Rory, do you have any clips from the GE dvr's you have used, and love ?

Yes but they are in their format so you need the Player. Their quality at 352x240 is much crisper and distortion free, than the ones you posted, but anything over that becomes more pixelised. On the local monitor though they are clear at full resolution, but then what decent stand alone isnt .. Course i set all my DVRs to highest quality available.

I cant speak for their new Wavejet compression DVRs though, which I believe is probably Jpeg2000, it maybe better in higher res on the PC file, than the Wavelet versions I use/d.

Post them Rory. As far as the player, let us know where it can be downloaded or host the .exe yourself.

Thanks.

ya know talk is cheap and heard alot of talk. And my opinions and rorys and kandcorps and any other "professionals" opinion really does not matter. We can sit here and debate this all day and not make a dime more while we do it. Who's opinion that matters is the person who signs the checks of the people who have recieved our proposals. Ya know I am sure that someone could build a 50,000 dollar machine and blow alll of ours out of the water. And then they would win, right? wrong because we cant sell 50,000 dollar machines to our prospects. So when it is all said and argued and this is still up in the air, who can move the most product? Having the capapbily to be a dealer of a machine wont do you much of good if you cant get people to buy them. So it comes down to Whats The Best Product for what your prospects will say yes at the table for. Man I know for me I sold 11 pro dvr systems without them ever seeing the actual machine. Just saw the remote viewing features and ability to do what fits their needs. That works for me. How are those geovision in comparison to how easily you can sell the average joe on them? I am talking the comparible geovision not the bottom of the dirt barrrel. And today confirmed 9 more systems ( 4 4 channel systems and 3 8 and 1 16) .

If I can keep selling and installing that much solelly based off the way the customers feel of its value, then I will be doing good.

typo it was 8 not 9

but hey the day is not completely over

just kidding. My wife says it is

Okay, someone asked some questions, others responded, thats all.

... since you asked .. yes a Real Time Geo System will sell for less and can be used by anyone, for example I have a system in a night club here, it was previously a Kalatel Stand Alone System which he had for 5 odd years, upgraded to get higher evidence sharing and Real Time Video on all Cameras.

The manager has never used a PC and still does not, he was given an IR Remote to control only the live video. It is recording 640x480 30fps per camera, right now doing 7 days as it is Spring break and its packed every night - extra motion and high quality color cameras in certain places. He has extra removable HDD slots for additional Hard Drives for further storage. It is connected to a 21" Color CCTV Monitor, as well as an LCD - the CCTV Monitor is for the extra high quality. The monitor has Inputs A, B & C - A is the Output from the DVRCard's DSP output. The SVideo on the Video card goes to Input C on the monitor for high quality playback in Full Screen. It is churning away without any issues ... ofcourse i wouldnt trust that kind of app with lower end DVR PC Cards/Software though.

But i dont think this thread is the place for a PC DVR Review ...

I myself have posted many kalatel Clips over the years on here, but since last year have been phasing them out to replace with the Geo System for many reasons generally pertaining to my locale. Lets face it, brands like GE (was Kalatel) arent just talk, they are proven for many years now, way before I got into this industry. If you want to know how picky I am, I still dont trust the Bosche yet .. it's still new to the business in my book.

But like our american friend said, whats important is are your clients happy .. thats the main thing .. and yeah gotta make some money while your at it. Also opinions here at CCTVForum.com are just that, opinions, we have that little blurb in the sticky at the top of each forum.

Rory

jisaacmagee wrote:" So when it is all said and argued and this is still up in the air, who can move the most product? Having the capapbily to be a dealer of a machine wont do you much of good if you cant get people to buy them. So it comes down to Whats The Best Product for what your prospects will say yes at the table for."

I would assume 99.9% of you on this forum have no idea who I'am and bares no importance either. But having two unique and separate company's that sell and install both GEO systems and Mace systems, I can write with 100% accuracy that for a company of 14 employees we are the largest distributor of Mace products in the USA and our sister company moves a lot of self-made GEO systems and various manufactuer embedded DVR's and recently installed five (5) 16 channel IC Realtime DVR's.

The point? Simple, it shouldn't matter the name brand of the product line you represent, it's your confidence in the gear you promote that will WIN you your customers TRUST and their business.

