rory

MegaPixel Cameras - Images and Demos

Was recently given an IQ725 and 755 to test... dropped the 755 in place of the wide-angle 511 watching the end of my street:

IQ511 with 2.5-7mm 1/3" MP lens (not all the way to 2.5, but close):

186830_1.jpg

186830_2.jpg

755 with 4.5-10mm 1/2" MP IR lens at 4.5mm:

186830_3.jpg

186830_4.jpg

Top-left corner cropped to 205x205 pixels (note: 511 is at "high" sharpness, "superfine" quality; 755 is at "medium" sharpness and "high" quality):

186830_5.jpg

186830_6.jpg

Was recently given an IQ725 and 755 to test... dropped the 755 in place of the wide-angle 511 watching the end of my street:

IQ511 with 2.5-7mm 1/3" MP lens (not all the way to 2.5, but close):

186830_1.jpg

186830_2.jpg

755 with 4.5-10mm 1/2" MP IR lens at 4.5mm:

186830_3.jpg

186830_4.jpg

Top-left corner cropped to 205x205 pixels (note: 511 is at "high" sharpness, "superfine" quality; 755 is at "medium" sharpness and "high" quality):

186830_5.jpg

186830_6.jpg

The day image of the 511 looks outstanding, the 755 just doesn't have the detail. As for night, obviously the 755 looks better but still not great.

Matt are they pulling timber out across the street?

Yeah, clearing the area to make a park.

The day image of the 511 looks outstanding, the 755 just doesn't have the detail. As for night, obviously the 755 looks better but still not great.

Keep in mind the 755 is on lower JPEG quality and sharpness settings (saving bandwidth and space, although I may boost them up just to do comparisons)... plus I found the HUGE resolution made display refresh really really slow on my netbook, which made it difficult to fine-tune the focus. I'll probably borrow the wife's i7 laptop and fine-tune it later. I have to watch the bandwidth because this and another 511 are connected to my network via a DD-WRT'd router acting as a wireless bridge - not ideal, but it was quick and easy and I did it mainly for testing purposes

Hello

Just got new GeoVision GV-BX140DW WDR camera. I have to say:

- not bad image

- good WDR

- rly good price

Some videosamples and comparisons, tested on animals

7fbNNrb5UR8 zGBSqftfQ1g

Hello

- not bad image

- good WDR

- rly good price

I hope that rat is ok. That last step looked ominous. You should put some music to that video.

If I may make a suggestion, go with Ben, by Crispin Glover:

YTKNahASSDI

Hello

- not bad image

- good WDR

- rly good price

I hope that rat is ok. That last step looked ominous. You should put some music to that video.

If I may make a suggestion, go with Ben, by Crispin Glover:

HA! I remember that movie (oryginal Ben, was crying like baby). Thanks for suggestion/

Here's a set of day/night/IR on-off pics from a 1MP Vivotek IP8332, 1/4" CMOS sensor, 3.6mm F/1.8 lens. Minimum shutter speed is set for 1/30 second to reduce motion blur; at 1/5 second, the no-light shots are better.

The camera's about 20' from the building, and the 100W motion detect halogen light is about 45' away. At night, my light meter gives about 3 lux at the near corner of the building with the 100W light on. With no lights, it's pretty dark back there.

Basic settings are:

1280x800, h.264, 10fps, fixed quality - excellent (best setting)

Brightness 0, Contrast -3, Saturation 0, Sharpness 0

I've reduced contrast because of overly dark shadows in bright sunlight.

I've included one color night pic due to Buellwinkle's findings that night picture quality is better in color than BW on the 2MP version. There's not much difference on this model, but contrast is a little better with more light.

Edited to add one - nighttime, IR only, with gain turned down to 2x from the default 4x. It reduces noise quite a bit. Also added 1/5 second shutter speed with no light, just ambient, and 2x gain.

Daytime, bright sun:

188429_1.jpg

Nighttime, no light, no IR, BW:

188429_2.jpg

Nightime, no light, no IR, color, 1/5 second shutter:

188429_8.jpg

Nighttime, no light, IR on, BW:

188429_3.jpg

Nighttime, no light, IR on, color, gain reduced from 4x to 2x:

188429_7.jpg

Nighttime, 100W light, IR off, BW:

188429_4.jpg

Nighttime, 100W light, IR on, BW:

188429_5.jpg

Nighttime, 100W light, IR on, color:

188429_6.jpg

Edited by Guest

Sometimes I get info from customers that the cant setup ACTi KCM-5111, I dont get it? Whats so difficult?! It took me like 1 minute to set this scene:

BuJg7JUMfFs

Whats wrong with that picture? I know that IQ763 would be better, but KCM-5111 is almoust half its price.

For camera in that price range I think its rly nice.

Sometimes I get info from customers that the cant setup ACTi KCM-5111, I dont get it? Whats so difficult?! It took me like 1 minute to set this scene:

BuJg7JUMfFs

Whats wrong with that picture? I know that IQ763 would be better, but KCM-5111 is almoust half its price.

For camera in that price range I think its rly nice.

My pet peve. All that resolution being wasted on sky.

My pet peve. All that resolution being wasted on sky.

How do you know it's being wasted? Maybe they're watching for alien incursion. Maybe it's capturing the CEO's helipad.

