antdickens

is xvision the same as geovision

I have received my first geovision card today. It is a GV800-16 card.I received the card in a plain white box with no instructions and a blank cd with xvision software on it. I have not been able to get in touch with their technical department as the sales guy i rang seems to think that xvision is the same as geovision.

The card does have a geovision sticker on it and looks the same as on the website. Id mr sales guy telling me the truth that the software is the same and should i use xvision, or is it telling me porkies and i should send it back??

I've had look at the x-vision site and the screenshots of the x-vision software look totally different from the Geovision GUI.

http://www.y3kcctv.com

I just checked out their "x-vision" remote demo and it links to a Geovision webcam interface.

The X-Vision cards are OEM cards.

They come with a version of software that is similar to GeoVision V5.4.

The X-Vision cards will not be compatible with the new GeoVision software V6.1.

Yes i got the card from y3kcctv. Not impressed with their customer service. I managed to download the geovision software, ver 6.05 and install it ok.

If the next version of geovision will not work with the card then i think i shall be returning it!!

Anyone else used the cards from y3k??

I would not have posted that here, that is illegal and Geo takes piracy verry seriously

Haven't Y3k been supplying for a long time though? If they were dodgy cards, i reckon someone would have done something by now. I took a look, and the GUI looks same as Geo apart from colours. But if they're claiming to sell geo and you got what you got, then something ain't right. Did you buy an 'xvision' card or a geovision card?

Looks like x, vi\sion is just someones badge or equipment,

equipment from this site is not onl;y geovision, but other brands as well, for ex the standalones..

Just took a look at x vision, not the same as geo and twice the price, geovision have been around for about 5 years, I tested there early software

version 4.0, 4.2 nearley 4 years ago when I lived in the UK, Geovision cards are one of the best on the market as long as you partion your drives up properly, another good card is made by dvs, more complicated to use than Geovision but rock solid, also has a sequential video switcher built in, I tested a 60 fps 8 channel card 18 months ago, it ran for 3 months on a pc chips motherboard with via chipst and celeron 1.8 cpu without a reboot, geovision is good, but not that good

cctv@cctvshack.com

http://www.cctvshack.com

Geovision is available as an oem product, allowing you to add your own name such as xvision. This version does come in a plain white box.

Xvision looks to me like Geo but the gui has been changed.

If I remember correctly xvision used to have the same gui as Geo but with a red border.

The original x-vision cards are GeoVision. The entry-level 15-20fps cards are compatible with GeoVision 7.0 (I used to use one myself). Don't know about the bigger cards though, as they need dongles (the entry ones don't).

you mean OEM software from GeoVision right? The boards are made by UDP since GeoVision doesn't make the boards themselves, they only do software.

Scottj

Yup, I mean it's the OEM software from Geo.

I used to be in contact with Y3K like 2 years ago so I knew it unless they've switched to another supplier.

No, basically just changing the image files is all they do. The SDK from Geo really is limited for only integrating additional devices or adding it to other systems (Access Control, etc)