lamsao

Lorex 8-channel NVR with 6 1080p cams @Costco for $999.99

As for moisture getting inside, we had 5" of rain in So Cal in the past year, so have not had an opportunity to test that but I took the dome I was testing at home at near sea level up to our lake home at about 5,000' and when I unscrewed the screws for the dome cover, you can hear the air escaping (or entering), so it's an air tight seal.

As for domes vs. bullets. These are 2-axis domes, they pretty much have to be mounted facing down like mounted on a ceiling or a level roof eave. But domes have a cleaner, more discrete look and can't be easily tampered with. The bullets are way easier to install and point. At home I use bullets outside, domes inside. In commercial installs it's almost exclusively all domes because of their vandal resistance.

I was wondering if I should wait till I can get a deal with 6 bullets as I am not sure where I would mount the domes. I guess I could use one right above the front door, but not sure where the other one would go. Here is a picture of my house:

227961_1.jpg

I was wondering if I should wait till I can get a deal with 6 bullets as I am not sure where I would mount the domes. I guess I could use one right above the front door, but not sure where the other one would go. Here is a picture of my house:

That is a computer house, you can't kid me.

That is a computer house, you can't kid me.

correct it is the stock photo, but the design is the exact same. " title="Applause" />

In regards to those who received old revisions of the cameras in their order, I suggest you contact Costco customer service. I too received the older cameras and I called Costco to see if they can somehow specifically order the newer model for me. The rep I spoke to put me on hold while she contacted Lorex. She later informed me that I was mistakenly sent the older system and that someone will be contacting me in 24hrs. to provide me information/options to get my system swapped out. I'll keep everyone posted. Hope that helps those who got the older systems/cameras.

I installed these cameras at my friends house and i may say that the SWANN looks awesome compared to the LOREX kit. SWANN just looks better picture wise while the LOREX looks blocky when viewed full screen.

I installed these cameras at my friends house and i may say that the SWANN looks awesome compared to the LOREX kit. SWANN just looks better picture wise while the LOREX looks blocky when viewed full screen.

.. Confused... Conflicting reviews.

I'm gonna wait and try to grab the Hikvision bullets when they show their faces stateside. Any help with that is much appreciated.

that is weird considering they are all hikvision oem products. Please indicate what exact products you compared, and what they were compared to.

what kind of lighting conditions? if they were not under the same conditions, then your review is moot. i've had 6 swann mini bullets here that i ran for a while, and the lorex is the exact same image wise if i swapped them in.

So the cameras in the system are of lower build quality than the standalone or the cameras in the previous 4 camera system?

So the cameras in the system are of lower build quality than the standalone or the cameras in the previous 4 camera system?

main difference is the plastic sun shade, might seem like a downgrade to some, but i like the feature of separating the shade from the camera body, the larger bullets are all designed to have a separate sunshade, for heat control.

the current lorex bundles also come with cameras that have a fully black front end, which i believe helps with stray IR.

I'm looking at this for my parents house, can someone help me?

I'm trying to figure out if these NVRs will work with more than one camera on one port.

that have a long run to there garage and i would like to run 1 cat 6 the 250 feet to do this,

NVR > 250foot cat6 > small switch > 3 cameras (Poe injectors from here)

can the Poe be turned off or not used so it don't fry the switch?

if some has the time to test this that would be sweet !!

edit may also need this setup instead (not sure on the bandwidth requirments for MP cameras )

NVR > small switch (gig) > 250 foot > small gig switch > 3 cameras

I'm trying to figure out if these NVRs will work with more than one camera on one port.

that have a long run to there garage and i would like to run 1 cat 6 the 250 feet to do this,

edit may also need this setup instead (not sure on the bandwidth requirments for MP cameras )

poe is automatic, if provides power only when its needed. you won't have a problem doing what you have plan. just make sure that the cameras are being connected to a poe switch, or poe injectors.

the current lorex bundles also come with cameras that have a fully black front end, which i believe helps with stray IR.