Its a rapture cam. They are waiting for the skies to split apart and watch the people floating up in the air out of the building. I wouldnt really want to be the one watching the footage after the fact though, darn.

Its a rapture cam. They are waiting for the skies to split apart and watch the people floating up in the air out of the building. I wouldnt really want to be the one watching the footage after the fact though, darn.

Its like that because of aspect ratio of that damn camera, and its the only point where I can put it on. So lets pretend that its "watching CEO alient space helicopter pad for rapturing ppl and spliting the sky apart"

Here's a set of day/night/IR on-off pics from a 1MP Vivotek IP8332, 1/4" CMOS sensor, 3.6mm F/1.8 lens. Minimum shutter speed is set for 1/30 second to reduce motion blur; at 1/5 second, the no-light shots are better.

The camera's about 20' from the building, and the 100W motion detect halogen light is about 45' away. At night, my light meter gives about 3 lux at the near corner of the building with the 100W light on. With no lights, it's pretty dark back there.

Basic settings are:

1280x800, h.264, 10fps, fixed quality - excellent (best setting)

Brightness 0, Contrast -3, Saturation 0, Sharpness 0

I've reduced contrast because of overly dark shadows in bright sunlight.

I've included one color night pic due to Buellwinkle's findings that night picture quality is better in color than BW on the 2MP version. There's not much difference on this model, but contrast is a little better with more light.

Edited to add one - nighttime, IR only, with gain turned down to 2x from the default 4x. It reduces noise quite a bit. Also added 1/5 second shutter speed with no light, just ambient, and 2x gain.

*SNIPPED TO CUT BACK POST LENGTH*

@ MaxIcon, thanks for posting these pictures! I'm actually on the verge of deciding which camera to get right now. Prior to even seeing these pictures the 8332 was at the top of the list, but now that I saw a few shots I feel even better about this unit. How do you like the 8332? Are you just using it for monitoring or do you have it hooked up to a DVR or some sort of computer based system?

Thanks again!

Was looking for a good low-light, hopefully WDR replacement for a failed Arecont AV3100DN... wow, what a score! Found a Vivotek IP8162P... grabbed a bunch screenshots to compare it to the existing Areconts as well as a VSX 2MP cam on another site:

190721_1.jpg

190730_1.jpg

Arecont AV3100DN opposite the Vivotek:

190730_2.jpg

190730_3.jpg

3xLogic VSX-2MP-VD on another site:

190730_4.jpg

190730_5.jpg

About the only thing I don't like about this cam is the widescreen crop losing some of the vertical real estate, but the WDR sure makes a difference in the harsh lighting on this site!

Just for reference, this is the old AV3100DN that the Vivotek replaced:

190730_6.jpg

190730_7.jpg

@ MaxIcon, thanks for posting these pictures! I'm actually on the verge of deciding which camera to get right now. Prior to even seeing these pictures the 8332 was at the top of the list, but now that I saw a few shots I feel even better about this unit. How do you like the 8332? Are you just using it for monitoring or do you have it hooked up to a DVR or some sort of computer based system?

Thanks again!

I like the 8332 a lot for the money, despite the low-light limitations, and have just bought my 3rd (and hopefully last for now). I'm recording 3xIP8332, 1xFD8134 (indoor dome equivalent of 8332), a Messoa NCR870 1080P that's a mediocre performer, and an LTS D1 cam to a dedicated Blue Iris box running on a core i3-540, stretched just about to its limits. Most are running at 10 fps.

I also have a couple of Arecont 5MP that I hate (awful software and frame rates), an IQEye 832N that's pretty nice and will probably replace the Messoa, and a cheap orphaned Rainbow IPM14 that's also nice for a non-IR indoor dome. The Vivoteks have about the best firmware overall and have been the least troublesome of all of them. Next plan is to improve my night coverage with external IR and motion lights, and see how that helps the Vivotek night shots.

Was looking for a good low-light, hopefully WDR replacement for a failed Arecont AV3100DN... wow, what a score! Found a Vivotek IP8162P... grabbed a bunch screenshots to compare it to the existing Areconts as well as a VSX 2MP cam on another site:

About the only thing I don't like about this cam is the widescreen crop losing some of the vertical real estate, but the WDR sure makes a difference in the harsh lighting on this site!

If you need a 4:3 ratio with same/better WDR, take a look at the IP8151P. It's a WDR p-iris 1.3 MP. I extensively tested an IP8151 and IP8162P side by side for a year, and IMO, the 8151 has better image quality than the 8162P.

Korgoth Of Barbaria,

Have you heard much about their 1.3MP version, the AVN807a. Looks like it's priced well. Would probably just have to get a 12V PoE adapter to make it work like a POE cam.

Korgoth Of Barbaria,

Have you heard much about their 1.3MP version, the AVN807a. Looks like it's priced well. Would probably just have to get a 12V PoE adapter to make it work like a POE cam.

Not yet :/ I used AVN363 - 1.3Mpixel on MOS sensor - it looked rly nice, hope that AVN807a will have same quality, but I can't see any info about sensor.

Do you have a night shot, maybe a night video to show?

I am having some challenges with night mode at the moment, so nothing to share as of yet. The IR illuminators are posing quite a problem and it seems as though the sensor doesn't do very well at default levels, so I'm still playing around with it.