reeves1985

Mini nvr questions

Hi dear all, i have some experience with old analog system, but now because of low prices of ip cameras and nvr i think to make simple home surveillance system(good chance also to learn something new).

My questions are:

- Is N6200-9EH (HI3535 chipset) NVR compatible with 720p camera (1280x720) ?

- Which one to choise N6200-9EH or N6200-8EL (HI3520 chipset), my all camera will be 720p or 1080p .

Hello all, need some help !

I connected my 2TB WD to ESCAM mini NVR , I'm turning the NVR and T.V on and the NVR just rebooting and not working, the T.V showing just the loading screen and that's it. i did format to the storage driver did helped little in the sense of its being loading longer but that's about it. Only when i disconnect the storage driver and rebooting the box , then its starting to work but without the 2TB WD.

Maybe someone know's what is the problem ?

I have a K108 8ch firmware 20150124

i have 2 x escam qd500 snails and motion detection works perfectly

i have an escam qd900wifi and motion detection does not work, any idea how to rectify this??

i also have an sricam sp008 is there a private library to get motion detection on this one?

Hi all,

I have same equipments (except sricam) and issue as this.

I am totally new to this, any assistance would be appreciated.

Also pm OP,

Thanks in advance.

I have a 2.5" harddrive recording using motion detect, but how do i get some of the footage onto my computer so that i can share it?

Can we use samba sharing?

There is no trace of any Samba support on the device. You can probably get samba binaries by building them for armv7 and running from harddrive, probably a bit more difficult to build the cifs kernel module without the original kernel sources, patches, configuration.

I've managed to mount a NFS share on the MiniNVR, since the nfs kernel module is already on the device. However I have no idea how to convince the ants application to record to a network share. Maybe it'll work if mounting the share on a path that is normally used to mount harddrives? But I don't know which location since I don't have an external drive yet, only had the MiniNVR for a couple of days.

There is no trace of any Samba support on the device. You can probably get samba binaries by building them for armv7 and running from harddrive, probably a bit more difficult to build the cifs kernel module without the original kernel sources, patches, configuration.

I've managed to mount a NFS share on the MiniNVR, since the nfs kernel module is already on the device. However I have no idea how to convince the ants application to record to a network share. Maybe it'll work if mounting the share on a path that is normally used to mount harddrives? But I don't know which location since I don't have an external drive yet, only had the MiniNVR for a couple of days.

Hi,

Would you be able to keep us informed of your progress?

I think this device could be better than it is currently. Network shares would be a win!

Good evening everyone.

I add a further message to this useless thread.

Useless because it solves or settled only 0.001% of the problems of all of us.

There is little to say: These machines can not do what they should.

it is useless to appeal to the fact that manufacturers of cameras to customize how their protocol onvif.

Just try any type of permit management software IP video cameras to be able to fully control them, including the fateful motion.

I speak of Genius Vision: find the cam onvif imposed immediately and more areas of motio and everything works the first time.

Not much else to say except:

needless to throw money (AND TIME) for these phantom mini NVR put into different boxes but with the same common problems.

The design of these NVR is wrong to base

Alberto

I think we all agree the software, especially the webif, sucks. You have to keep in mind you pay a very modest amount of money for the mini NVR hardware, and you get the software for free. Not really fair to compare that to a commercial piece of software with a price that exceeds that of the Mini NVR hardware. Of course it is much better.

I knew all this before purchasing the device. I just like to try and get the most out of the hardware, and I don't rely on it for anything important (aka a hobby project...).

It would be awesome to opensource (part of) the software. Maybe we could even get stuff like motion or zoneminder to replace the ants application. But this will likely never happen since the kernel modules are probably licensed from the SoC manufacturer (hilink) by Escam (and other mini nvr clone sellers) after signing nda contracts...

Hello everyone!

i´m diggin through this Post, and at page 28 i decided to ask my question before i read the other 40 pages.

I have got 2 8ch mini nvr, the nvr62008E series.

One with the actual Firmware 20150808, and another with a very old Firmware. Before 2014. I can´t say wich one it is because i debarred myself from that device (Bad mistake - the admin is just a guest now). And there is my Problem. Now I could easily upgrade the firmware to the actual 20150808 with an usb stick - i have learned that through the first 20 pages - great thanks to syspro and maik mahon, and thanks to all who asked the right questions So the configuration would be stock again and i could log in.

But my Problem is a really nice Feature i don´t want to miss in the Playback section:

At the device with the old Firmware i can Change from Main-Stream to Sub-Stream at playback (active X enabled). Very good to run through a night of 4channel recording in some minutes.

At the Device with the new Firmware i can´t do that. When i go to the playback page i can see the button shortly, then it disappears. I have tried the firmwares 20150808, 20150124, 20140417 and 20140416. I have the Firmware 20131211 but whenever i Flash it, the device goes to black Screen after the boot-Screen. When i Flash the 20150808 again everything is fine.

My Question:

1. How can i Flash the Firmware 20131211 to my working device to test if the button gets available again?

OR

2. How can i get the function back with the actual Firmware?

OR

3. How can i reset the Account Settings (or all, no matter) Settings at the device with the old firmware without changing the Firmware?

Can anyone Help me?

Thanks!

NoAuthority.thumb.JPG.7bb865a7bedb1e16091e2bd40499905e.JPG

Firmware_20150808.thumb.JPG.0c835ed2a43fd3b2381a3236ccedd803.JPG

Firmware_before20140417.thumb.JPG.f82e870f0ecdfeabb40594c824d3d8fe.JPG

Hi all

New here

I have a small 4x cam setup running on a Mini NVR N6200-8E, everything is good until today !