Do you really think that the black paint and/or plastic is "IR absorbent"? It looks cool, although I prefer my all-white bullets to the new look. The black & white are more easily seen, IMO, than the white camera bodies.

poe is automatic, if provides power only when its needed. you won't have a problem doing what you have plan. just make sure that the cameras are being connected to a poe switch, or poe injectors.

thank you very much for the reply

Is it weird that on the costco's product page that is show a rating of 4.5 stars out of 42 reviews...BUT out of those 42 reviews only:

5 reviews are from "Costco members" and the other

37 reviews are from LOREX.com.

SO...it looks like LOREX is stacking the deck with the reviews because out of those 37 reviews all of them are 5-star or 4-star except ONE 3-star (ZERO 2-Star or 1-Star reviews????)

Out of the 5 reviews from Costco there are (2) 1-star, (1) 2-star, (1) 3-star, and (1) 5-star which is an average of 2.4-stars

http://www.costco.com/Lorex-8-Channel-Full-HD-Real-Time-PoE-NVR-Security-System-with-2TB-Hard-Drive-and-6-1080p-Cameras.product.100048576.html#BVRRWidgetID

Is it weird that on the costco's product page that is show a rating of 4.5 stars out of 42 reviews...BUT out of those 42 reviews only:

5 reviews are from "Costco members" and the other

37 reviews are from LOREX.com.

SO...it looks like LOREX is stacking the deck with the reviews because out of those 37 reviews all of them are 5-star or 4-star except ONE 3-star (ZERO 2-Star or 1-Star reviews????)

Out of the 5 reviews from Costco there are (2) 1-star, (1) 2-star, (1) 3-star, and (1) 5-star which is an average of 2.4-stars

http://www.costco.com/Lorex-8-Channel-Full-HD-Real-Time-PoE-NVR-Security-System-with-2TB-Hard-Drive-and-6-1080p-Cameras.product.100048576.html#BVRRWidgetID

one costco review was a doa, one was bad hdmi port, one had condensation inside cameras

the other bad review seems like the person doesn't know how to use the unit, thinking that digital zoom can help identify faces or license plates.

i would trust the fellow members on the forum over what costco.com members have to say. Can't say for sure if the Lorex reviews are all buffed up by lorex themselves.

I can say that i have 2 of the kits, i have 8 of the lorex cameras installed in 1 location, not using the nvrs though, but i have throughly tested all ports, hdmi, software etc, and they all work great, no DOA, one nvr assembled 6/2013, other one 7/2013. I have my cameras installed for only a bit over 3 days now, but we've had some heavy rain fall here and there, and it was humid as heck at some point too, no condensation issues in my cameras.

I found that (as with the Qsee NVR) that the HDMI port was disabled out of the box, had to connect a VGA cable to go into the settings to set a correct resolution.

I saw this problem a lot in their reviews, you'd think that they'd learn to set a default config with a working hdmi port.

That page for the electronics data on Costco isn't usually on the Costco site itself, its embedded from another location.

When I reviewed the Dahua NVR, I only used the HDMI port and it worked fine. Maybe Q-See does something to them, like their weird port 85 for their cameras.

Anybody know where I can find these connectors? I tried searching online with no success. Thanks!

Here's what the rest of the connector looks like. As BW says, these are for bulk cable, and have to be installed before crimping the connector.

Unassembled - the white rings are soft silicone rubber or similar. The large skinny ring seals between the two halves, and the small tall ring slips over the unterminated cable, and compresses against the loose half and the cable. It looks like it should be effective. I didn't use mine because I'm using pre-made cables.

227773_1.jpg

Assembled, ready to be screwed down and connected:

227773_2.jpg

Thanks for the link buellwinkle! Will those match up with the connectors on the cameras?

MaxIcon, where did you source the ones in the picture you posted?

not even a week yet and i have a spider web hanging off right in front of one of my cameras, gg to me! time to figure out how to remove it.

not even a week yet and i have a spider web hanging off right in front of one of my cameras, gg to me! time to figure out how to remove it.

Get a bigger spider.

broom is what i use works good and dont hurt the camera/lens (make sure you use the brooms with plastic Brussels or soft Brussels

can also spray some long term bug kill on the out side of the camera (cover the lens first) this way they die, once in spring and one or two more times is usually good.... depending how much direct rain it gets