reeves1985

Mini nvr questions

thanks for reply,

the ants camera have rtsp stream enabled like others ip cameras...

the problem is that in this firmware revision i don't find how to add a rtsp camera...

I have the same behaviour as reported by Dehumanizer77. Escam Mini-NVR connected to Escam QD900 cam, motion detection works for a couple of days then suddenly stops without a clear reason.

When I check logs of cam and nvr, sometimes I see cam stops getting motion triggers and I have to restart cam + nvr. Sometimes cam still gets triggers, but NVR doesn't, and I only have to restart nvr and things work again for a while... until it repeats. Could be after a couple hours, or couple days, but eventually it stops working.

I can automate things, to reboot the devices when needed, but what is the trigger to reboot? There must be a reason why the software stops working, if we can find out what it is, we can think about a possible solution...

I'm on the 20150808 firmware. Is there a changelog of things fixed in 20151231?

I have the same behaviour as reported by Dehumanizer77. Escam Mini-NVR connected to Escam QD900 cam, motion detection works for a couple of days then suddenly stops without a clear reason.

When I check logs of cam and nvr, sometimes I see cam stops getting motion triggers and I have to restart cam + nvr. Sometimes cam still gets triggers, but NVR doesn't, and I only have to restart nvr and things work again for a while... until it repeats. Could be after a couple hours, or couple days, but eventually it stops working.

I can automate things, to reboot the devices when needed, but what is the trigger to reboot? There must be a reason why the software stops working, if we can find out what it is, we can think about a possible solution...

I'm on the 20150808 firmware. Is there a changelog of things fixed in 20151231?

What protocol do you have the camera connected with? Onvif or I12? It seems it's fine for me with I12, however, I have not tested it for an extended period of time so far, since I don't use it yet, I have bought it for a new house where I don't live yet. So it might be that it will get stuck after a couple of days with I12 as well, but when I was testing it for a few hours, it appeared to be working correctly (and I can even set the motion area from within the NVR). After reading this, I might keep it running for a few days or a week to see it there will be any problems...

Have you tried disabling password in i12 mode? In my case using i12 with admin/password results in no signal. If i make password empty (in camera configuration) it works fine.

Have you tried disabling password in i12 mode? In my case using i12 with admin/password results in no signal. If i make password empty (in camera configuration) it works fine.

I12 works fine for me, it's just that patmas wrote that it stops working after some time.

However I was only trying that with a blank/no password so good to know that if it might not work correctly with the password set.

I'm using i12. I've tried setting a different channel on the nvr to access same cam via onvif, so I can compare results. But onvif didn't detect any motion, and I had limited time so gave up... Maybe next time I'll add a rtsp channel as well, though I don't know if the NVR can detect motion in RTSP streams, or if it relies on external triggers by the cam? I doubt their rtsp client supports control commands besides the simple video/audio streaming.

In my case, cam is accessed with user/pass admin/admin. So not empty, but admin is the default password so who knows what'll happen after I change it.

I've order a couple of other cams (Escam and XiaoYi) so more toys to play with are on the way

RTSP does not work at all for me, I've tried several RTSP streams from cams and other devices... See my previous messages. It simply doesn't work at all.

i have an escam q520 that i use rtsp to connect to that is a security camera at a remote location no problems using the following stream

rtsp://xx.xx.xx.xx:554/user=xxxxxx_password=xxxxxxxx_channel=1_stream=0.sdp?real_stream

if you have created a personal account on the camera just replace x for your ip user name and password in the above.

i have an escam q520 that i use rtsp to connect to that is a security camera at a remote location no problems using the following stream

rtsp://xx.xx.xx.xx:554/user=xxxxxx_password=xxxxxxxx_channel=1_stream=0.sdp?real_stream

if you have created a personal account on the camera just replace x for your ip user name and password in the above.

The stream from camera works, it just doesn't work when I add it to the NVR using RTSP (as opposed to Onvif/I12)

the stream i posted is added as rtsp as it is not at the same location as nvr, is rtsp enabled on the camera as the escams i use do have a tick box to enable or disable?

the stream i posted is added as rtsp as it is not at the same location as nvr, is rtsp enabled on the camera as the escams i use do have a tick box to enable or disable?