Suddently i cant access the NVR through a browser directly on the network ? I have tried on 2 computers and a phone, but no connection. I can ping the NVR IP, i can access my cams and what ever i have on the network - just not the NVR. In all browser types(IE, Chroem etc) !

Working directly with mouse on the NVR is working, its recording and doing what its always been doing

Have anyoine experienced this - that the browser interface(not remote, i dont have that) stopped working ?

I havnt done a complete NVR reset, would hate to do settings again...

Hello everybody,

i've read all the 70 pages of this post. Interessant!

I’ve just bought my MINI NVR8 (N6200-8E).

I will try to connect all my cameras one after one.

The first I’ve tried to connect is an ESCAM Brick QD 900 WIFI. [ONVIF]. After some fight, it seems to work fine. Cool!

BUT, motion's zone and sensibility's setup are not saved when i leave the setup (reading this post, it seems it is a problem of ONVIF's cameras...)

I’ve tried the 2th: a NEO COOLCAM NIP-26 HD 720p H.264. it seems to be a FOSCAM's clone that can use RTSP protocol.

The NVR don't detect it on my lan.

so, i've.....today....2 questions:

- i've read that we can use RTSP protocol. HOW TO SET RTSP protocol?

- what can i do to retrieve saving of motion's zone (for ALL protocols)?

Thanks for your help

Best regards

Hello everybody,

i've read all the 70 pages of this post. Interessant!

I’ve just bought my MINI NVR8 (N6200-8E).

I will try to connect all my cameras one after one.

The first I’ve tried to connect is an ESCAM Brick QD 900 WIFI. [ONVIF]. After some fight, it seems to work fine. Cool!

BUT, motion's zone and sensibility's setup are not saved when i leave the setup (reading this post, it seems it is a problem of ONVIF's cameras...)

I’ve tried the 2th: a NEO COOLCAM NIP-26 HD 720p H.264. it seems to be a FOSCAM's clone that can use RTSP protocol.

The NVR don't detect it on my lan.

so, i've.....today....2 questions:

- i've read that we can use RTSP protocol. HOW TO SET RTSP protocol?

- what can i do to retrieve saving of motion's zone (for ALL protocols)?

Thanks for your help

Best regards

To enable rtsp you need the firmware patch here: http://www.urcctvstore.com/Download/20150808/Enable_RTSP_protocol_20150907.update (probably only use it when your NVR contains the 20150808 firmware, which mine did as shipped)

In my experience, and others in this thread, the proprietary i16 protocol works much better compared to ONVIF. I also have the QD900 and changing/saving settings from either the QD900 webif, or the NVR webif seems to work smoothly. If it doesn't, try the ants gui on hdmi. With ONVIF I got continous motion alarms even with the camera on its side aimed at the table

I seem to get reliable motion alarms now, and the NVR starts recording, but after 10-15 seconds it stops recording while there's still motion. Maybe there's no motion-stop event, and it just starts recording for a fixed amount of time, and I need to increase the recording time? Have to wait until I have time to play with it again...

thanks patmas,

some cameras has different command line using RTSP or HTTP like this:

- rtsp://IPADDRESS:554/cam[CHANNEL]/h264

- http://IPADDRESS:554/videostream.cgi?user=[uSERNAME]&pwd=[PASSWORD]&resolution=32&rate=0

What is the difference?

Does the firmware patch enabling RTSP works fine with HTTP:\\ command line?

Br

Hi,

after checking my NVR's system, i discover that my firmware's date is 20150808 (the last?)

so i just update my system with : 20150808_Firmware_Enable_RTSP

I connect my camera ESCAM brick QD900 WIFI, first setup on ONVIF, on RTSP.

Motion detection has the same problem. i've the error message: ERROR DURING SAVING PARAMETER

Nothing has been changed

on a motion detection system that works, is anyone know what file is stored in this setting?

I might be directly edit the file?

Best regards

Does anyone know what happens when the attached harddrive is full up and runs out of space?

Does it just stop recording motion or does it automatically delete old data?

I never lost so much time to the configuration of anything !!

The motion of this machine is wrong and never go.

The motion is not related to onvif protocol or to the fact that it is implemented in the camera.

NVR is the software that I have to do and this nvr it does !!

it is useless to appeal to the fact that the manufacturers do not follow to the letter the onvif protocol.

I have a DVR on which I connected two simple analog cameras and motion works perfectly because the cameras do not have the motion but only because the DVR has in motion !!

It is useless to tell me that with what it costs this NVR has a free software. This is the result, I spend for an hardware that, given its free software does not do what it should, so in the end I have a little box unusable.

I predict that soon there will be hundreds of on ebay for sale of these nvr used.

Before you sell this NVR and before time savings.

Who spends less spends more.

Alberto

From now on I organize myself to make a mini pc with Genius Vision Comunity version.

With this software you handle any camera with an advanced motion system.

The software is a little complex, but rather lose the time with a powerful software with a hardware combination, especially software, poor.

Alberto

Did a total reset of the NVR, that fixed it but hey it still sucks ...

No i need to set i all up again !

Hi Coralreef,

I have maybe the same problem...

I cannot login to web, but I login to telnet (root:a.......)

Just wounder how you did a full reset without web?

(I does not have any mouse / monitor connected to my NVR at the moment)

Greetings Eddie

Alternativ firmware?

Have any1 tryed to use a alternative firmware on the Escam NVR 4/8 ch?

I read something about a "XRN0808E_Firmware_03-06-14" firmware, but I did'n understand if this can be used on the Escam???

Greetings Eddie

hello everyone, newbie here

i just bought escam super mini NVR K108 and begin to configure it.

i just changed the password for the admin. and when i try to login with my new password, it says incorrect password. i tried the old password, still incorrect password.

is there any way to reset the password?