imcclendon

Motion tracking system

I am looking for a motion tracking (smart) system that will initially detect motion and then rotate the camera to track a person as they walk through the room. Any suggestions, or will I have to spend alot of money on software design? Thanks.

Panasonic 300 series DVR with Panasonic CW-974 speed dome camera. Its not a PC based system but you can have remote access into the DVR from any computer with client based software or using the web browser.

I know that the 300 series DVR's will move the PTZ camera to a preset on event occurence, but will the DVR actually move the camera to track the motion of a moving person? I have been looking for something like this for a while, and haven't been able to find exactly what I want.

Yeah, it looks like both use algorithms to perform the tracking. Does anbody have any experience with either of these? -The software or the camera?

Yeah, it looks like both use algorithms to perform the tracking. Does anbody have any experience with either of these? -The software or the camera?

I have experience with the 964 the previous camera model. They just released the 974. I have got one of the 974's on the way. Although i did see the 974 at isc west. The auto tracking works well. Especially the 974. it will track zoom in and maintain tracking on that object. Even if it goes behind something. Where as before the auto tracking would stop.

I do RADAR tracking for cameras, none of this wanabe stuff !

And how does this work? Do you have a good link?

I do RADAR tracking for cameras, none of this wanabe stuff !

And how does this work? Do you have a good link?

I did see something like this at ISC but your talking $250,000 for the base model.

this is an old thread, but it looks like modern megapixel cameras eliminate the need for that complicated motion tracking stuff. Granted I don't have any experience with it, but I am pretty doubtful of it's reliability. AI is a long way off from being as good has human perception for areas of interest. That's why the Avigilon 16 megapixel camera gets me excited. That kind of resolution allows you to capture the entire scene AND simultaneously facilitating the ability for future PTZ like functions.

this is an old thread, but it looks like modern megapixel cameras eliminate the need for that complicated motion tracking stuff. Granted I don't have any experience with it, but I am pretty doubtful of it's reliability. AI is a long way off from being as good has human perception for areas of interest. That's why the Avigilon 16 megapixel camera gets me excited. That kind of resolution allows you to capture the entire scene AND simultaneously facilitating the ability for future PTZ like functions.

Agreed can't wait to get my hands on Areconts 10MP camera it's a little cheaper then the awesome Avigilion 16 MP

Agreed can't wait to get my hands on Areconts 10MP camera it's a little cheaper then the awesome Avigilion 16 MP

Finally, a "Hollywood" button for us techs living in the real world! Now if I can just get a computer that beeps a whole lot every time I mash buttons and something loads...

Finally, a "Hollywood" button for us techs living in the real world! Now if I can just get a computer that beeps a whole lot every time I mash buttons and something loads...

Yeah but can you get real time video from a 16mp camera?

I imagine if its going to be done its gotta be a super computer to begin with