You don't understand. I don't care about RTSP stream on camera, that works when I view it through regular player (e.g. VLC). But working RTSP stream does not work when I add it to NVR. I wanted to add some older camera's RTSP stream (that works) to NVR, since the camera does not have I12 or Onvif, but it does not work in NVR.

the new escam firmware has a bug so only one source at a time can connect via rtsp, so if i already streaming to vlc cannot connect to nvr and visa vera. to get around this i have old firmware on camera that uses multiple sources.

just trying to offer solutions that i have used.

Hi,

My NVR has stopped working ! I didn't use it for months (power supply lost during move) and now it's stuck at the booting logo, but I'm still able to connect it via Telnet (192.168.1.188).

I tried the USB restore tool, I was not able to make it work as it refused to boot on the USB drive (It's true that I didn't use 2gb USB stick, but 8gb)

Does anybody have a guide to restore it via telnet?

My NVR: N6100-4ep

thanks a lot !

Up and running! I was able to get the right recovery file and a newer firmware for the Hi3535 chipset the 015a_015c_3535_LG_1&2HDD.20150808.update From this site http://www.camseen.com/SUPPORT/Software/ it works good, the only problem is the boot screen is in Chinese but I can live with that.

Do you still have a copy of this file, they removed it from download list and I eager to try get this finally sorted. I've had this problem for months have everything suggested but to no avail.

Thanks

I have tried various RTSP streams from different devices and none of them worked on NVR.

I received my Xiaomi Ants camera a couple days ago, it works fine on RTSP. Are you sure you're using the correct url? You can specify one for main and another one for substream. The format is rtsp://IP:PORT/FILE (without rtsp:// it didn't work). I used the web gui. It's not really suited for RTSP streams and it'll show port 0, but since the port is in the url its not a problem. Good luck!

I have tried various RTSP streams from different devices and none of them worked on NVR.

I received my Xiaomi Ants camera a couple days ago, it works fine on RTSP. Are you sure you're using the correct url? You can specify one for main and another one for substream. The format is rtsp://IP:PORT/FILE (without rtsp:// it didn't work). I used the web gui. It's not really suited for RTSP streams and it'll show port 0, but since the port is in the url its not a problem. Good luck!

Yes, I have several working streams that work with VLC or any other player but don't work on NVR. What firmware version do you have on the NVR?

Yes, I have several working streams that work with VLC or any other player but don't work on NVR. What firmware version do you have on the NVR?

Master Version: V4.0[20150808]

I also applied the rtsp fix.

Well that's strange... I have the same firmware, also applied the rtsp fix and yet it doesn't work for me. Where did you download the patch? I might try to reapply it (hopefully it will not break anything).

Well that's strange... I have the same firmware, also applied the rtsp fix and yet it doesn't work for me. Where did you download the patch? I might try to reapply it (hopefully it will not break anything).

It was here http://www.urcctvstore.com/Download.html but it's disappeared. Like I said in one of my previous posts, there's a newer 20151231 firmware and also Goolink_Firmware_20160302 but no information about what's changed. Maybe the rtsp fix is included? Maybe the goolink firmware is for generating a new deviceid, in case the goolink website refuses to register the original id? Who knows...?

It was here http://www.urcctvstore.com/Download.html but it's disappeared. Like I said in one of my previous posts, there's a newer 20151231 firmware and also Goolink_Firmware_20160302 but no information about what's changed. Maybe the rtsp fix is included? Maybe the goolink firmware is for generating a new deviceid, in case the goolink website refuses to register the original id? Who knows...?

If I remember correctly, someone has complained about the 20151231 firmware earlier in this thread and was trying to downgrade to the older one, so I suppose it's better to stay off this one.

So my mini nvr stopped working this afternoon. Even after rebooting, video lost events and when I connect with goolink it tells me the device is offline.

I think the cloud service is non-responsive and the mini-nvr is stuck on connecting and doesn't fully complete it's boot sequence. Netstat output shows established connections with rtsp streams, so they should simply work. But there's a syn_sent connection to 60.28.222.28:www which is the chinese cloud service IP.

According to a russian forum, the latest goolink firmware on urcctvstore changes the ip address to something different, so I'm thinking 66.28.222.28 may be down for good? But there're reports that the firmware messes up other stuff, like text being in russian so I'm not going to use it until I'm sure it actually improves things...

The RTSP patch for v20150805 is still on their website if you are looking for it.

www.urcctvstore.com/Download/20150808/Enable_RTSP_protocol_20150907.update

Btw, which was default login password?

I tried the cat /usr/etc/USERCFG.xml method but there's no sPassword value for admin user.

EDIT: ok, i solved by renaming the file

Edited by Guest