Ringsixty

Question on Mobile DVR's

Just wanted to know what kind of demand is there in this part of the market.

Would also like to know who makes the best unit on the market. I know kind of a general question.

THX

There is a large market for this type of Dvr. It is becoming more and more appealing to a broad spectrum of buyers. Not only Government and transportation but many applications such as the trash industry. The best on that I have seen is made by a Israeli Dvr company called Servision. They have a mobile unit that works on a wireless air card. It transmits very well over narrow bandwidths.

http://www.servision.net/

I have heard alot about that unit!!! Personally haven't seen it yet so couldn't really tell you my opinion. I do have alot of Everfocus, Arm and DM units out there and they all seem to have there own nitches so couldn't really tell you a favorite. I would ask what any good distributer would and thats whats the application and what features are you looking for?

Get me one of those units and I will have it put in my car. Would be pretty interesting to see it in action.

Scottj

So Mace only?? None of its subsideraries?? or all the companies affiliated with mace?? Either way I find it hard to believe that nobody else here can get them. I bet if I made a couple calls I could get set up or maybe even the company I work for.

What is your application of the DVR? There are many mobile DVR's on the market. Do you need the DVR to transmit the video remotely or are you just looking for a hand shake when then car or transport returns? How many cameras do you want to support?

Should have been more specific about my comments, Servision Inc and Mace Security Products entered into agreements to be sole source for Mace to be sole distributor in the USA. I could be wrong, but thats the word on the street. Mace sells to various distributors and dealers across the USA