lamsao

Lorex 8-channel NVR with 6 1080p cams @Costco for $999.99

I do not think it is possible, you could possibly only get into the cameras directly if you connected it directly to a poe switch.

not sure if ivms was setup to recognize nvr recorders.

After some more messing around, apparently you can

I fiddled some more and I ended up creating an "encoding channel" group and added the cams attached to the NVR to that group. I only have 2 cams connected to the NVR to test out, and both appeared in iVMS. I was planning on mounting the NVR in my garage rack where I have my network switches/punchdown/etc. & just remotely stream/control the NVR, and it looks like I'll be able to do that

I do not think it is possible, you could possibly only get into the cameras directly if you connected it directly to a poe switch.

not sure if ivms was setup to recognize nvr recorders.

After some more messing around, apparently you can

I fiddled some more and I ended up creating an "encoding channel" group and added the cams attached to the NVR to that group. I only have 2 cams connected to the NVR to test out, and both appeared in iVMS. I was planning on mounting the NVR in my garage rack where I have my network switches/punchdown/etc. & just remotely stream/control the NVR, and it looks like I'll be able to do that

good news galore! hah, can't wait to get my 2 lorex sets, and return my 6 swann cameras i bought 2 weeks ago.

hope the dome works well, they have that black foam ring which generally works to limit the haloing.

The Lorex's dome camera

IMG_5478.jpg

Good luck with those domes, I had serious IR LED light bleed issues until Hikvision changed their manufacturing on these. The new ones work great but may have caused manufacturing delays. Here's the differences between new vs. old. See how the old one covered half the LEDs and the large shape made it hard to conform to the dome's curves. Hikvision was very responsive in getting this resolved once I reported this. One reason my distributor can't get the new ones for about another week or two. They also made changes to the bullet. Also, the old design was a floating ring and the new one is fixed in place.

226759_1.jpg

The Lorex's dome camera

IMG_5478.jpg

Good luck with those domes, I had serious IR LED light bleed issues until Hikvision changed their manufacturing on these. The new ones work great but may have caused manufacturing delays. Here's the differences between new vs. old. See how the old one covered half the LEDs and the large shape made it hard to conform to the dome's curves. Hikvision was very responsive in getting this resolved once I reported this. One reason my distributor can't get the new ones for about another week or two. They also made changes to the bullet. Also, the old design was a floating ring and the new one is fixed in place.

226759_1.jpg

wow thanks for letting us know!

any pics to compare the new and old bullets?

I'm actually surprised that QC could look at the one on the right with many IR covered and say yeah, that passes! The other thing to look for a ease of positioning. You get the perfect fov, put the dome back on, foam pushes against dome and it moves the camera- a vicious cycle ending up with a compramise. Not a huge deal, but a pia.

Here's the happy couple, the new bullet and dome together. Notice the bullet now has a ring on the outside of the glass, before it was just plain glass. Again, to control IR light bleed. So to those that want the latest and greatest, wait a little longer for the proverbial slow boat from China to arrive. These I got directly from Hikvision HQ.

What's also cool but not readily apparent is the new domes & bullets have a round waterproof rj45 jack on the pigtail that is much smaller than the original square one. So smaller hole needs to be made and it's waterproof where the square ones were not.

BTW, this is the reason I haven't done a review yet, I was waiting for them to resolve this issue.

226770_1.jpg

This how both the Lorex cameras look.

buellwinkle, did you get the different sized lens on that bullet camera, greater than 4mm?

Here's the happy couple, the new bullet and dome together. Notice the bullet now has a ring on the outside of the glass, before it was just plain glass. Again, to control IR light bleed. So to those that want the latest and greatest, wait a little longer for the proverbial slow boat from China to arrive. These I got directly from Hikvision HQ.

What's also cool but not readily apparent is the new domes & bullets have a round waterproof rj45 jack on the pigtail that is much smaller than the original square one. So smaller hole needs to be made and it's waterproof where the square ones were not.

BTW, this is the reason I haven't done a review yet, I was waiting for them to resolve this issue.

226770_1.jpg

Thanks, it appears my swann cameras all have that black ring already, hoping my lorex ones have the ring too.

