rory

MegaPixel Cameras - Images and Demos

Those of us who have actually used Avigilon know that the cameras provide unsurpassed images for the applications they were designed (e.g. pro cameras for soccer stadium, train station, mall parking lot), and the software is far more advanced than anything else currently available. This is probably a good time to ignore those who wish they had several large installs on the books so they could test one and see for themselves what the rest of us know.

Best,

Christopher

..the "PRO" (PROfessional Avigilon) "cameras" (with this enormous problem) are these

am asking have you used them

big.. ENORMOUS... TERRIFYING CCD SMEAR!!

( ..please.. read the Avigilon's Technical Bulletin )

Of course,

sure!

Michael, your 16MP image is another compelling example from this camera. Recently I was talking to the Avigilon rep about one of these cameras at a mall parking lot. The camera was covering a large area with many vehicles, and they were able to id a murder suspect because of a tattoo on his arm. The ability of these cameras to simultaneously cover a large area and id an individual in a crowd is remarkable. Thanks for taking the time to upload these images.

Best,

Christopher

GVN you are acting like to discovered a huge secret cover up by Avigilon.... The information your talking about is clearly listed on Avigilon's dealer site.

Like I said before the PRO line by Avigilon is a tool just like any other camera. Every technology has it's limitations the trick is to know them and us the technology where it is the best fit.

I do not do advertising to me or my company (like you), I just need to inform all the user of this forum how things are about these PRO cameras, only the truth (the real situation that you do not wrote and Avigilon do not immediately informs).

bye bye

Gvn

Sounds to me like to lost a project to Avigilon and your pissed about it. You hide your name and the company you work for. Sorry there is no honor in that.

Simple, just dont use https in images, can you even grasp that simple solution?

If Box is anything like Dropbox, the links *as provided by the system* always default to https. Changing them to http requires manual editing in the post. Sure it's a small thing to do, but why should he be bothered just to cater to your broken browser?

For that matter, why should he be bothered to accommodate someone who consistently calls him a spammer and accuses him of ripping off his customers?

Guess not, obviously its above your pay grade.

Back to the personal jabs, eh? Classy.

Sounds to me like to lost a project to Avigilon and your pissed about it. You hide your name and the company you work for. Sorry there is no honor in that.

Sounds more to me like he didn't read the manufacturer-provided information, spec'd the wrong camera for a job, and lost an unhappy customer when the camera didn't perform the way he'd promised it would.

At least, that's the way it reads to me...

you cant say anything about it without them getting upset

am not a big avigilon user only use them in high security applications .... and have been on 3 courses.

just reading what gvn has posted i dont even think he has used 1 at all or if he has he has made 1 of 3 mistakes you can make with avigilon cameras.

1 trying to do over the limits of the camera 2, cheap crap lens (installer trying to make money) 3, install problem finger on lens or sensor.

I would like to see the Avigilon 5MP upgraded with autofocus. The autofocus on the recently introduced Avigilon 2MP H.264 dome (and the other models in the line-up) as well as the autofocus from other manufacturers like the Panasonic 502 is a welcome feature. I'm using the Avigilon 5MP in an auto lot, and despite efforts to pull the focus, the image is still a bit soft. No doubt, the camera is capable of a better focus, but it can be tedious to pull focus on these cameras.

The H.264 on full 2MP images really helps reduce both bandwidth and drive space. The pricing on the 2MP is reasonable as well.

The pricing on the Gateway is out-of-whack with the rest of the industry, but Avigilon is currently competing in a different space, so I guess that's working for them.

The 4-port video encoders are very cheap compared to Axis, and ..., use only one IP license. Very nice. I have not used the new H.264 version, but I am using a couple of the JPEG2000 encoders, and they do a great job, even with very low-end cctv cameras from Costco.

The Avigilon ACC is the real spoiler, meaning, if you ever use it for any length of time, you will never want to go back to anything else. In fact, I recommend against using the demo unless you actually intend to buy it. You will be frustrated when you have to go back to using something else.

Best,

Christopher

I have two 5mp pro cameras and have no issues with them for outside use they are in pelco domes and they work great. Just need to get a couple on the 5mp domes they have now.