Unless you dealing with Fortune 500 Security Departments, 99.99 % of your clients will have no idea who Pelco, Sensormatic, Bosch, Sanyo, Mace, IC Real Time, etc are. They are relying on your expert advice to recommend the right product(s) to them based upon individual requirements and their budget requirements.

exactly, what it comes down to is not the best specs available. its the best specs available at a price and reliabilty that you are able to sell them.

Edited by Guest

Isaac and Spyman, I wish more people had your mentality. I agree, confidence among the products you sell is key. Even from a manufacturer’s point of view, this still stands true.

after installing 5 what is your take on the icrealtime pro dvr's. Especially after you push so much other products. What is your customers take also

I'm tryinig to remain neutral on this forum, having wrote that, I can't give a 100% honest answer until I see the machine running for 6 months solid.

Image quality is good, and some of the functions I like. For example the multiview of several DVR's on one free included program is a nice feature for a embedded system. Most of the PC systems have this functionality and very few embedded systems do, so I like that feature with ICR.

Have to empahsize that it's my sister company who purchased the 5 systems from ICR and they have since purchase more from ICR, as well other MFG DVR's. So, I would say thus far they are happy with ICR.

I went through the demo and saw the same motion artifacts. It honestly did not look as good as a correctly set up Geo or Aver system.

Well, VJD this is a thread in the Stand Alone Embedded section of this forum. We are not trying to compare to GEO or Avermedia(Totally different world). And look at the cost of a Realtime Geo or Aver DVR with Audio on every channel, comperable in specs, not even close. So having that said, I would like someone to post a clip of a StandAlone DVR or comparison to a S/A DVR that looks better than this unit. I honestly have not seen one, Especially for the money.

Hey Kand, I like the way you selectively quoted me. What happened to the next sentence where I said "Now if you are comparing it to other stand alones..."?

I think if you approach the job as if you were doing for yourself, you will do the job to you and your clients satisfaction. You have to really get to know your clients needs and situation regarding their site. When you use solid products from time tested companys like GE, Sanyo, Panasonic, ect, it pays off with repeat contracts and referals.

"any job worth doing is worth doing right." an old quote.

i dont think that is a good comparison for me. Because if "I" was doing the install for myself then I wwould want good equipment but would not do as good of a job with securing wire and faceplates and all that jazz.

Just kidding

blowrabbit You statement referring to only using "TESTED COMPANY'S" is in my oppinion a little offbase. As we know in the security world, you can find the so called test company's products directly at www.globalsources.com and since most of the big boys basically re-package (OEM) each other's products, everyone is basically on the same playing field.

I have used just about every product line available from Kaletel to DM's to GEO, again it comes down to your CONFIDENCE in the equipment you chose to elect to promote to your clients that generates refferals and repeat business.

I have personally purchased in FY 2005 a little over $1 MILLION in security products from Mace directly, yet everyone knocks the product line, yet I chose to use it. Yet, my sister company uses everything but Mace. My GM of the sister company likes ICR, Nuvico and no name DVR's from Intellicam.

SpyMan, I think blowrabbit meant that in his case he is going to purchase what he considers the more established brands with a good reputation rather than taking a chance on a miss with some other brands. I'm not saying any of the brands you mentioned are not good.

I think you pretty much summed it best earlier when you said:

"The point? Simple, it shouldn't matter the name brand of the product line you represent, it's your confidence in the gear you promote that will WIN you your customers TRUST and their business.

Unless you dealing with Fortune 500 Security Departments, 99.99 % of your clients will have no idea who Pelco, Sensormatic, Bosch, Sanyo, Mace, IC Real Time, etc are. They are relying on your expert advice to recommend the right product(s) to them based upon individual requirements and their budget requirements."

Hey Jasp,

How about you put your skirt back in storage and come join Rory and I (among others from the forum) in Vegas?

Scottj

Hey Jasp,

How about you put your skirt back in storage and come join Rory and I (among others from the forum) in Vegas?

Scottj

I'm broke, don't do this for a living, not near an airport and don't drink. I can be real entertaining sometimes though.It would be nice to meet all of you who would be there, but I really can't make it. Maybe somebody can take pictures, conduct interviews, etc.

And I refuse to put my skirt in storage.

Thanks for the invite though, very much appreciated.

I really don't see what all the hype is about this DVR.

I just bought the Flex R30 which I received two day's ago, setup wasn't that bad, despite no manual shipped with unit.