I ordered 2 lorex systems, one on 7/23 and one today 7/29, both are still processing, i am praying this delay is to update the domes with the new version.

My swann varifocal bullets ordered today 7/29 have shipped already. Swann seems very fast with shipping!

Buellwinkle,

Thx for the great pics. I just checked two of my six bullets & they have the plastic ring on the outside of the glass - but with the older square rj45 connector. Guessing that the other 4 do as well. Maybe I happened to buy mine mid-stream in the upgrades. I believe I ordered my NVR & 4 cams around March. Still very pleased with the 2 MP daytime images, but accepting the less than stellar night time IR images.

Eventually I'm looking to buy two more, one for a spare, and one for an exposed location where the better connection will be appreciated.

The Vari-Focus says 30 - 90 degrees. If my existing bullets are about 4mm, what does the v-f cam spec out at in mm?

317835670_SwannCAMS-Costco.JPG.ac52d02b961cb981a98b3fbe115736d2.JPG

The Vari-Focus says 30 - 90 degrees. If my existing bullets are about 4mm, what does the v-f cam spec out at in mm?

The Swann appears to be this camera:

http://www.hikvision.com/en/us/Products_show.asp?id=7673

2.7 ~ 9mm @F1.6, angle of view 101° ~ 30.4°.

They don't match the spec you mention, but this isn't uncommon.

This also shows up as a 12W max camera, which is a good bit higher than many recent models. It's possible this is the max load when the motorized focus is moving, but would require testing to know for sure.

You're right, the Costco version looks like a mini version of the Hik linked. I don't see the smaller version on the Hik pages, but they're pretty clearly related. The Hik's got a junction box and is a bit longer. The Costco spec shows 2.8 – 12 mm, but no power consumption that I can see.

Here's the Costco vari-focal:

226831_1.jpg

and the Hik vari-focal:

226831_2.jpg

I've searched and searched and I can find nothing. Was easier last time mostly because I was at their booth at ISC West to see for myself. It may be dumbed down version of what you noted that doesn't include the extra frills like motorized zoom/focus.

I've searched and searched and I can find nothing. Was easier last time mostly because I was at their booth at ISC West to see for myself. It may be dumbed down version of what you noted that doesn't include the extra frills like motorized zoom/focus.

http://www.ezcctv.com/product/DS-2CD2632F-IS-1150.htm

DS-2CD2632F-IS

Edited by Guest

Good find. Doesn't even show up on Hikvision's website. At least you know it has the potential of being 3MP, alarm I/o and sd card slot.

http://www.ezcctv.com/product/DS-2CD2632F-IS-1150.htm

DS-2CD2632F-IS

Looks like a nice camera & nice features. Interesting to watch these evolve in a relatively short period of time. Wish my NVR didn't "dumb-down" to 2.1 MP - but for my use it still fine.

If it uses the Raptor firmware, the one that's going around for the mini bullet should work as they don't distinguish by camera model, only by platform.

Got my 6 camera lorex bundle in.

BAD NEWS!!

the cameras are exactly as pictured!!

They do not come with the 2nd half of the water proof connectors to make the rj45 watertight!!

Sunshade is plastic, the black piece up front is possibly plastic as well! (never mind this is still metal)

These have the round waterproof rj45 connectors. but not the 2nd half to make them waterproof

The domes are the bad ones that buellwinkle posted about! also with round rj45 connectors

need to test to see if these cameras are even hikvision.

On the side note, i got my swann varifocal bullet in as well, just a round rj45 connector and power, no alarm, these have non of the nice things you get in more expensive cameras like alarm etc.

On the side note, i got my swann varifocal bullet in as well, just a round rj45 connector and power, no alarm, these have non of the nice things you get in more expensive cameras like alarm etc.

Does it have a microSD card slot?

The domes are the bad ones that buellwinkle posted about! also with round rj45 connectors

What do you mean. As in they are the old style with the old foam ring

i can confirm a microSD slot, its there when i unscrewed the front piece to access focus / zoom

yes old style

i can confirm a microSD slot, its there when i unscrewed the front piece to access focus / zoom

yes old style

I also just opened mine. I got the cameras with the black plastic...I thought some one said they wernt like that? Looks like its going back!