I have two 5mp pro cameras and have no issues with them for outside use they are in pelco domes and they work great. Just need to get a couple on the 5mp domes they have now.

any night shots?

any night shots?

I have this shot from IQ755.

pFxv7FH1CCA

This is a question that often comes up, but not all criminals in my world use masks, many are forging checks to deposit into fraudulent accounts and then trying to redeem the cash at ATMs, others have ball caps and dark glasses on. The justification is that if your going to use a video system as your first line of defese against robbery, you want the best pictures possible, even a perp in a mask, black body suit and gloves leaves clues to his/her race, height, weight, eye color etc and no analog camera is going to help you there, so the need to go IP is obvious. One look at BanditTracker.com and you can see what kind of picture analog gives you, If your serious about curbing robberies, you need IP!

This is a question that often comes up, but not all criminals in my world use masks, many are forging checks to deposit into fraudulent accounts and then trying to redeem the cash at ATMs, others have ball caps and dark glasses on. The justification is that if your going to use a video system as your first line of defese against robbery, you want the best pictures possible, even a perp in a mask, black body suit and gloves leaves clues to his/her race, height, weight, eye color etc and no analog camera is going to help you there, so the need to go IP is obvious. One look at BanditTracker.com and you can see what kind of picture analog gives you, If your serious about curbing robberies, you need IP!
Not necessarily, it's more important in those cases to get a proper sightline with a low mounted camera (doorjamb, built into teller nameplate at counter, etc.). With these, as long as you are getting enough pixels on the target area, it doesn't matter if the camera is IP or analog (although megpixel cameras can allow a larger field of view and still get the same pixel density at the target area).

Don't get me wrong, I use megapixel cameras almost exclusively, but that doesn't mean analog cameras are not an acceptable option, if used correctly.

How does it do at night in low light? How far do the built in illuminators work at night?

Another one from ACTi:

KCM-5211 - 4.0 Mpixel, 18x optical zoom.

Distance - 100m

On maximum zoom + lil' bit digital zoom you can read that warning sign on door.

p_CV9zHB6po

I was testing it on Exacq Vision, works rly good, but i noticed one thing. When You set presets on that zoom camera, camera have to focus every time you go to that preset. Its quite fast, but still You have to wait about 2-3 seconds.

On GeoVision, when You set preset, its saved with focus value, so its much faster:

Same camera, but on GeoVision preset:

a5yPpUmJ4aU

How does it do at night in low light? How far do the built in illuminators work at night?

Sorry but I dont have any nightshots at the moment. KCM-5211 is indoor model without IR illuminator, but there is KCM-5211E - outdoor version, with SDR, defog, and 24 IR illominator so its propobly like 10-15 meters. But whats the point of having 24 ir leds on camera with 4.0 Mpixel and 18x zoom ??

Sorry but I dont have any nightshots at the moment. KCM-5211 is indoor model without IR illuminator, but there is KCM-5211E - outdoor version, with SDR, defog, and 24 IR illominator so its propobly like 10-15 meters. But whats the point of having 24 ir leds on camera with 4.0 Mpixel and 18x zoom ??

Here are some low light samples, TCM-5611 vs KCM-5211 (there is 24 IR LED illuminator), 1/25s shutter.

-oENaDzyMvU X4GTmOlSKMs

I think the IR Illuminators on the KCM-5211E are just for show. They are rated 3-6', which for a 4MP camera with a 5mm wide angle and 18X zoom is not very useful. For me, I go with ACTi because of the built in illuminator.

Hey guys, I have new IQeye IQ762 camera. Here is a videosample, original and with PnP function from GeoVision, nice function, but it seams to "blur" some pixels (on license plates for exaple):

Aaw1vw-yL8Q

New auto focus feature is rly great and saves time. You can choose on what part of picture camera should focus on. Too bad it can't be done automatically on "night time", but I bet it can by done by script uploaded to camera.

Soon I will make some night shots, and some 5.0 Mpixel shots.

SONY SNC-CH 120

Avigilon software

Have you any night shots from the CH-120?

I have a couple of these on order to test out

Wondering how they compare to the Axis P1344 or it's expensive brother the CH-140