cut by unplugging the cable. Because you have to do something like hit the reset, kill the power, return power (while still holding reset) and hold it for another 30 seconds. I was not impressed, especially since the 6th one was on a second story roof.

That did bring them back to life, though. Look in the manual for the reset proceedure as I don't remember exactly what it was. It might bring it back.

I have the 8 channel system with just 6 bullets and it has started dropping a camera from view. It hasn't shown all six in a long time on the TV, but they all show on the computers and the ipod and asus tablet. Everything but an HDMI TV hook up (two different TV's, too).

Is this a common problem and is there a solution? I am barely nipping the bandwith limit. Every time I reboot the DVR a different camera drops out. Eventually they all come back as far as being available, but only 5 of the six show on the TV. If I double click on the one not showing it shows in full screen on the TV, but not the smaller 5+1 preview. I can always log into the cameras themselves with my laptop and confirm they are all working so it is a DVR issue.

Is there something wrong with this DVR? I only have 6 of the available 8 ports in use. How can I ever add another 2 if it is choking already??

I had a bunch seem to "die" this summer, no amount of rebooting would bring them back. Because of the convoluted way to reset them, and doing it alone, I had to go up on a ladder and remove the cameras from the j boxes, do the power cut by unplugging the cable. Because you have to do something like hit the reset, kill the power, return power (while still holding reset) and hold it for another 30 seconds. I was not impressed, especially since the 6th one was on a second story roof.

That did bring them back to life, though. Look in the manual for the reset proceedure as I don't remember exactly what it was. It might bring it back.

oh boy, have this mounted ~25 up on a ladder, corner of the house on the soffit. guess i'll have to go up there and radio a helper to power cycle.

oh boy, have this mounted ~25 up on a ladder, corner of the house on the soffit. guess i'll have to go up there and radio a helper to power cycle.

I had to do it twice on a couple of them because I apparently didn't hold my mouth right or something while counting to 30......

I did have my iPod in my pocket though so I could see when the camera went live again. At least I didn't have to climb down and go inside to find that out!

I have this Lorex NVR and cameras and have been overall very pleased with them. Can anyone tell me if any of the Hikvision or Swann IP cameras will be plug and play with this NVR? Lorex, of course, says no, but I'm sure some probably do. I'm looking for a better variety of options than what Lorex offers. Thanks in advance...

I have this Lorex NVR and cameras and have been overall very pleased with them. Can anyone tell me if any of the Hikvision or Swann IP cameras will be plug and play with this NVR? Lorex, of course, says no, but I'm sure some probably do. I'm looking for a better variety of options than what Lorex offers. Thanks in advance...

yes they will work, you just have to manually change the PW on the cameras to match that of the LOREX, i believe lorex factory set PW is 00000 or something like that. someone correct me though, i haven't checked in a while.

yes they will work, you just have to manually change the PW on the cameras to match that of the LOREX, i believe lorex factory set PW is 00000 or something like that. someone correct me though, i haven't checked in a while.

Yes, Lorex is 000000 (six zeros)

If anyone was wondering (I certainly was) even though the cameras are only rated to -4 F I have had mine working at 18 below so far. I was going to wrap some foam insulation around them, but haven't done it yet. It will get colder, I wonder how far they will go?

If anyone was wondering (I certainly was) even though the cameras are only rated to -4 F I have had mine working at 18 below so far. I was going to wrap some foam insulation around them, but haven't done it yet. It will get colder, I wonder how far they will go?

let us know when they stop working, your location suggests some very cold winters!

can someone help me plz? i just recently purchased a lorex nvr with 6 ip cameras and bought 2 hikvision cameras. I change the pw to 000000 on the hikvisions, but the camera is not working on the lorex nvr. What can I do to fix this?

let us know when they stop working, your location suggests some very cold winters!

Confirmed working to 21 below zero so far! No insulation yet.

well all 4 of mine just made it through the harsh northern ontario weather, it was -34C a few nights ago and with the windchill it was at least -40C

pretty impressed with that!

Does the remote playback function at a reasonable speed for anyone else using this Lorex 8-channel NVR (Costco version with 6 cameras)?

I posted this back in December, but unfortunately chose the wrong forum.

http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=39129

I just installed one of the lorex 8 channel (6 camera) 1080P NVR systems (Lorex LNR382). Everything seemed to go ok, but video playback using the iphone app, or the nethd pc client software is really slow and choppy.

It takes several seconds per second of recorded footage to display. The fast forward modes (x2, x4) don't play any faster. This happens when I connect with a wired connection over the LAN or if I go somewhere offsite and view it remotely.

Any ideas? It replays fine if I stand at the NVR. I've tried adjusting the record settings for the main stream and substream, but I haven't found a combination that works well.

Any ideas what to try or where the bottle neck might be? I can't imagine that the rest of the users are accepting this.

LNR380, Cisco Linksys E3200 router

On the mobile app mine is the same way. If you knew when something happened it is useable, but if you have to search, forget it! 10 seconds per second playback speed.

I never really used it so I never worried about it, but it would be nice to knw if there is a fix.

On the mobile app mine is the same way. If you knew when something happened it is useable, but if you have to search, forget it! 10 seconds per second playback speed.

I never really used it so I never worried about it, but it would be nice to knw if there is a fix.

That is because the NVR doesn't playback the mobile (2nd stream), it only plays back the main (1st) stream, the full quality one.

It is kinda unusable most of the time because of this unless you have a very high upload speed with the ISP.

For me its not just the mobile app that's slow. Its Slow even when viewed from a desk top computer that is hard wired to the same router.

For me its not just the mobile app that's slow. Its Slow even when viewed from a desk top computer that is hard wired to the same router.

On my desktop with their viewer I can run 8x and it scoots pretty good. I can also go to the web interface and it is OK. Just the mobile app is bad. I have Ok upload speeds, but not like other people can get in the lower 48.