kandcorp

Remote Video Monitoring Services

A friend of mine in San Clemente works for a company called West Tech or something like that for remote monitoring and I have heard of Sentry Guard before. Are you thinking about getting into the industry?

Pondering the IDEA. Just would like to get some more info. Does anybody have pricing and services provided?

McFennel, what do you charge and whats included.

what are you talking about? Someone to man the cameras 24/7 and actually WATCH them? or alarm based monitoring with video confirmation?

No, that would be expensive. More like check in tours. I talked to a company today that charges $18.00 a month for 2 check in tours a day. They create a report and email/call it to the client for an additional $2.50 a month. If you wanted more tours or I think they called them, "Alarm Guard Tours" it is an additional $6.00 per tour /month.

Ya break down the details of what your service will provide. I would imagine it could be cctv surveillance, with various alarm sources triggering corresponding cameras to come on at your facility right? Now would your services only be for systems you installed linked via the internet or would you monitor anybodys system thats networkable?

No, that would be expensive. More like check in tours. I talked to a company today that charges $18.00 a month for 2 check in tours a day. They create a report and email/call it to the client for an additional $2.50 a month. If you wanted more tours or I think they called them, "Alarm Guard Tours" it is an additional $6.00 per tour /month.

Man I like that idea!

Just make sure to set aside a big old chunk of money up front for a very competant lawyer to write an extremely thorough and rock-solid limitation of your liabilities - must completely disavow yourself of responsibility for anything I think (otherwise it could cost you much more later).

What would be the point of 2 check in tours??

They will have a DVR so all the stuff gets recorded but its basically like having a gaurd walk through but hell of cheaper. Customer specifies when the walk throughs occur and of course if an alarm is triggered you get an instant walk through and email with preconfigured video evidence to show the cops they get there.

Regarding your initial list... at least one - "Sentry Guard" is just now advertising that they offer this (part of a blitz their doing right now suggesting they can offer you everything under the sun).

Reading their page one finds: "In a joint effort between F. E. Moran Alarm and American Sentry Guard we now offer state-of-the-art UL listed burglary/fire monitoring with fully interactive video and audio verification and back up. F. E. Moran has long been associated with private client, custom-monitoring services, "

In fact, F.E. Moran is the parent of a company called "Fire Protection Industries" who in turn owns "Custom Security and Fire." They do the monitoring (I think that makes "American Sentry Guard" at least four times removed). So... anyway, here is the company that actually does that if you want to dig deeper: http://www.customsecurityandfire.com/

Oh... and call me a cynic... but I would bet my left ventricle that this http://www.central-station.com/images/Outside.jpg is not (all) CSS's building - in other words the "antennas" are not "theirs." Looks like an old phone company tower (okay, maybe they leased a building near the tower so they could get it in the picture of their building). Oh.. just confirmed it... "Our 900 pair telephone cable runs underground 624 feet directly into the SBC Central Office" - so they do have a lot of phone lines. Anyway, the street address on their site does match that of the building - they're across town from me... I'll try to find out what they charge - must not be enough though... their site needs some serious redesign - kinda like mine.

Edited by Guest

i still dont see the point, from a security side, unless it is done on every single alarm condition. Guards do walk throughs every hour normally, thats 24 tours a day to make it useful, and only in large areas.

Rory, there are many useful points of having this service. I get asked this question from a new client at least 2-3 a month.

Have you visited http://www.westecnow.com/

Watch all the videos, some pretty in depth services.

Example of a question asked from a new sales call recently:

Can you monitor my camera pointed at my cashier, view the text via DVR POS interface, and generate a report of all Voids made during his/her shift. Yes this would need to be a constant monitoring during his/her shift. 8-12 Hours. It may be expensive but as far as loss prevention, its worth it.

Now our PC DVR can accomplish all of this remotely. Text search is done through the software. Search for all voids and bam, theres all the times a void was made, export bmp or vid clip and email to the owner.

The remote monitoring is an add on service to what we currently offer. Our mainstay is armed patrol and armed/unarmed security officers. Our price usually is a packaged deal, which includes (usually) one lockup patrol (where we go and check that the doors are locked) then hourly camera tours. If an event is triggered we verifiy that something is going on and then send one or more of our patrol units.

i still dont see the point, from a security side, unless it is done on every single alarm condition. Guards do walk throughs every hour normally, thats 24 tours a day to make it useful, and only in large areas.

I'll take 100 of them since they are also in the $20/mo range too right?

Thats the ticket, they can't afford an actual gaurd, and probably don't need one anyway. If regular alarm monitoring in the US ~$30/mo is acceptable doing both for $35 you'll clean house.

I'll take 100 of them since they are also in the $20/mo range too right?

Thats the ticket, they can't afford an actual gaurd, and probably don't need one anyway. If regular alarm monitoring in the US ~$30/mo is acceptable doing both for $35 you'll clean house.

Are they just hoping that at those 2 hour marks someone is going to rob the place or tief from the cash register?

Are they just hoping that at those 2 hour marks someone is going to rob the place or tief from the cash register?

1st You can tell many things just by being there everyday, the customer can also pick thier tour time as you would with a real gaurd. The difference is you can monitor with much more concealment then a human gaurd can.

Are your customer's really that smart, sure when an issue of loss comes around you then upsell them until it's stopped. They only pay more if you put a stop to it. Either way even 24/7 monitoring is going to be cheaper then having a real human gaurd onsite. It just fills the hole between ADT and having real security, it won't work for many high security instances but that hole is huge.

I only see the point of it for burglary conditions such as alarms, otherwise the owner or manager will need to be continuosly be monitoring the cash register and store for shoplifting and in house theft - which by the way is out of control down here, i got some strories. Shop owners down here would laugh at me if I said i want to charge them to log onto their store twice a day ... its like putting iron bars on a window but leaving the front door open