lamsao

Lorex 8-channel NVR with 6 1080p cams @Costco for $999.99

MaxIcon, where did you source the ones in the picture you posted?

Mine came with the cameras. Each cam had a bag with the matching connector parts in it.

For spider webs, I use the Webster, which is soft enough to not move the camera and designed for spider webs. I've only got one floor, though. You can get them at Amazon.

228378_1.jpg

I picked up the Lorex 8-channel on sale from Costco online. I am working through the testing/set up process (as a relative noob). Minor frustration that one of the ethernet cables was bad and Lorex wants me to mail the bad one before they'll send me a new one. Pretty poor customer service, but I digress.

I cannot seem to get HDMI output to work to view output through my TV. The manual lists a menu and process to change the monitor settings, but those menus are not anywhere to be found on the Windows, Mac or IOS versions.

Can anyone tell me out to change the setting to get the HDMI output working?? Kind of a deal breaker if it is not working.

Also, assuming I can get everything satisfactorily working, what are the least expensive options for adding the last two more bullet cameras since the package came with 6 cameras?

I am hopeful that the picture quality will be good. There are some posted pics of a Hikvision 3mp feed that are crystal clear. My cameras set up inside have OK image quality, but nothing like the ones posted elsewhere.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

David

David, you need to hook up a vga cable and then use the local menus to change the resolution to the 1080p resolution to make the hdmi port work. Silly I know.

I was afraid of that. I guess I'll borrow a cable and monitor from work if my TV doesn't have a VGA port.

Silly is a polite word for it

Thank you for help. The set up and testing journey continues.

yeah, hardly any tvs have a vga port, and I'm sure 90%+ have hdmi ports these days.

That is why they don't enable it... makes too much sense.

not even a week yet and i have a spider web hanging off right in front of one of my cameras, gg to me! time to figure out how to remove it.

min has been up 6 hours and got a web already !!!

What you can do is spray the surrounding area with cedar oil, making sure that you cover the camera before spraying.

Spray a few square foot around where it's mounted.

We use this around our doorways and on our dogs too repel spiders and insects.

What you can do is spray the surrounding area with cedar oil, making sure that you cover the camera before spraying.

i will try but my hole house is ceader sided!! LOL maybe thats why they like the camera?

thank for the tip ")

I picked up the Lorex 8-channel on sale from Costco online. I am working through the testing/set up process (as a relative noob). Minor frustration that one of the ethernet cables was bad and Lorex wants me to mail the bad one before they'll send me a new one. Pretty poor customer service, but I digress.

I thought a cable was bad on mine, but it works in the 3x3 matrix. It would not work on the 5+1 or 7+1 setting.

The iPhone app and the PC viewer does not have the 5+1 and 7+1

Has anyone been able to get the email to work? (when a motion is detected, it sends you an email with an attached image)

i will try but my hole house is ceader sided!! LOL maybe thats why they like the camera?

thank for the tip ")

+ 1... I've also sprayed orange scented citrus on and around the camera area... and that too works well...

looks like this kit totally sold out on costco!

bought 2 of these, even though i'm only using 1 NVR hah, cameras were good enough of a price to buy it for the 6 cameras.

I passed on it. The comments on picture quality were too varied. I'm trying to find the actual Hik bullets and roll my own NVR.

I'm a little gun shy on Wrightwood though.

I passed on it. The comments on picture quality were too varied. I'm trying to find the actual Hik bullets and roll my own NVR.

honestly the nvr pq was only ok i did not spend too much time with it htough. , it looks a lot better on my own nvr as well, i bought them because it was still cheaper this way then buying separate cameras, with a better return policy and all.

honestly the nvr pq was only ok i did not spend too much time with it htough. , it looks a lot better on my own nvr as well, i bought them because it was still cheaper this way then buying separate cameras, with a better return policy and all.

Valid points.

Be sure to update this forum if your perception changes. I'm still in the market for something... Preferably before winter comes.

Do you think Costco will get the 2 pack lorex cameras back in stock?

they have the swann 2 packs still available, i didn't see the lorex cameras last time, i'm not sure if costco would list the same camera from 2 oems at the same time?

they have the swann 2 packs still available, i didn't see the lorex cameras last time, i'm not sure if costco would list the same camera from 2 oems at the same time?

I didn't realize they still had this available!

I brought home a monitor from work and have it hooked up to the NVR. I can see all 6 cameras on the monitor and, for the first time since I purchased the set, I can see the system software that is addressed in the manual.

Under the general tab, I can see the resolution settings and under the More settings link, I can see Menu Output Mode. Right now it says HDMI/VGA and that is the only option.

What is the specific setting that I need to change in order to activate HDMI output?

Previously I've connected the NVR to the HDMI input on my HDTV. The TV recognized that something was plugged into it, but nothing comes across--blank screen.

Thanks in advance for assistance.

Changing the resolution did it, thank you! " title="Applause" /> I now have the Lorex system coming through my HDTV.

Why Lorex would not ship with that resolution as default is a question. It would save a lot of hassle for noobs like me and the feeds look better.

Next step is to mount the cameras and get good with the remote since I do not plan on using the mouse much after the system is fully set up.

Who knows, Qsee did exactly the same thing.

Who uses VGA these days, I don't know, can't be many.

I can see a lot of the reviews mention that the hdmi not working, for both the Qsee and Lorex.

You'd think their (Lorex) tech support would know this too, if you can ever get to speak to them. I never have.

Changing the resolution did it, thank you! " title="Applause" /> I now have the Lorex system coming through my HDTV.

Why Lorex would not ship with that resolution as default is a question. It would save a lot of hassle for noobs like me and the feeds look better.

Next step is to mount the cameras and get good with the remote since I do not plan on using the mouse much after the system is fully set up.

mainly in case people use vga, and their monitor doesn't support the higher resolution.

Will the Swann cameras work in the Lorex NVR or do I have to flash the firmware?

Will the Swann cameras work in the Lorex NVR or do I have to flash the firmware?

wished i still had the swann cameras around to give you a 100% answer, but my 99% answer is that they will work because in the end, everything comes from hikvision. and they are all onvif compatible at the very least

plugging swann cameras into Lorex NVR, you will have to manually setup password etc, but that should be about it.