Remote view using web browser is terrible, this unit makes my cameras look like toy's, I went from an acceptable picture to a fuzzy day, they all look out of focus now, and at that price I would preffer use an Eyemax.

I mean all I did was move the connections from my existing DVR to this Flex R30.

Now my grass looks like a big fluffy blanket, live view appears to be about 5-7FPS, not to mention the recording.

When I view the DVR over IE it locks up when I switch between live, Playback and setup.

Forget about the remote client, this one makes Samsung look really good right now.

I was told by my sales guy that this unit records all 16 Channels @30FPS @ Full D1, the only thing he said was that I would only be able to view 4 Cameras at a time in real time on playback, which I really don't mind, when I set the unit to D1 the max FPS is 7.

Now I just tried setting the unit to record on motion, forget it, I'm tiried of this unit already and I've only been running it for about four hour's now.

I could never recomend this unit to any of my clients.

Sorry to say, but this unit really suck's right now, I'm really hopping It's user error based on all the positive feedback on this forum.

I am an AVTech guy myself, and I have sold some ICRealtime units, but what you are describing is not an ICRealtime.

I am curious as to where you bought it?

If you do not have a clear video over the internet then something is really wrong, and I mean really really wrong.

My first thought when you said that you have a poor video over the internet is that you do not have an ICRealtime machine.

I could see where a mistake has been made of some sort in the chain, and you end up with a Flex, rather than an FlexR30, and mistakes can happen, and Lord knows I make enough of them to make my distributor double check my needs!

I hope I am not sticking my head out too far, but I will stand behind ICRealtime.

Do you have an 8, or a 16, or a 32?

If I pay for the shipping will you send it to me?? I really want to take a look at this. I wonder if this might be a knock off!

SPECIFICATIONS

Parameter

ICR 4/8/16 FLEX SERIES

FLEX 4 R30

FLEX 8 R30

FLEX 16 R30

Main Board Processor

AMD SC1200/266 Multi-Media microprocessor

Video Processor

Philips Tri-media video processor

Operation System

Embedded LINUX

Video Input

4 Channel Input

8 Channel

16 Channel

Video Input Signal

NTSC/PAL, BNC (1.0Vp-p,75 Ohms)

Video Output

1 Channel PAL/NTSC, BNC video signal (1.0Vp-p, 75Ohms) video signal, 1 Channel VGA output (Computer Monitor)

Video Display Mode

1,4 windows

1,4,9 windows

1,4,9,16 windows

Audio Input

4 Channel Input

8 channel

16 Channel

Audio Input Signal

20-3000mv, 10,000 Ohms (BNC)

Audio Output

1 Channel Output, 20-3000mv, 1000 Ohms (RCA)

Video Standard

NTSC (525 line, 60f/s), PAL (625 line, 50 f/s)

System Resource

Triplex operations: recording, one channel playback, network real-time monitor, network playback simultaneously

Image Resolution

Live View 704x480(NTSC) 704x576(PAL),

Playback 704x480, 352x240(NTSC) ; 352x288, 704x576(PAL)

VGA output 704x480(NTSC) 704x576(PAL)

Motion Detection

Area setting: 192 detection areas on the screen; detection sense setting: 3 levels detection sense for e/area

Video Compression

MPEG-4 CBR (fixed frame rate) / MPEG-4 VBR (variable frame rate) / MPEG4 Part 10 (H.264)

Audio Compression

ADPCM G.723 8K

Video Recording Speed

1-30(NTSC) 1-25(PAL) fp/s Variable per channel

Total Recording Speed

120 FPS (4)

240 FPS [8]

480 FPS(16)

Image Quality

6 Levels selectable

Hard Disk

4 IDE ports, Total 8 Devices, Upto 4-Terabyte internal storage; External Raid storage can be expanded to 8-Terabyte.

Buili-in CD/DVD Burner

Optional SONY CD-RW/DVR-RW Burner

USB Port

Built-in USB1.1 port supports USB mouse, USB Flash, USB Harddrives and USB CD/DVD burners.

Alarm Ports

3 channels output, output in open/close contact (the third channel is controllable +12V output); 8 Channels input.

Alarm Relay

30VDC 1A, 125 VAC 0.5A (relay output)

Network Connection

RJ45 10M/100M Ethernet connection

Modem Connection

RS232

Pan-tilt Control

RS485

Power

110VAC 60Hz / 220VAC 50Hz

Power Consumption

25Watt (w/o HD)